Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Just seen Glass, and ouch. What a mess of a film and nothing worth using in HHN. HHN might be able to use a scene or two from the ending of Split for a mashup house, but don’t hold your breath. 

Also so lots of fingers in the Glass pie. Universal, blumhouse, Disney (as distributors), and more besides. Makes things tricky. 

Edited by Drummanmatt

12 hours ago, Fearlessferret said:

Universal owns glass the new movie which could be in hhn I just would never have thought because is it really horror?

I wouldn't classify as a horror film, more thriller, I mean all three movies are thrillers and suspense, the one I think could stand out as a horror film is Split which I could see come to the event but not be a separate but apart of the Horrors of Blumhouse. 

12 hours ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

I don’t think so, Unbreakeable definitely isn’t, Split maybe, although I don’t think it would be a good house

Split they could make work as a maze but it's how they execute as a maze, I mean I don't think we'd see black walls in the house but definitely should catch some really good scenes and leading up to us facing the beast near the end you know. 

2 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Can we get something more cemented horror themes for hhn or any horror theme park event?

Well I mean with how a lot of ips are sorta being taken away from Universal by WB and Disney, I mean Universal would get lucky maybe by using their own Universal horror films and Monsters but they might have to go the original route which I'm not afraid of, I'd love to see more originals coming back to the event as more new ones that we've been seeing. HHN grows continuously each year and it shows, the many ips they've brought to the event and shown that the event yes sticks to their guns with the ips they've chosen but when they bust out the originals they do their best to give em 110% every time as much as they do the ips. 

12 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Just seen Glass, and ouch. What a mess of a film and nothing worth using in HHN. HHN might be able to use a scene or two from the ending of Split for a mashup house, but don’t hold your breath. 

Also so lots of fingers in the Glass pie. Universal, blumhouse, Disney (as distributors), and more besides. Makes things tricky. 

Honestly if they do Split for Horrors, I could see them only using the scenes with the Beast popping out of certain places and seeing the two girls that the Beast killed and maybe even the survivor at one point or something but that's probably much they would use along with certain dialogues from the film.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, HorrorUnearthed said:

I mean I could see Split since Glass is in theaters and Universal is not representing it but would want it but it wouldn't be a standalone house, it'd definitely have a short part in The Horrors Of Blumhouse if they chose to use it but I mean my hands are in the air on what we honestly would get for Blumhouse, I mean I could see Happy Death 2 U, The Gallows since the sequel is coming soon and the film was done back to back with Happy Death Day 2 U and there's also Truth Or Dare and Unfriended since the sequel Dark Web had come out just near the end of last year on Blu-ray, I honestly don't wanna see Unfriended or Truth or Dare to come to the event but if Blumhouse want those films to be shown, you know Universal can't deny the request and have to do it. 

Oh lord no, I didn't mean the film Split as a house. I just meant it could refer to the split-entrance/dual house rumored. Half-naked James McAvoy impersonators running at me would not really by my cup of tea haha.

Argento has so much in his body of work that would make for just incredible house moments. I have to add, Dead Exposure: Patient Zero's use of color is what really got me hyped about that maze, way moreso than any of the strobes or totally dark sections. I'd imagine anything inspired by Argento's collection would evoke the same response. :)

Now, the only other movie that "Pink & Blue" called to mind was Mandy. But even though it was critically successful and it could honestly make for a kickass house (shades of Ash vs. Evil Dead with a neon twist), it still feels like a very small and relatively unknown property to get as an IP.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Oh man. I would love a Hellboy house. I'm not sure they'd be 100% committed in the return on investment vs how much those costumes would cost.

Thats a good point I didnt think of it that way. Maybe if the reboot does killer at the box office it could be a possibility.

• Like 2

Just now, themazethinker said:

i know this would never happen, but i would love to see a resident evil 2 house. it has tons of potential, lickers, mr x, birkin, G, giant alligator, etc etc.

YES! YES! YES! Thats what I was saying yesterday! I had hope that maybe since the remake is coming out it could be a possibility but its probably not even in the realm of possibility :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, USHER6998 said:

Im not sure if anybody has put this out there yet but does anybody think hellboy could make a good house?

Well the Guillermo Del Toro's film adaption would probably be suitable for a house, not saying the new wouldn't look good but I think Guilermo's version would be very sick, going through the battlefield from the beginning of the film and going to into scenes like the train station and the tomb of Samhain and stuff, I think that would work, but I feel like Universal would not shy away from using dark walls in that house some of the times lol.

13 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

i know this would never happen, but i would love to see a resident evil 2 house. it has tons of potential, lickers, mr x, birkin, G, giant alligator, etc etc.

Well after Resident Evil Escape From Raccoon City 2013, it wasn't a bad house but wasn't good one either but I think after seeing RE7 and the new adaption for RE 2, I think both of those would make as stellar kick ass houses that people would love to experience and would probably have them  try out the game to learn stuff that they see in the house and stuff you know. :) 

4 hours ago, FaceBagman said:

Oh lord no, I didn't mean the film Split as a house. I just meant it could refer to the split-entrance/dual house rumored. Half-naked James McAvoy impersonators running at me would not really by my cup of tea haha.

Argento has so much in his body of work that would make for just incredible house moments. I have to add, Dead Exposure: Patient Zero's use of color is what really got me hyped about that maze, way moreso than any of the strobes or totally dark sections. I'd imagine anything inspired by Argento's collection would evoke the same response. :)

Now, the only other movie that "Pink & Blue" called to mind was Mandy. But even though it was critically successful and it could honestly make for a kickass house (shades of Ash vs. Evil Dead with a neon twist), it still feels like a very small and relatively unknown property to get as an IP.

I see what you mean lol and yeah Argento's work would be awesome if they were altogether in one maze, Universal definitely needs to do more homages to many great directors like Craven, Romero and Carpenter and Argento, there are so many films that they could do without any stress, I know they try to catch films that were out of their reach some of the times but it's always good to grab the films that really had us screaming and going "That scene would be badass in a maze." you know lol

Official list

Chicken - Death Proof ("I'm going to have to file you under chicken shit")

Onyx - Teen Wolf (Onyx means claw in latin)

Salt - Deep Blue Sea (salt water)

Drill - Overlord (army drill)

Dog - Kujo (need I say more)

Cotton - Hellfest (cotton candy)

Pit - Silence of the Lambs ("It puts the lotion in the basket")

Pressure - Christine (gets crushed)

Jerky - Motel Hell (renowned meats)

Hysteria - The Happening ("What... noooo")

• Haha 2