HHN XX Website Updates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I see on the Website, this is nothing more than the update where we got the drawers again last year. They have not updated the main page where you choose Hollywood or Orlando. Just a teaser, other than the Lantern, Lighting our way into the future.

From what I see on the Website, this is nothing more than the update where we got the drawers again last year. They have not updated the main page where you choose Hollywood or Orlando. Just a teaser, other than the Lantern, Lighting our way into the future.

Thank you, that is exactly what I have been trying to tell everybody. I suppose you have proven yet again that the direct approach works best.

Yes Dr. Jimmy the Direct approach. Every year people see things on the website, that really are not there. And this site is nothing more that one step from the placeholder that was put up a while back. The site does tell us that it is going to transform, HELLO PEOPLE, this is not the site it will become, just a stroll thru HHN History.

And NO TEH LANTERN IZ NOT THE ICON

Yes Dr. Jimmy the Direct approach. Every year people see things on the website, that really are not there. And this site is nothing more that one step from the placeholder that was put up a while back. The site does tell us that it is going to transform, HELLO PEOPLE, this is not the site it will become, just a stroll thru HHN History.

Bryan, I think you and Jimmy are the only people with common sense

It's funny every year people see things in the teaser.. never is anything...

BUT the Lantern does form two "X"s in the grating (XX=20)... so I guess this time there is SOMETHING... :)

I don't think the lantern is without significance though. Just like BM's mirror, Jack's road map, or the outside of the theater... it is significant to the year. Aside from a few, I don't really see the wild speculations (yet).

Edited by JWFearman

Agreed, i feel like this site is just a new version of the drawers, since it is a 20th year legacy type thing maybe they firgured they could amp up the tribute site, since its a big year, kind of like a present to the legacy of HHN, sorry for the redundancy i just want to make it clear, since peole arent able to take hints haha

Edited by gatoralex

Apparently behind the screams has updated according to Nicks device: http://horrornights.be/updatecheck.php

But I do not see the update on the site?

Perhaps I need to clear my cache.

EDIT - No, there is still the "Coming Soon", how strange. What could cause this discrepancy? The file size has increased without any visible change?

Perhaps this means they have uploaded new information that we cannot see yet, but will very shortly? Are there any tech guys here who can explain this to me?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Apparently behind the screams has updated according to Nicks device: http://horrornights.be/updatecheck.php

But I do not see the update on the site?

Perhaps I need to clear my cache.

No the file size did change.. it went up slightly...so that means I have to check why the size went up when I go home (I have the other file already) :)

it's really tiny so it is probably nothing

Edited by JWFearman

I am not the type of guy who looks for clue's in everything, I leave that up to everyone else but I really like the videos on the updated page. It just reminds me of some great times and lets me see some of the years I missed. I do find it odd though that Bloody Mary is barely mentioned. Maybe the copyright stuff was true.

As times progresses I think the light in the lantern will gradually get brighter and we shall see what lurks in the darkness.

Are there any tech guys here who can explain this to me?

If they were to update an html page without first uploading the swf that is to be embedded in the page, only fractions of the final swf file would appear until the upload of the swf is complete. Btw, .swf is the file extension for a flash file. Swfs usually tend to be small in file size, often calling other elements from the server that aren't actually present in the swf itself. So it would be smart on their part to upload any images or text or other data that the swf will call before they update the swf or html files themselves. I hope I made sense. If someone needs a better explanation, I would be glad to break it down some more.

Perhaps this means they have uploaded new information that we cannot see yet, but will very shortly? Are there any tech guys here who can explain this to me?

The only change was the addition of two lines of code in the tracking data portion of the .swf. No secret information or anything for a future update, just two lines that appear to have been omitted from the source originally.

s.prop8 = "Parks/Resorts";

s.prop9 = "Universal Orlando";

The update checker is 'dumb' in the sense that all it's doing is checking the existing .swf's file size on the server versus its last known file size, so any change whatsoever will set it off. I'll modify my code to ignore any changes within a 5kb window to prevent this kind of thing form happening in the future. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by NickC

I just went on the site, they updated it with more info on HHNXX and changed the look!! :)

I know you mean well, but if you had bothered to look at any previous posts in this thread you would have seen that we've been talking about this since Thursday.

I don't mean to chide, but please read at least enough of the preceding posts to know what's going on before you post. Otherwise you may risk making yourself look rather silly.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy