Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, USHER6998 said:

So we know the chances of a silver screams house is extremely low but what if you went into the universal palace theater and that was our universal classic monsters house! Also I’m just trying to find a way for the usher to return Lmao

That what I was thinking, but also that would take away from The Usher because every icon has something attached to them and their backstory and for the Usher the Palace Theater is that place for him so it wouldn't work out to well unless the Palace Theater had another history to it that we don't know about. Something that is like Slaughter Sinema, Silver Screams and All Nite Die-In mixed in one with the Universal Monsters would work out nicely. I'd wouldn't even mind if they have to give the current touch up with how they did with Universal Monster's maze where they look much more aged and rotting and scarier, it looks really cool that way too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

That what I was thinking, but also that would take away from The Usher because every icon has something attached to them and their backstory and for the Usher the Palace Theater is that place for him so it wouldn't work out to well unless the Palace Theater had another history to it that we don't know about. Something that is like Slaughter Sinema, Silver Screams and All Nite Die-In mixed in one with the Universal Monsters would work out nicely. I'd wouldn't even mind if they have to give the current touch up with how they did with Universal Monster's maze where they look much more aged and rotting and scarier, it looks really cool that way too. 

Honestly, I say Usher + Monsters or bust. Unfortunately not a lot of people care for the Usher, but the Classic Monsters are pretty popular and I feel like are just the right amount of iconic to be notable and attract people, but not take TOO much away from our boy The Usher. 

I just got to see Phantom of The Opera live and now I wanna see his original form at HHN again! 

• Like 1

@zombieman - you're a few months older than me, but we are both in the same year.  I'll be 52 in July.  Such a range of fans in here.. but I agree - who the hell has time to play video games anymore?  I will play escape games on my iPad when I'm on a plane, but that's about the extent of it.  

I doubt they would create a Walking Dead permanent thing in Orlando at this point.  It's heading towards its ending soon, I think.  Uni would be smarter to honor their history and create a classic monsters permanent attraction.  That would be my dream come true.  

Ok, when are we getting an announcement, dammit!  Spring is only a couple of days away, and since they are opening even earlier this year, I think we are due.. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

Honestly, I say Usher + Monsters or bust. Unfortunately not a lot of people care for the Usher, but the Classic Monsters are pretty popular and I feel like are just the right amount of iconic to be notable and attract people, but not take TOO much away from our boy The Usher. 

I just got to see Phantom of The Opera live and now I wanna see his original form at HHN again! 

That's what I'm saying, Universal can change that by also revamping The Usher have him host the Palace theater and have Julian ushering guests back to the Palace Theater for an endless Universal Monsters - A Thon of the Universal Classic Monsters, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Phantom of The Opera, Dracula and so forth and forth have been graced on the screen and now have jumped off and into our world to continue their reign in reality. I mean they could find a way to make The Universal Palace rebuilt and different looking from it's predecessor but still has the same feeling from the original, I mean it should definitely be something they'd thought about doing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

That's what I'm saying, Universal can change that by also revamping The Usher have him host the Palace theater and have Julian ushering guests back to the Palace Theater for an endless Universal Monsters - A Thon of the Universal Classic Monsters, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Phantom of The Opera, Dracula and so forth and forth have been graced on the screen and now have jumped off and into our world to continue their reign in reality. I mean they could find a way to make The Universal Palace rebuilt and different looking from it's predecessor but still has the same feeling from the original, I mean it should definitely be something they'd thought about doing.

Instead of the universal palace being rebuilt what if it was a prequel house and you go into the original universal palace theater and a premiere/marathon for all the monster movies?

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

@zombieman - you're a few months older than me, but we are both in the same year.  I'll be 52 in July.  Such a range of fans in here.. but I agree - who the hell has time to play video games anymore?  I will play escape games on my iPad when I'm on a plane, but that's about the extent of it.  

I doubt they would create a Walking Dead permanent thing in Orlando at this point.  It's heading towards its ending soon, I think.  Uni would be smarter to honor their history and create a classic monsters permanent attraction.  That would be my dream come true.  

Ok, when are we getting an announcement, dammit!  Spring is only a couple of days away, and since they are opening even earlier this year, I think we are due.. 

How do you do, fellow old person?

