Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

12 hours ago, Badge said:

I would be really surprised if we don't get Hill House this year. It was a huge show that got a lot of people talking about it and it can be turned into a house pretty easily.

I don't think that you understand how long it took for stranger things to get on the line up for hhn? 
 like they drop two seasons. like 4 years ago , so like 3 years of will they or won't they.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I don't think that you understand how long it took for stranger things to get on the line up for hhn? 
 like they drop two seasons. like 4 years ago , so like 3 years of will they or won't they.

Season 1 was released July 2016. The haunt was announced April 2018.

Less than 2 years.

EDIT - More specifically, it means Universal reached out to Netflix, at the latest, 16 months after the show's debut (November 2017) and as early as 12 months (July 2017). For reference, season 2 was released late October 2017.

For reference, TWD debuted in Oct 2010. The first house was announced May 2012.

Same timeline.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 5:42 PM, zombieman said:

Thank you, I found it as you were probably typing it.  Looks like designs are Pumpkin Guts and a horror movie mix-tape.

Interesting that of all the SS shirts they had, they are selling the Pumpkin Guts.

I'm sad they didn't have a Schittie's Kids shirt...

There are 6 different Slaughter Sinema shirts being sold plus the mix tape. I don’t know why he said only Pumpkin Guts (unless he didn’t know how to change the design). More details here:

https://youtu.be/aULQCLHU_UE

That October Wednesday (or Thursday) has been used by Microsoft corporate as their Ignite conference ended to provide a perk to their attendees.  But Microsoft moved the conference to November this year.  So, I wonder if they are holding the date back as a trade off for the 29th or to leave it open to another corporation to purchase?

Just now, sororitysacrifice said:

https://twitter.com/hhnrumors/status/1092821942019780608?s=21

not sure where they got this info and I’m not sure how reliable they are but....10 houses 5 scarezones anyone?

Yeah I saw that. But last year all marketing started with 9 houses, before dropping the number of houses, then confirming 10. Moral of the story is take marketing with a pinch of salt ;)

4 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Yeah I saw that. But last year all marketing started with 9 houses, before dropping the number of houses, then confirming 10. Moral of the story is take marketing with a pinch of salt ;)

That’s good to hear :O I was definitely hoping for the 12 house rumor to be true, so I’m glad 10 house 5 scarezones isnt  100% set in stone

10 minutes ago, sororitysacrifice said:

That’s good to hear :O I was definitely hoping for the 12 house rumor to be true, so I’m glad 10 house 5 scarezones isnt  100% set in stone

Well, who knows? Plans change, things happen, so as with most rumours they remain rumours until officially announced by A&D through the website. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Strengoit said:

The buy one night get a second night free is back and now for sale on the HHN website. 

Also, interestingly, Wednesday October 16th, is not a scheduled event night for HHN29.

That stinks. I always go that week because I'm off of work that Monday, and don't have to burn a vacation day.

34 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

That October Wednesday (or Thursday) has been used by Microsoft corporate as their Ignite conference ended to provide a perk to their attendees.  But Microsoft moved the conference to November this year.  So, I wonder if they are holding the date back as a trade off for the 29th or to leave it open to another corporation to purchase?

That particular week has been open from Wed-Sun for at least the past 5 years. I would always fly down on Columbus Day, and go to HHN Wed-Fri. I thought the Microsoft conference was in Sept...either way, sucks for me.

52 minutes ago, sororitysacrifice said:

https://twitter.com/hhnrumors/status/1092821942019780608?s=21

not sure where they got this info and I’m not sure how reliable they are but....10 houses 5 scarezones anyone?

Rumors is usually reliable. 

As for where it comes from, the official Universal press release. 

https://media.universalorlando.com/press-releases/buy-one-night-get-a-second-night-ticket-offer-now-on-sale-for-universal-orlando-resorts-halloween-horror-nights/

But there is also this:

Edit:

Yes, I called them out. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PlaguedUnearthed said:

They announced 10 all new elaborately theme haunted houses and five scarezones and no mention to shows yet. 

This thought scares me more than the event itself. I feel like HHN needs at least 11 houses and 2 shows or we're gonna have insanse bottlenecking and scarezones are pretty much gonna be nonexistent. I'm praying this is just where they're at right now. 

