Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

9 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Happy Death Day 2U was great and a lot of fun, it is just is a sci fi comedy, not a horror movie.

Yeah I gave it another watch, but still Universal will still try to make it apart of the event whether it be in both coasts or just in Hollywood this year and ours next year or something. I just think the fact that last years' maze was completely repetitve and really made me just hate it, I love the first film and the second is up there to a certain point, I think they shouldn't go through the trouble of having it return and make something alongside it, I'd honestly like them to bring the character The Girl and incorporate her into our Horrors Of Blumhouse if we are to get another one, the fact that was placed with Unfriended and Truth Or Dare last year and was not added to ours was definitely a missed opportunity to save last years' maze.

18 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

THIS!!!  A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!!!!   I have said this many times on this forum - mostly to a response of crickets.  I think maybe I'm too old (or most of the people here are too young), and Phantasm just can't be for today's horror fans what it was to my generation (GenX).  However, i STILL love the movie even though it has some of that 70's cheese factor.  But, it would have some EXCELLENT scares for sure!  I feel so much better that someone else brought this up.

I told TJ (Mannarino) directly to his face that a Phantasm house was on the wish list when we met with him and some of the others at the A&D offices during last year's event.  He didn't say no, so I'm hoping that one day, it will actually make it to HHN.  It does give me hope because all of the A&D guys are such true horror fans, and age isn't a factor - so mix it up and bring on the Tall Man!

It's a series that was made well before my time, and I actually only watched the first one last year. Now watched 2-4 as well, with 5 on my 'to watch' list.

I think it holds up really well, alongside your F13th, Nightmare and Halloween movies. I would argue that anyone who loves those classics of horror should really check out this overlooked series. I think after Hellraiser this would be my dream house that hasn't been done yet.

• Like 1

Id love a Puppet Master maze! (hince my profile picture) Lot's of amazing scenes they could replicate, and hopefully some Animatronic work? Im just not so sure the rights are quite out there.

To see the increased support and love for HHN just warms my heart. I think the event is only going to get bigger and better. Every year they always have these compeling ideas to bring our favorite films to life. The amount of fan service that goes into the event is definitely increasing slowly but surely.

My main concern is, what's next? You have 10 houses and a pretty kicking stage show! More houses? Another show? IOA?

Some of these suggestions may seem pretty outlandish, but the more you think about it, are they really?

HHN is truely the Heart of the fall season for most of everyone on this forum and I love to see everyone in one place talking about it. I am extremely lucky to have found this forum because back 3 years ago I found myself talking Horror Nights all the time and people would look and be like "Your aware it's March right?" And after that I just thought I was crazy and it was just something I could not let go off. Eventually, I found the forum and it was reassuring that I wasn't that crazy after all xD. I think as long as HHN has a growing fanbase and party obsessed teens they will continue to make a great time for all of us. What I am trying to say is I truely appreciate the Forum.

That's enough sappy shit, lets get back to the blood, gutz, and mayhem!

So I came across a quite intresting video of someone having a VERY illegal Unmasking the Horror tour at

Howl-O-Scream. Take a look, it's a great video.  

Edited by krazyhorrorkid
Mistype
  • Love 1

On 2/26/2019 at 6:15 AM, dirvam444 said:

Thank you!  I hated Happy Death Day 2U.  Granted, I walked out 45 mins in because I couldn't take it anymore.  I get that Universal has a deal but hopefully it is a street.  That could satisfy the selfie people and I could just avoid that zone then.  :)

Be honest - you woke up this morning back in your theater seat, didn't you?  ;)

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Id love a Puppet Master maze! (hince my profile picture) Lot's of amazing scenes they could replicate, and hopefully some Animatronic work? Im just not so sure the rights are quite out there.

To see the increased support and love for HHN just warms my heart. I think the event is only going to get bigger and better. Every year they always have these compeling ideas to bring our favorite films to life. The amount of fan service that goes into the event is definitely increasing slowly but surely.

My main concern is, what's next? You have 10 houses and a pretty kicking stage show! More houses? Another show? IOA?

Some of these suggestions may seem pretty outlandish, but the more you think about it, are they really?

HHN is truely the Heart of the fall season for most of everyone on this forum and I love to see everyone in one place talking about it. I am extremely lucky to have found this forum because back 3 years ago I found myself talking Horror Nights all the time and people would look and be like "Your aware it's March right?" And after that I just thought I was crazy and it was just something I could not let go off. Eventually, I found the forum and it was reassuring that I wasn't that crazy after all xD. I think as long as HHN has a growing fanbase and party obsessed teens they will continue to make a great time for all of us. What I am trying to say is I truely appreciate the Forum.

