Halloween Horror Nights 28 Discussion

Mark M.

11 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

you know the only reason we got poltergeist this year is because they mention it in stranger things. 
  I think if they do stranger things again next year; we will get another myers house because someone dress up like myers in the show.

I think the only thing that is worth snackin on is the frozen drink. It doesn't fill you up, but it sure taste great.

Since Legacy said they had It back in December, Poltergeist miiiiiight've been It's replacement?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

20 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Dear god... can it please be acceptable to snatch a vape out of a persons hands and smash it against their face? PLEASE? When did it become ok to smoke (whatever) out everyone around you?

YES!! Sitting in finnegans now and was JUST saying this!! just got through a line with sour apple being spewed my way the whole time shit made me genuinely nauseous!

14 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

you know the only reason we got poltergeist this year is because they mention it in stranger things. 
  I think if they do stranger things again next year; we will get another myers house because someone dress up like myers in the show.

By that logic I demand a ghostbusters comedy house next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

By that logic I demand a ghostbusters comedy house next year.

I think it's possibly.  Reboot of legendary truth? 

11 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Since Legacy said they had It back in December, Poltergeist miiiiiight've been It's replacement?

That's a hard shift between movies. .. WB took back It, but thankfully let us do the contract of Trick R treat, Please let it be known it Legendary / WB release. 
 With all this tech. How come we don't have live action lazer tag or something cooler than the world of color skull color changer? 

Friends! Ive gone to HHN for 10 years now but coming from out of state I can only afford to go one night a year (I'm going this saturday). Imagine how nerve wracking it is to only be able to go one night (its scarier than HHN)  I always need to be as prepared as possible. If ya'll could help me out with these questions I will send you a large virtual hug:

Can anyone link me to a map for this year so I can plan my attack?!

what order do you suggest I do houses this year?

what houses do they open first for stay and scream. 

what are the wait times like (is there a house with the longer waits)

and most importantly do all the soundstage houses do that thing where they let you out super far away from the entrance? I hear it's bad this year!!!

Edited by Itsjosie

15 hours ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

YES!! Sitting in finnegans now and was JUST saying this!! just got through a line with sour apple being spewed my way the whole time shit made me genuinely nauseous!

Apparently, people think that because it does not smell like cig smoke that it is ok to just use them anywhere.  This is not limited to HHN either.  It seems to be in all walks of life.  I don't get it either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itsjosie said:

Friends! Ive gone to HHN for 10 years now but coming from out of state I can only afford to go one night a year (I'm going this saturday). Imagine how nerve wracking it is to only be able to go one night (its scarier than HHN)  I always need to be as prepared as possible. If ya'll could help me out with these questions I will send you a large virtual hug:

Can anyone link me to a map for this year so I can plan my attack?!

what order do you suggest I do houses this year?

what houses do they open first for stay and scream. 

what are the wait times like (is there a house with the longer waits)

and most importantly do all the soundstage houses do that thing where they let you out super far away from the entrance? I hear it's bad this year!!!

There is a map on the official HHN website. As far as what houses to do first I say start at the back of the park, so at Blumhouse, and don’t follow the crowed in the park. I haven’t done S&S so I don’t have any info. on that. Wait times depeands on what night you go. Since you are going Saturday I would assume the wait times will be long since the weekends are usally the most busy nights. StrTh will have the longest wait time. Soundstages do let out far but if planned right shouldn’t be a problem. 

2 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

Apparently, people think that because it does not smell like cig smoke that it is ok to just use them anywhere.  This is not limited to HHN either.  It seems to be in all walks of life.  I don't get it either.

Yeah it’s everywhere. Nothing looks douchier than vaping. 

BUT...

Some really good houses this year! Only did one last night that I won’t bother with the next 3 nights. You can probably guess.  There has also been a couple that I thought we’re probably not gonna be that great that turned out to be really really good !!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Yeah it’s everywhere. Nothing looks douchier than vaping. 