Just now, nebulaexpress said:

This thought scares me more than the event itself. I feel like HHN needs at least 11 houses and 2 shows or we're gonna have insanse bottlenecking and scarezones are pretty much gonna be nonexistent. I'm praying this is just where they're at right now. 

Well we have to take it easy you know, this is their second go around with 10 houses, I'm surprised they didn't go down to 9 because that was what I was afraid of the whole time, I'm glad were gonna have 10 houses again this year, as for 11 houses, I mean I could see that being used for the anniversary year if Universal wants to go for it. This is probably temporary and see where they go in the coming years but they know and are aware that last year is gonna be abit tough to top unless they have some really good things this year that will keep em on the level as last year.

21 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

3 hours ago, Dr. Strengoit said:

The buy one night get a second night free is back and now for sale on the HHN website. 

Also, interestingly, Wednesday October 16th, is not a scheduled event night for HHN29.

nav-calendar.png

First off, It's going to be bottle neck in any way regardless if there is 20 houses or 9 houses. I.e the exits for slaughter and DE 2 and Trt and seeds. 
 that is the problem.  Adding more houses to the already lines upon lines. I recall going through trt and waiting longer to leave then to get into the house. 

the problem is people finding the favorite zone and staying in it all night. I mean there isn't anything wrong with that. Yet it's boring. If I went with a group of people and they didn't want to any of the houses and wanted me to stay with them in one street.  I would unfriend them. 

Why are we shocked by the 16th  not becoming open? 
 You get more dates then ever, but we still going to complaint about the 3 days that won't get it. 
 pretty soon in 2021 It's going to be mard gras featuring hhn whole month long but select elements not in play. you get 10 houses and one street.  or saturday and sunday everything but the tickets are going to sky rocket. 
 I don't think anyone know how much pain most scare actors go through during the run of the event. It's a great and awesome event. very stressful and emotional side effects. 

I feel like we might not even get 2 dates due to hurricane season.  lets be honest, we as central florida haven't been hit hard last years. 
Maria?? maybe 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

First off, It's going to be bottle neck in any way regardless if there is 20 houses or 9 houses. I.e the exits for slaughter and DE 2 and Trt and seeds. 
 that is the problem.  Adding more houses to the already lines upon lines. I recall going through trt and waiting longer to leave then to get into the house. 

the problem is people finding the favorite zone and staying in it all night. I mean there isn't anything wrong with that. Yet it's boring. If I went with a group of people and they didn't want to any of the houses and wanted me to stay with them in one street.  I would unfriend them. 

Why are we shocked by the 16th  not becoming open? 
 You get more dates then ever, but we still going to complaint about the 3 days that won't get it. 
 pretty soon in 2021 It's going to be mard gras featuring hhn whole month long but select elements not in play. you get 10 houses and one street.  or saturday and sunday everything but the tickets are going to sky rocket. 
 I don't think anyone know how much pain most scare actors go through during the run of the event. It's a great and awesome event. very stressful and emotional side effects. 

I couldn't agree more lol, the longest two waits I had last year was being in line for TRT and Seeds and I had some friends that kept asking me to stay with em in the Chucky scarezone when all I wanted to do was the other houses in one shot lol, I mean the future looks bleak at the moment, I don't see Universal using Islands, I mean things could change but this year is staying at the main park for sure and there is not always going to be a lot of space, so I'm fine with 10 houses, last year proved every night how much the event could generate people, this year will be no different. And for the dates, I'm so glad that we got 41 nights and I will do my best to hit every single one lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I couldn't agree more lol, the longest two waits I had last year was being in line for TRT and Seeds and I had some friends that kept asking me to stay with em in the Chucky scarezone when all I wanted to do was the other houses in one shot lol, I mean the future looks bleak at the moment, I don't see Universal using Islands, I mean things could change but this year is staying at the main park for sure and there is not always going to be a lot of space, so I'm fine with 10 houses, last year proved every night how much the event could generate people, this year will be no different. And for the dates, I'm so glad that we got 41 nights and I will do my best to hit every single one lol

Fair. I'm just worried I guess. I'm hoping for 2 shows again 

• Like 1