I felt the same way when I found this forum years ago.  Welcome to the madness!  Also, HHN fans are way more diverse than just "party obsessed teens".  Me and my group are all a bunch of middle-aged women who can't get enough of this.  I hope we get an announcement soon -it would be a nice treat while most of us deal with all this crappy winter weather.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/26/2019 at 9:15 AM, dirvam444 said:

Thank you!  I hated Happy Death Day 2U.  Granted, I walked out 45 mins in because I couldn't take it anymore.  I get that Universal has a deal but hopefully it is a street.  That could satisfy the selfie people and I could just avoid that zone then.  :)

A street? ....I really have no idea how on Earth that would work....

I just wondered if we are going to get on knott's level with stunts/ or rigged actors? 
 I understand that the stunt scareactors work off 30 min on/ off set instead of 45.   I think if they want to show off more higher production values we could get more than two houses a year to do this. 
 Give me a stunt scare in a parade blding?  

1 hour ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

any ROF info released yet???

nope but a new Harry Potter Light Show was revealed lol, understandable after Disney has been talked about with the new Star Wars Galaxy Edge experience, Universal trying to compete the Harry Potter property.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

Just now, HorrorUnearthed said:

For which? lol, HP or HHN?

Not a Potter fan over here... sorry to all the true fans! I just never got into it. I like to go into Potterland during HHN and make GoT and LotRs jokes. Gets the natives all riled up LOL

Fun one is to go into the shop where they sell the wands and ask if they have Gandolfs staff. My wife gets so pissed.... haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Not a Potter fan over here... sorry to all the true fans! I just never got into it. I like to go into Potterland during HHN and make GoT and LotRs jokes. Gets the natives all riled up LOL

Fun one is to go into the shop where they sell the wands and ask if they have Gandolfs staff. My wife gets so pissed.... haha

I love the series but not a diehard fan like most people are of it, so when the news broke, I think it's pretty cool idea for it especially for the castle but I'm just foward to the HHN updates right now like tickets so I can have my stuff planned out soon you know. So I grab my FFP and be ready before the event begins, but nonetheless, I could see why Universal brought out the news now since Disney is doing their best to make their Star Wars land spread all over the media right now lol.

15 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I just wondered if we are going to get on knott's level with stunts/ or rigged actors? 
 I understand that the stunt scareactors work off 30 min on/ off set instead of 45.   I think if they want to show off more higher production values we could get more than two houses a year to do this. 
 Give me a stunt scare in a parade blding?  

Knotts/HHN veteran here for way too many years.  Not sure what Knotts stunts have done that HHN Orlando has not done.  HHN Hollywood has done bupkis. IMHO, HHN Orlando has done quite a bit more.  Would really like to see more bungee out of Orlando, though...  And illusions.  Knotts has incorporated stage illusion (and even close up magic!) into their houses quite well.  Perhaps you are referring to sliders.  My feeling is streets of HHN are just too packed for safe sliding, plus all the rain.  I envision a slider ending about 30 feet farther than he planned, with a bunch of customer bowling pins downed along the way.

17 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

So I recently just found out I will be in the Disney college program and living in Orlando this fall!!! I'm wondering what tickets would be my best deal if I plan on going multiple nights throughout the season? 

First, very cool!  Consider making a topic in the appropriate section and blog your experience.

Are you asking about tickets for Disney or Universal?  What months?  I imagine being able to get a Florida resident discount would be the best, but don't know what that requires.  Others are better equipped to provide ideas than me.

3 minutes ago, zombieman said:

First, very cool!  Consider making a topic in the appropriate section and blog your experience.

Are you asking about tickets for Disney or Universal?  What months?  I imagine being able to get a Florida resident discount would be the best, but don't know what that requires.  Others are better equipped to provide ideas than me.

