Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

20 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

we have both in Hollywood... sooo

my condolences... 

let me ask you this.... Ive been wanting to go to Hollywood and do touristy stuff. One thing being a tour of the studios. If I went during HHN would I be disappointed in Hollywoods event compared to all these years in Orlando?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, obscura said:

Too much to read through.. anyone able to provide a TLDR on the rumoured houses?

They're doing a house based on each season of the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead and I think The First Purge?

If that is wrong: Trick r Treat, Stranger Things, Blumhouse Vol. 2, Halloween 4, Poltergeist, Slaughter Sinema, Dead Exposure: patient Zero, Oz-related thing, Carnival Graveyard, and a very naughty Meteor.

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

They're doing a house based on each season of the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead and I think The First Purge?

If that is wrong: Trick r Treat, Stranger Things, Blumhouse Vol. 2, Halloween 4, Poltergeist, Slaughter Sinema, Dead Exposure: patient Zero, Oz-related thing, Carnival Graveyard, and a very naughty Meteor.

Quite disappointed in the lack of a Talking Dead house!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Halloween 4? What in any way makes this 4? 2nd film in this timeline... 3 reboot... 3rd house at HHN...

Also so I don’t get the hate for purge, it’s a creative IP that comes with numerous great scenes and costumes for the event to use, and the purge is a good excuse to have bad things happen. While I do think we should keep getting it every 3 years or so instead of back to back for years like Hollywood. There are moments in every new purge film and soon tv series, that I think makes good material for horror nights. If HHN needs ips, let it be one thats R rated and violent, and gives creative lots of freedom and cool costumes.

13 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

let me ask you this.... Ive been wanting to go to Hollywood and do touristy stuff. One thing being a tour of the studios. If I went during HHN would I be disappointed in Hollywoods event compared to all these years in Orlando?

My first 9 years were Orlando, while last year was a disappointment in quality... my first 3 years attending Hollywood have been much more enjoyable due to the scare-factor. 2016 was just nearly perfect regardles. But as I told my friend who went to Hollywood for the first time last year after being an Orlando attendee since 2009, i told her she was NOT allowed to say sh*t about our event because of her failure to attend in 2016. haha

12 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

They're doing a house based on each season of the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead

How about no? Like seriously, where in the hell? We've had a permanent Walking Dead attraction in the park since July 4th, 2016. It has been included in the maze (house) line-up ever since.

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Also so I don’t get the hate for purge, it’s a creative IP that comes with numerous great scenes and costumes for the event to use

The hate is for having it 6 years in a row. Its not that creative of an IP when it literally offers up nothing "new" after 2 perfect years. The scenes/costumes are actually limited (hence why Hollywood actually had to create NEW Purge costumes/characters). Unfortunately, the new movie was garbage. And the fact that it is going to be a maze based on the new film is just terrible. As someone who has enjoyed The Purge at Hollywood (outside of the Terror Tram in 2015), my expectations are beyond low for this.

• Like 1

I stand by what I wrote. Not the joke part. And for Blumhouse, expect to have a Happy Day playing a board game but after losing your social media pals. 

And Halloween 4 is Halloween 4 because it's Halloween 4? 

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Halloween 4? What in any way makes this 4? 2nd film in this timeline... 3 reboot... 3rd house at HHN...

No...like...Halloween 4...not that one.

7 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

How about no? Like seriously, where in the hell? We've had a permanent Walking Dead attraction in the park since July 4th, 2016. It has been included in the maze (house) line-up ever since.

There’s always gonna be that one Walking Dead hater that ruins it for everyone. :angry:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

my condolences... 

2016 was an amazing event and wish I spent more time in Hollywood to experience it. 2017 was so bad I didn't even attend a night I already purchased a ticket and Front of the line pass for. 2016 gives me hope it can be better, 2017 makes me cautious....like I can't even book anything for LA/HHNHW because I need to hear reviews first and can't even chance it. So it is hard to say, like I said I have to wait to see if I can even try HHNHW again but if it is as good as 2016 it is worth it but if it is 2017 quality don't even bother. But with The First Purge announcement it doesn't inspire much confidence in me to go for it this year.

Or go ahead and book something but just go to Knott's Scary Farm as that is a consistent great event and if reviews for HHNHW are positive then go there but if not then just go to Knott's Scary, it is cool and just different than HHN it felt very fresh to me the first time I went in 2016.

Edited by Rikku
Added Knott's comment
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

I stand by what I wrote. Not the joke part.

Except you wrote nothing factual

5 hours ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

There’s always gonna be that one Walking Dead hater that ruins it for everyone. :angry:

No, Orlando ruined it for everyone when they made TWD sh*t all over 2013's event by vomiting it all over the park. Hollywood made it worse by replacing a GOOD walk-through 3-level attraction with a underwhelming generic 1 level walk-through attraction. Orlando is all talk when they don't have to see an IP year round, but you'd all change your tune if TWD was permanently in the park.

1 hour ago, WESKER69 said:

Except you wrote nothing factual

So, and I'm copy and pasting from my own post here:

"Trick r Treat, Stranger Things, Blumhouse Vol. 2, Halloween 4, Poltergeist, Slaughter Sinema, Dead Exposure: patient Zero, Oz-related thing, Carnival Graveyard, and a very naughty Meteor"

None of that is factual, huh? I get that maybe you don't get jokes, but please read the entire post before the criticism? 

If you still think I'm wrong... I can not help you, Sir. 

Edit- is this just confusion? Did you maybe think I was posting about Hollywood somehow? 

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

So here's a thought.

We're supposedly getting a Wizard of OZ based house. The last time we had OZ at the event was Path of the Wicked in 2008 when The Wicked Witch of the West had done away with Dorothy and seized control of the merry old land of OZ for herself. Is it just a coincidence that we're supposed to have OZ returning to the event again exactly 10 years later? What if we're returning to OZ 10 years after when the scarezone took place and seeing what's happened to it's inhabitants since we last saw them.

Just saying...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

So here's a thought.

We're supposedly getting a Wizard of OZ based house. The last time we had OZ at the event was Path of the Wicked in 2008 when The Wicked Witch of the West had done away with Dorothy and seized control of the merry old land of OZ for herself. Is it just a coincidence that we're supposed to have OZ returning to the event again exactly 10 years later? What if we're returning to OZ 10 years after when the scarezone took place and seeing what's happened to it's inhabitants since we last saw them.

Just saying...

Eh, I think that would be kind of pointless. JMO

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

You might find it pointless, but that type of storytelling is old-skool A&D when it comes to HHN. If you're going to revisit a SZ or House & reverse it, it makes sense to tie into what came before it in some way. Look at Saws N Steam, a successful scarezone and then expanded upon via a house the following year. Body Collectors first found within Gorewood Forest's Cemetery Mines of Terra Cruentus, only to be the ones behind London's most famous legendary slashers (jack the ripper, sweeney todd, etc), and then PsychoScarepy..

Speaking of PsychoScareapy, look how that evolved, including tying into the icons (jack in 2006, Mary Agana & Storyteller's cameo, even Lady Luck's backstory), then crashing into a neighborhood during the holidays & being on the loose during the Halloween festival..

Its all about world building. While HHN hasn't exactly been very pro-storytelling for the past few years due to Marketing's control issues, sometimes that creativeness of the old days sneaks its way into the event in the smallest of ways. If it were up to A&D (more so old vs current), every event year would somehow be part of something bigger. That way when they hit the right milestone year, they can revisit certain things without feeling forced/lazy.

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

So here's a thought.

Just saying...

This year is a new spell...

#BreaktheRainbow

• Like 4

On 7/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, PeoriaBJJ said:

my condolences... 

I was a scareactor there for two years and it was embarrassing attending that event after growing up with the Orlando version. It was better from the scare factor, but the A&D is lacking because they just don't have the space. I didn't attend 2016, but I heard it was awesome. Other than that, I'd say you go to Knott's or the haunt that's at the action sports complex in Bellflower..that thing was AWESOME!

On 7/13/2018 at 3:37 PM, obscura said:

Quite disappointed in the lack of a Talking Dead house!

You'd have to sign a waiver

22 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Also so I don’t get the hate for purge, it’s a creative IP that comes with numerous great scenes and costumes for the event to use, and the purge is a good excuse to have bad things happen. While I do think we should keep getting it every 3 years or so instead of back to back for years like Hollywood. There are moments in every new purge film and soon tv series, that I think makes good material for horror nights. If HHN needs ips, let it be one thats R rated and violent, and gives creative lots of freedom and cool costumes.

Halloween 3 and 4. Because 80's and consecutive numbers. And because we lose IP's.

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

So here's a thought.

Just saying...

Ah! Did you you see my post about the similarities that run rampant in this event, compared to 2008? There are more than 6 houses/scarezones that are either a sequel or have scenes related in some way to the year of reflections of fear.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

No, Orlando ruined it for everyone when they made TWD sh*t all over 2013's event by vomiting it all over the park. Hollywood made it worse by replacing a GOOD walk-through 3-level attraction with a underwhelming generic 1 level walk-through attraction. Orlando is all talk when they don't have to see an IP year round, but you'd all change your tune if TWD was permanently in the park.

I was...ah...nevermind.

12 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Halloween 3 and 4. Because 80's and consecutive numbers. And because we lose IP's.

So it was initially planned? What caused it to fall through?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

So it was initially planned? What caused it to fall through?

Halloween 2018 was on the docket, but a long time ago. That's when I had the indication that any part of the franchise was not coming at all, but alas...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Halloween 2018 was on the docket, but a long time ago. That's when I had the indication that any part of the franchise was not coming at all, but alas...

Man, it's amazing how many IPs fell through this year. Thankfully it was before the design phase was completed. ;)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1