Maybe TWD at Hollywood would get a theme change, but I think they missed their opportunity to utilize it for a larger attraction.  Size-wise it's too small to be a standalone attraction of any other type, and too big to be a store.

Interesting tidbit: I used Google Earth to research the building size, and the current image they are using shows HHN construction from FIVE years ago nearing completion (same map shows Super Silly Fun Land under construction, and no PotterLand).  One backlot tent was not yet up (From Dusk Till Dawn). Of particular interest is the Parisian Courtyard maze (Dracula Untold that year), which was still uncovered at that time.  Pretty interesting to look at it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1. An SCP house would be amazing. That house writes itself.

2. On the final night of HHN 28, while discussing about houses for HHN 29, a Nightingales sequel came up. Then an older man came over who's been a scareactor since 2000, and he told us that from what he's been hearing, they're saving a Nightingales sequel for 30.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

These ideas about the palace and the classics are really good stuff.... I would kill to see something like that. Usher needs a return. Easily links to all the houses and a focus on the Palace would be incredible.

The only one I do how well would connect is stranger things since it’s a show and not a movie but other then that I think it would be perfect!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHN Pro said:

On the final night of HHN 28, while discussing about houses for HHN 29, a Nightingales sequel came up. Then an older man came over who's been a scareactor since 2000, and he told us that from what he's been hearing, they're saving a Nightingales sequel for 30.

This sounds like useful information! I don't care when we get them, I just hope it's happening! Let's have it set in 'Nam boys. (I'm kidding)

But pretaining to 29, who here sees the possibility of a lead up into the events of 30? I remember in the email about the dates being announced it said "the legend grows" or some shit which sounded kinda noteworthy. That could be a way to get some sort of central theme or icon and it would be pretty neat to have a story again, like with 25 and 26. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

This sounds like useful information! I don't care when we get them, I just hope it's happening! Let's have it set in 'Nam boys. (I'm kidding)

But pretaining to 29, who here sees the possibility of a lead up into the events of 30? I remember in the email about the dates being announced it said "the legend grows" or some shit which sounded kinda noteworthy. That could be a way to get some sort of central theme or icon and it would be pretty neat to have a story again, like with 25 and 26. 

God I love this idea!!!!

21 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

So I think I know what hhn should do this year with its 5 IP and it kinda follows a pattern 
1. A TV show (ex. Stranger things, the walking dead, American horror story)
2. A classic movie (Ex. Poltergeist, the shining, the exorcist)
3. A cult classic (trick r treat, alien v predator, evil dead)
4. A slasher (Freddy v Jason, Texas chainsaw, saw) 
And finally a modern horror ( BLUMHOUSE)

Which makes me suspect 
Stranger things
Classic monsters or another classic
Killer klowns
Chucky
Blumhouse (happy death day, US) 

I loved Killer Klowns last year, the best thing for me last year, and Chucky was the worst for me personally. So I am hoping more for Killer Klowns HOWEVER if one of them has to come back I hope it is only one and not both. I can handle one or the other but not both and also Stranger Things too? Way to much rehash and repeat.....I loved Trick 'r Treat as a scare zone but it def lost a lot this past year in house transition right after....felt cheap....and I would hate for that to happen to Killer Klowns....idk

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I loved Killer Klowns last year, the best thing for me last year, and Chucky was the worst for me personally. So I am hoping more for Killer Klowns HOWEVER if one of them has to come back I hope it is only one and not both. I can handle one or the other but not both and also Stranger Things too? Way to much rehash and repeat.....I loved Trick 'r Treat as a scare zone but it def lost a lot this past year in house transition right after....felt cheap....and I would hate for that to happen to Killer Klowns....idk

I think universal creative team could go utterly wild with both killer klowns and chucky kind of like how they did their own vision with poltergeist that way it wouldn't feel cheap but I absolutely agree with too much repeats! Hoping for something absolutely crazy to be announced

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

I think universal creative team could go utterly wild with both killer klowns and chucky kind of like how they did their own vision with poltergeist that way it wouldn't feel cheap but I absolutely agree with too much repeats! Hoping for something absolutely crazy to be announced

Yea I want another Poltergeist moment of something totally unexpected

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nebulaexpress said:

I like the idea of HHN 29 being like the infinity war and HHN 30 being end game and have the two years connect into something really big!

• Like 2