• Like 1

After watching Halloween III again, it does make me wonder, hearing how Tommy Lee Wallace has said in interviews "If the movie was called Season Of The Witch instead of Halloween III, the movie would have been given a different reception." I think the movie would work very well as a house even with some original stuff added to make it a bit better than the film. I mean the film has a cult following and if Universal would bring it, it'd be better to bill the house as Season Of The Witch than just having it being Halloween III Season Of The Witch, you know but that's just what I think, what do you guys think? Would it work as a house under Season Of The Witch or had it stood it's test of time in ever being made into a house?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, zombieman said:

Knotts/HHN veteran here for way too many years.  Not sure what Knotts stunts have done that HHN Orlando has not done.  HHN Hollywood has done bupkis. IMHO, HHN Orlando has done quite a bit more.  Would really like to see more bungee out of Orlando, though...  And illusions.  Knotts has incorporated stage illusion (and even close up magic!) into their houses quite well.  Perhaps you are referring to sliders.  My feeling is streets of HHN are just too packed for safe sliding, plus all the rain.  I envision a slider ending about 30 feet farther than he planned, with a bunch of customer bowling pins downed along the way.

I just want more Bungee scares that is more interaction with guest.. I.e Knott's like. 
 Orlando Focuses more on stilts than Bungees, which is cool.  For the reason, you can work 45 mins on stilts and bungees are 30 mins, need more active actors for Bungees. 
 Once, when I was scaring in the face off scarezone, I accident misstepped during  raining night and did a slide move on my knee thankfully no injuries but it was different and got some great scares. 
 I was Red Beard Butler.. Next to scarecrows and Pirates. 
 I think a change of streets is needed, if we had sliders in new york it would work since new york is big enough.  But only have sliders the 1st 2 sets and then regular scare after that. 

6 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I just want more Bungee scares that is more interaction with guest.. I.e Knott's like. 
 Orlando Focuses more on stilts than Bungees, which is cool.  For the reason, you can work 45 mins on stilts and bungees are 30 mins, need more active actors for Bungees. 
 Once, when I was scaring in the face off scarezone, I accident misstepped during  raining night and did a slide move on my knee thankfully no injuries but it was different and got some great scares. 
 I was Red Beard Butler.. Next to scarecrows and Pirates. 
 I think a change of streets is needed, if we had sliders in new york it would work since new york is big enough.  But only have sliders the 1st 2 sets and then regular scare after that. 

Sliders scare the shit out of me.  it's one of the reasons we include Howl O Scream in our travel each season (plus, it's a fun change of pace).  HOS is also very good about including bungees in their houses AND in the street (which scares the shit out of me every single time).  I'd love to see more bungees at HHN.  I just don't know if they could pull off sliders.. it really is too damn crowded.  Although, you could be right - in NY, they could pull it off - especially if sliders were active maybe up the "side "streets" like the one next to Finnegan's, or if they clustered near Louie's pizza

10 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

After watching Halloween III again, it does make me wonder, hearing how Tommy Lee Wallace has said in interviews "If the movie was called Season Of The Witch instead of Halloween III, the movie would have been given a different reception." I think the movie would work very well as a house even with some original stuff added to make it a bit better than the film. I mean the film has a cult following and if Universal would bring it, it'd be better to bill the house as Season Of The Witch than just having it being Halloween III Season Of The Witch, you know but that's just what I think, what do you guys think? Would it work as a house under Season Of The Witch or had it stood it's test of time in ever being made into a house?

I know Aiello would like to do it as a house, and there's a strong fanbase that would love to see it. It's hard to use it in marketing at the event though, just because the lack of Meyers.

There does seem to be a good bit of merchandising coming out this year though. Particularly, a 3-pack of action figures by NECA

12 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I know Aiello would like to do it as a house, and there's a strong fanbase that would love to see it. It's hard to use it in marketing at the event though, just because the lack of Meyers.

There does seem to be a good bit of merchandising coming out this year though. Particularly, a 3-pack of action figures by NECA

Yeah, I mean Trick Or Treat Studios is also reselling the masks little by little as way as selling the Silver Shamrock sign, I mean the house would look awesome, entering the house and already in the middle of the action, we're in the beginning scene and we hear the intense part of the beginning opening track, hearing voiceovers of Tom Atkins and stuff, I could see it doing really well with it, I'd love to see the factory scene being replicated and seeing Cochran and the Stonehenge set, the tvs playing the commercial over and over again and the famous "STOP IT!" with the scareactor jumping at us before we leave the house.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I love H3.... I will always fight for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it is up there with The Fog and Prince Of Darkness and In The Mouth Of Madness I mean seeing the three of these of movies as a house would be epic as hell because they have so much potential and stuff that Universal can play around with, most notably The Fog since they have done The Forsaken and they did the Dead Man's Wharf scarezone so they have the tools there to use to make the house, I'm just hoping that they are just trying to find the timing to execute the house which I would fully understand.