BUT...

Some really good houses this year! Only did one last night that I won’t bother with the next 3 nights. You can probably guess.  There has also been a couple that I thought we’re probably not gonna be that great that turned out to be really really good !!

Stranger Things? Blumhouse?

2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I'm guessing the one you're not bothering with is the same here blumhouse by any chance lol knocked it out last night to be done with it, wasn't expecting much out of it and yea it was definitely a one and done house this year!

Survey says.....

Blumhouse! Just my opinion but HDD doesn’t translate well into a house and Purge is just lame as f*ck. Did it last night and I’m done. 

Now my FF cup say it expires in 3 hours. Any idea what the deal is with this? I’ve asked a couple employees and got a couple different answers. 

• Like 2

Quick PSA before I get some sleep, for anyone who hasn't gone there yet, or who hasn't experienced it yet PLEASE be careful in chuckies scarezone by the barrel of monkeys with your electronics!! They shoot water at people and it's not a spray it's fire hose stream!  we got SOAKED, enough we had to go to the bathroom for paper towels to dry off, luckily all of our stuff survived just fine but that's because I keep my phone on the opposite side I got hit on.  Also if my park ticket hadn't been in a lanyard it would have been wrecked! I'm all for pranks and a lil spray effect but the amount is a lil much please BE CAREFUL!

EDIT

i know this may be specific to the zone but I know some of you have mentioned you don't read the threads to specific houses and zones before you get to se them due to spoilers so I'm putting this here hoping anyone will be warned just in case (it really is THAT much!)

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3

Having a hard time waiting for my HHN vacation at the end of October with all these amazing reviews. What also is great is that the best to worst lists are all over the place with the exception of Blumhouse and Dead Exposure usually ending at the bottom, the variety of the lists I think shows how successful the lineup is this year and the only thing to make variances is just personal tastes and just luck of scare timing. So sounds like one of the best yet and can't wait to see myself! Only worrysome thing is the complaints about crowds being worse than usual but I am sure it isn't anything that I can't handle especially with Express, even if Express lines are running a bit longer right now it should still work out. But hope the Express lines do get under 30 mins.

23 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Having a hard time waiting for my HHN vacation at the end of October with all these amazing reviews. What also is great is that the best to worst lists are all over the place with the exception of Blumhouse and Dead Exposure usually ending at the bottom, the variety of the lists I think shows how successful the lineup is this year and the only thing to make variances is just personal tastes and just luck of scare timing. So sounds like one of the best yet and can't wait to see myself! Only worrysome thing is the complaints about crowds being worse than usual but I am sure it isn't anything that I can't handle especially with Express, even if Express lines are running a bit longer right now it should still work out. But hope the Express lines do get under 30 mins.

If you time everything right and work the crowd you will be fine I got every house and did some twice with no express opening weekend.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 10:55 PM, PeoriaBJJ said:

Now my FF cup say it expires in 3 hours. Any idea what the deal is with this? I’ve asked a couple employees and got a couple different answers. 

There are two different cups. I asked guest services before making the purchase. The one with Killer Klowns is $16 and costs $8 to reactivate every night. The one with the pumpkin is $30 and is good for the entire event. They also do a switch at 6:30, so if you got your cup prior to park opening they probably sold you the Killer Klowns.

8 hours ago, hhnholdem said:

There are two different cups. I asked guest services before making the purchase. The one with Killer Klowns is $16 and costs $8 to reactivate every night. The one with the pumpkin is $30 and is good for the entire event. They also do a switch at 6:30, so if you got your cup prior to park opening they probably sold you the Killer Klowns.

Yup. I didn’t know about the other one. I got the Klown one. Thing is it worked for 2 days after I bought it. Whatever. 

So i so I just got home. Did 4 nights in a row. We had a blast! Great houses and fun scare zones! Very happy overall without the event this year! I’ll post an ‘official ‘ review in a few days!

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic