Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

9 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Why not both?

I was thinking the same thing.

So that's:

ST2 & HoHH for 29 and ST3 & HoBM for 30.

My only thought about them pushing it back a year though is that HoBM would have to come out early in 2020 for a house based off of it to work (unless we get a preview of it a la Doomsday & The Wolfman, but I find that doubtful).

Edited by ryguyof87

2 hours ago, ryguyof87 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

So that's:

ST2 & HoHH for 29 and ST3 & HoBM for 30.

My only thought about them pushing it back a year though is that HoBM would have to come out early in 2020 for a house based off of it to work (unless we get a preview of it a la Doomsday & The Wolfman, but I find that doubtful).

Unless they work together on the promotional material? Could announce both the series launch date and house at the same time. Will likely be filmed this year, as post production work will take some time. The team do see scripts, etc as part of designing the house so could work in tandem. 

Not or saying they will, just saying they could if they wanted. It’s a win win for both parties. 

Still avoiding spoilers,  but I present three properties that need to eventually come!

My Bloody Valentine (1981) - Would make a GREAT house! It's simple: Ya got a creepy mine, really good kills, and an unsettling miner killer! 

Leprechaun - This would make for a great comedy house. Plus it could also get pretty freaky with Leprechaun himself.

Slasher - A fantastic who-done-it anthology show on Netflix. Season 1 can be skipped since it wouldn't make for a great house, but Season 2 would be perfect! Plus ya got Season 3 coming very soon, so this year would be perfect!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Off topic, but I re-watched the Blumhouse Halloween again this past weekend and the more I see it, the more I don't like it. I am a HUGE Halloween fan and for some reason I just cannot get into this one. I think it's definitely overrated and I would rather watch Halloween II or Halloween 4 than the new one. 

1.) The entire premise of the "new Loomis" was incredibly dumb. I get that he's supposed to be obsessed and wants to see what it feels like, blah blah blah. But when he put on the mask and was somehow able to lift an unconscious Michael into the back of a police car on his own.. no, no thank you. 

2.) The randomness and the quantity of the kills were just too much. The first one was so good because of the way they kept you on the edge of your seat waiting for the inevitable to happen. In this one, it's just thrown in your face almost immediately. Doesn't matter if we're invested in the character (not many) or if it's a random neighbor, he's just going around getting everyone. And the gore level is approaching Zombie status too. The doctor getting his head smashed by a boot or the woman getting her head beat in with a hammer.  The other movies didn't need to resort to that much gore to make them exciting. 

3.) Judy Greer is the worst actress ever. She was terrible in Jurassic World (watch when she tries to "cry" on the phone with her sister) and she is terrible in this movie too. She is not believable at all, she shows no real emotion. She's the worst. 

4.) Character Investment. At least the other movies tried to get you invested in the characters. Even if they were annoying and just there to be killed off, they at least tried to get you to care for them a little. Not so in this movie. The friends of the daughter are in what.. 2-3 scenes tops before they get killed off? And NONE of them are likable except for the little kid. And even his humor takes away from the scare factor as well. 

I'm ranting obviously. About 6 months too late I know. Maybe I'm off, but the movie felt rushed and wasn't what I expected overall. Rant over....

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

3.) Judy Greer is the worst actress ever. She was terrible in Jurassic World (watch when she tries to "cry" on the phone with her sister) and she is terrible in this movie too. She is not believable at all, she shows no real emotion. She's the worst.

Halloween 5.  Tina.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TheShape1031 said:

Off topic, but I re-watched the Blumhouse Halloween again this past weekend and the more I see it, the more I don't like it. I am a HUGE Halloween fan and for some reason I just cannot get into this one. I think it's definitely overrated and I would rather watch Halloween II or Halloween 4 than the new one. 

1.) The entire premise of the "new Loomis" was incredibly dumb. I get that he's supposed to be obsessed and wants to see what it feels like, blah blah blah. But when he put on the mask and was somehow able to lift an unconscious Michael into the back of a police car on his own.. no, no thank you. 

