Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

I quite enjoyed AoV. I’m not really into dance shows but it was entertaining and fun. Plus was a nice break from the horrah. Too much of the same thing lessens the impact, so it’s good to have a breather. 

Having said that, did it work as well in the theatre? Nowhere near. The good thing about AoV on the streets was you could dip in and out of the show, dance along and really get involved with the show. 

Personally id like to see another kind of show this year, with AoV on the streets again. It’s important to offer alternatives to the houses. Not all people like the houses and went because of the atmosphere and the shows. I think we often forget on here that we are a small population of the total that went to HHN and you need to cater for everyone, not just us. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Dance shows are lame IMO. Get something more horror related. Gotta be cooler alternatives out there right???

The GSATs disagree.

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Y’know, I’m still amazed that F&F got bad GSATs. Based off other things that get high GSATs (cough Fallon, AoV) I would expect F&F to be one of the most popular rides in the park. <_<

Did any of the originals this year get strong GSATs?

Neither Fallon nor AOV come near FF in terms of badness. 

Guys....I don't understand what you're talking about with the F&F hate. My wife and I rode it last year for the first time, and had a blast cracking up with the two dudes seated beside us.

We weren't sure how to take it at first until I asked out loud, "Why is Vin Diesel the same size as that helicopter?" From there on out, we couldn't stop laughing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Guys....I don't understand what you're talking about with the F&F hate. My wife and I rode it last year for the first time, and had a blast cracking up with the two dudes seated beside us.

We weren't sure how to take it at first until I asked out loud, "Why is Vin Diesel the same size as that helicopter?" From there on out, we couldn't stop laughing. 

Oh, laughing at the badness is fun -- I ride bit once a month or so -- bit it's just awful.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:42 PM, zombieman said:

What must it be....an original concept?

If this is true, I worry for the future of shows at HHN, and entertainment at the park in general.  Temper this with the fact that surveys included a higher than normal number of newbies there for Stranger Things.  They had no reference point for prior HHN shows.  I don't think anyone who had seen AOV: House of Fear would rate Cyberpunk higher.

But I am an old guy who sits in the park yelling at squirrels.

I agree. I don't think they would solely do dance show for next 10 years. I mean they might had signed a contract for 4 or 5 years. mostly likely with the at will clause for the company to end their show for few reasons.  Also, Listened to this podcast ridecast or something like that.. they ask john murdy same question why is hhn hollywood called mazes and  orlando called houses. 
  I think it's a maze because they want you to run into those black walls. whereas  orlando has you running into walls because they start their event at 1pm?   only in 2030 where they become like japan.

59 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

according to hhn unofficial hellraiser is confirmed to not be at the event this year :(

The silver lining is that an In-Between sequel could be more likely (thematically very similar--a box opening a new dimension)?

Guessing the three "banner" IPs will be:

ST2

HoHH
HDD2U

With KKFOS being the "cult" IP.

Which leaves us with god knows what for the fifth slot--Poltergeist was on literally no one's radar until May.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

The silver lining is that an In-Between sequel could be more likely (thematically very similar--a box opening a new dimension)?

Guessing the three "banner" IPs will be:

ST2

HoHH
HDD2U

With KKFOS being the "cult" IP.

Which leaves us with god knows what for the fifth slot--Poltergeist was on literally no one's radar until May.

I completely forgot about the in between! It could work but I hope universal gives us a really gory house this year. I can’t think of any house last year that had a really gory scene. 

12 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

I completely forgot about the in between! It could work but I hope universal gives us a really gory house this year. I can’t think of any house last year that had a really gory scene. 

"Nibble, nibble, little mouse, who's been nibbling on my house?" "It's so yummy in my tummy!"

A good portion of Slaughter Sinema (Pumpkin Guts, Barber Chop, Midnight Snack).

The finale of DE2.

Luv Shak.

Honestly I remember 26 being less gory, and 27 being about the same level. Disclaimer, I (purposefully) missed both AHSs, TWD and LP3D.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

"Nibble, nibble, little mouse, who's been nibbling on my house?"

A good portion of Slaughter Sinema (Pumpkin Guts, Barber Chop, Midnight Snack)

The finale of DE2.

Luv Shak.

Those are fair points. Also have we had any speculation for what that 5th spot could be this year? I remember last year the rumors for poltergeist practically came out of nowhere lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

Those are fair points. Also have we had any speculation for what that 5th spot could be this year? I remember last year the rumors for poltergeist practically came out of nowhere lol

Tell me about it. I lost count of how many IPs Legacy swatted down before Poltergeist was even mentioned.

The Thing was also thrown in when Murdy said there would be a "snow house," but it's looking more like Holidayz in Hell.

3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Tell me about it. I lost count of how many IPs Legacy swatted down before Poltergeist was even mentioned.

The Thing was also thrown in when Murdy said there would be a "snow house," but it's looking more like Holidayz in Hell.

I feel like the thing is a fall back house incase a IP falls through. I do kind of hope the thing gets a house soon because that is one of my all time favorite movies! But if hollywood gets Holidayz in Hell maybe H.R Blood n Guts could make a return?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

I feel like the thing is a fall back house incase a IP falls through. I do kind of hope the thing gets a house soon because that is one of my all time favorite movies! But if hollywood gets Holidayz in Hell maybe H.R Blood n Guts could make a return?

I'm personally hoping for that to happen at 30. There's been talk that the Orlando team was really impressed with Hollywood's UCM house, so combined with 30 coming up and with Blumhouse taking over the UCM it would be a surprise if we don't see the UCM incorporated a lot in the event's future. One idea I had was for HR to incite a riot in prison (Hellgate, of course) and to take the guards hostage and run a UCM marathon (make that a "MURDER-thon!"), torturing guards in the style of different classic monsters. Stabbing their neck for Dracula, bandaging them for Mummy, drowning for Creature From Black Lagoon, and of course, Old Smokey for Frankenstein. So you would have a crossover of Bloodengutz, UCM AND Hellgate!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm personally hoping for that to happen at 30. There's been talk that the Orlando team was really impressed with Hollywood's UCM house, so combined with 30 coming up and with Blumhouse taking over the UCM it would be a surprise if we don't see the UCM incorporated a lot in the event's future. One idea I had was for HR to incite a riot in prison (Hellgate, of course) and to take the guards hostage and run a UCM marathon (make that a "MURDER-thon!"), torturing guards in the style of different classic monsters. Stabbing their neck for Dracula, bandaging them for Mummy, drowning for Creature From Black Lagoon, and of course, Old Smokey for Frankenstein. So you would have a crossover of Bloodengutz, UCM AND Hellgate!

THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!! I hope we get some type of slasher this year since hellraiser is out of the question 

11 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

and for the wolfman, you can have a room of the guard dogs mauling a guard to bits.

• Love 2