2.) The randomness and the quantity of the kills were just too much. The first one was so good because of the way they kept you on the edge of your seat waiting for the inevitable to happen. In this one, it's just thrown in your face almost immediately. Doesn't matter if we're invested in the character (not many) or if it's a random neighbor, he's just going around getting everyone. And the gore level is approaching Zombie status too. The doctor getting his head smashed by a boot or the woman getting her head beat in with a hammer.  The other movies didn't need to resort to that much gore to make them exciting. 

4.) Character Investment. At least the other movies tried to get you invested in the characters. Even if they were annoying and just there to be killed off, they at least tried to get you to care for them a little. Not so in this movie. The friends of the daughter are in what.. 2-3 scenes tops before they get killed off? And NONE of them are likable except for the little kid. And even his humor takes away from the scare factor as well. 

I'm ranting obviously. About 6 months too late I know. Maybe I'm off, but the movie felt rushed and wasn't what I expected overall. Rant over....

It really feels like reviews when it came out were really good, but have since fallen dramatically. Man of Steel comes to mind.

Halloween ‘18 is a good movie.. not the best. But when you consider  the horror junkyard we get today it’s really good.  

Halloween 5 and the ‘09 sequel remake were major trainwrecks. Halloween 5 makes waiting at the dmv feel pleasant. ‘09 sequel remake is like a really bad ecstasy trip that was made by some 40 year old virgin.

But back to horror nights, Michael May return this year. But we”ll see.. IPs only two are likely. Originals would be newbies and sequels.2020 will probably focus on the anniversary stuff. 

• Like 2

I usually am clamoring for a Gothic sequel, that is usually my number one request, however a follow up to Dollhouse of the Damned is so deserved. That house totally rocked and was legit unsettling everytime I hit that house def ranks up there. And man they for sure got their money out of the props they used for that house, seen the dang big baby face (one at end of Carnival Graveyard) in a house like every year since lol! So it would be a great business decision just due to recyclable props they would get from it hahaha!

• Like 2

Been going through my Horror collection recently and rewatched alot of Classics and more recent films. I rewatched SOTL and I can see it being at the event this year more then ever. There are some good scenes they can replicate even though it might be tough. If Either SOTL or Child's play (2019) is present at the event this year in anyway, one basically confirms the other. Pretty sure they are on alright terms with Orion so it opens the door.

Watched Happy Death Day 2U and I just hope to god they realize that it will not make for a good house even if there are some alright scenes in that movie. I still hate the movie and it makes me hate Blumhouse more then I already did. If they do that better be the only Blumhouse property. Unless we are getting Halloween 2018 (which I really doubt)

I agree with a Blumhouse street, why the hell not. Im worried about Scare zones this year.... I have no clue what Properties would make good Streets besides a Blumhouse one. I feel like they rely on Blumhouse to much sometimes tho. Anyway, I need a house announcement, im dying over here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Been going through my Horror collection recently and rewatched alot of Classics and more recent films. I rewatched SOTL and I can see it being at the event this year more then ever. There are some good scenes they can replicate even though it might be tough. If Either SOTL or Child's play (2019) is present at the event this year in anyway, one basically confirms the other. Pretty sure they are on alright terms with Orion so it opens the door.

Watched Happy Death Day 2U and I just hope to god they realize that it will not make for a good house even if there are some alright scenes in that movie. I still hate the movie and it makes me hate Blumhouse more then I already did. If they do that better be the only Blumhouse property. Unless we are getting Halloween 2018 (which I really doubt)

I agree with a Blumhouse street, why the hell not. Im worried about Scare zones this year.... I have no clue what Properties would make good Streets besides a Blumhouse one. I feel like they rely on Blumhouse to much sometimes tho. Anyway, I need a house announcement, im dying over here.

They rely heavy on Blumhouse because it's a low budget studio, which has some what great profits only because they are hold up most of the horror genre.  
 Plus, Ideally they have contracts with Universal and now with Hulu( which is almost 45 stakes with Disney, which why blumhouse films on there are made for tv films tv ma) 
 Amazon new deal upcoming year. 
 Blumhouse basically killed Magnet Release films.

I  love Blumhouse for what it is, or what it does for the horror.

Wait, not to derail, but why the hate on Magnet? The Signal, Splinter, and TimeCrimes were all incredible films in the genre. I wish they had been better at marketing them, but I think those always would have been niche movies. And it's not like Blum is ever picking up anything as ambitious as any of those efforts anyways.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 5:44 PM, TheShape1031 said:

I never saw that scene as a true attempt to “cry” on the phone. That was a manipulation move, and was acted perfectly for those of us who have seen it in action in real life. She wasn’t really crying. She was pretending to cry to get her sister to do what she wanted. 

To keep this HHN related:

Original scarezones will always be better than IP zones in my opinion.

• Like 3

On 2/22/2019 at 6:09 PM, zombieman said:

Halloween 5.  Tina.

giphy.gif

Oh yes, don't get me wrong. I know some previous installments were much worse than the remake and they did the right thing and killed off Tina in 5, but Judy Greer it seems will be in the next one at least. She's still awful...

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I never saw that scene as a true attempt to “cry” on the phone. That was a manipulation move, and was acted perfectly for those of us who have seen it in action in real life. She wasn’t really crying. She was pretending to cry to get her sister to do what she wanted. 

To keep this HHN related:

Original scarezones will always be better than IP zones in my opinion.

Well I certainly hope that was the case, because if not, it was pretty bad

On 2/22/2019 at 3:25 AM, Spaulding said:

Anyone a fan of the Phantasm movies? I think they could make for a great house. You have the little goblin creatures for your jump scares, you could have the Tall Man showing up a few times shouting BOY at you, maybe a room of the silver spheres buzzing above your head. I think there is potential for a cool house with some unique ideas, but not sure if the IP has enough fans nowadays to make it worth pursuing.

I could see Phantasm coming to the event in the near future or something because it is truly a classic, Phantasm 1 to 3 should definitely be used as a maze, the Mausoleum being the facade, right in the middle of the action, The Tall Man coming after us at every turn and memorable scenes from each film and being chased by the spheres or what feels like we are being chased by em and stuff. A lot of material they can work with those films and also it would be an amazing homage to Angus Scrimm too. :)  

On 2/22/2019 at 3:36 PM, HHN Pro said:

Still avoiding spoilers,  but I present three properties that need to eventually come!

My Bloody Valentine (1981) - Would make a GREAT house! It's simple: Ya got a creepy mine, really good kills, and an unsettling miner killer! 

Leprechaun - This would make for a great comedy house. Plus it could also get pretty freaky with Leprechaun himself.

Slasher - A fantastic who-done-it anthology show on Netflix. Season 1 can be skipped since it wouldn't make for a great house, but Season 2 would be perfect! Plus ya got Season 3 coming very soon, so this year would be perfect!

I haven't seen Slasher, definitely have to put it on my watchlist definitely seems interesting. As for Leprechaun, I mean I don't see Universal really tackling the series, I mean unless they did something original with it maybe but I honestly see My Bloody Valentine getting more of a shot at HHN again than anything. Since the remake made an appearance the Silver Screams house, the original and also The Strangers and Shaun Of The Dead that were featured in the same house should definitely be given their due as well. 

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Random this wouldn’t happen again. But what if HHN did IOA again? Seuss Lansing and Potter May block it. But since  Seuss’s widow passed away last year it would be interesting 

I would love to see it, but it's wondering if they'd do it for the anniversary year, it'd be awesome for them to do it for that year than this year, it would also hopefully allow them to bring back some of the originals from the past to return to the certain locations, and if we still had Bill & Ted they could have them  return to the unused stadium next to Marvel Super Hero Island while AOV or whoever takes over the Fear Factor Live stage. But then again I feel like we might be at Universal only for a while, I don't think they wanna take any chances. 

On 2/23/2019 at 4:49 PM, krazyhorrorkid said:

Silence Of The Lambs definitely deserves to be at the event, I wonder what is holding them back, maybe other companies or something but whatever the case, I hope they can find a way to conjure up an idea and bring it to the event at last and the new Child's Play has many mixed reviews, I mean I always with the original Chucky but I'm willing to see where they go with the new Chucky and if they make the maze to see how they could do it differently than the maze they did back in 2009. Happy Death Day 2 U I feel might end up with Hollywood hopefully and we get something else, I hope this year marks no Horrors Of Blumhouse or no, I mean either or, anything that could be a little better than last years' repetitiveness. If they were to do a Blumhouse street, of course, the only film series they will only use will be Purge since the new tv series had been on the USA Network and I think is prepping for a second season or something. I could see another Purge street experience which is not bad, I mean hoping they add more effects and characters, maybe something from The First Purge and mixing it with the Show, I mean if that works out I guess. 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:50 PM, USHER6998 said:

I read a article on potential of jaws being a house at hhn and I’m just curious what you all would think of that?

I mean after seeing the Mermaid scene in Scary Tales last year lol, it seems like a hit but it might be a long stretch and a little too much for Universal to really stomach in making it happen. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 1:09 PM, FaceBagman said:

Wait, not to derail, but why the hate on Magnet? The Signal, Splinter, and TimeCrimes were all incredible films in the genre. I wish they had been better at marketing them, but I think those always would have been niche movies. And it's not like Blum is ever picking up anything as ambitious as any of those efforts anyways.

I am just saying that Magnet hasn't put out anything recently. 
 I love Magnet films. For being different and unique.  Yet I think Blumhouse might be getting some of the future talent from Magnet films, or they buy movie rights from indie film makers.

On 2/23/2019 at 4:49 PM, krazyhorrorkid said:

Thank you!  I hated Happy Death Day 2U.  Granted, I walked out 45 mins in because I couldn't take it anymore.  I get that Universal has a deal but hopefully it is a street.  That could satisfy the selfie people and I could just avoid that zone then.  :)

On 2/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, HHN Pro said:

Some good ones.... and I'll add one that Ive been talking about forever (are you listening Aiello???).... Pumkpinhead. Possibly the greatest creature feature of all time. I watched it for the first time from beginning to end in several years. Also the first time since Ive been a father. That first 30 minutes is dark. Now being a father and having a son its twice as hard to watch... THEN you get to the killing and creature! Im watching and every scene Im saying to my wife "this house has to happen".... you have a dead kid, a witch and a 8 ft creature, crazy kills.... would be insane!

On 2/22/2019 at 2:25 AM, Spaulding said:

Anyone a fan of the Phantasm movies? I think they could make for a great house. You have the little goblin creatures for your jump scares, you could have the Tall Man showing up a few times shouting BOY at you, maybe a room of the silver spheres buzzing above your head. I think there is potential for a cool house with some unique ideas, but not sure if the IP has enough fans nowadays to make it worth pursuing.

THIS!!!  A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!!!!   I have said this many times on this forum - mostly to a response of crickets.  I think maybe I'm too old (or most of the people here are too young), and Phantasm just can't be for today's horror fans what it was to my generation (GenX).  However, i STILL love the movie even though it has some of that 70's cheese factor.  But, it would have some EXCELLENT scares for sure!  I feel so much better that someone else brought this up.

I told TJ (Mannarino) directly to his face that a Phantasm house was on the wish list when we met with him and some of the others at the A&D offices during last year's event.  He didn't say no, so I'm hoping that one day, it will actually make it to HHN.  It does give me hope because all of the A&D guys are such true horror fans, and age isn't a factor - so mix it up and bring on the Tall Man!

So here it is, the HHN hollywood mazes (at least from the places i've pulled my info from)

THIS IS HOLLYWOOD, mind you, I know nothing from Orlando.

Mazes

1:The Curse of La Llarona

2: Stranger Things 2

3. Child's Play (Will also be the tram theme)

4. Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

5. Horrors of Blumhouse 3 (Feat. Us, Happy Death Day 2U)

6. Halloween (2018)

7: Original Property (it will be in the similar vain of last years original property)

Scare Zones:

Gauntlet

Killer Klownz

Hell Fest (Will be IP related)

• Haha 1