Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

7 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

What were the original plans?

Fear was not a hokey icon and instead it was Cindy(icon) who was sacrificed to make the roots of horror come alive with past icons and those that almost were, having their own individual houses(Caretaker, Usher, Jack, Eddie, Storyteller, etc.). There were supposed to be roots coming up from the ground, projected all over the buildings. I heard Terra Queen and others may have been involved instead of IP houses, but that veers from the plan I heard directly from the horses mouth.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Legacy said:

In regards to future icons, there looking at using one for 30. 

Jack. They're interested in using Jack.

Gee... god forbid they do something that was already set in motion 13 years ago... and wow, original. Love Jack, but yea.. he already had his anniversary year to reign.

3 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

It'd be nice if they can resurrect their original plans for XX and do it the way they'd intended.

How about no?... HHN 30... 15 years after 2005, HHN 15... they already have the backstory set up. They should honor the "Season of the Queen". It'd be cool to rework the return of Terra Cruentus to be within the Studios this time around. Unfortunately, the people behind those great years like 2005 (and 2008) have been pushed aside by Aiello. You need TJ, Rick, David, & Ray back in order to get a good themed event year. And marketing to back off (which after the past 3 years, we might see that control shift)

12 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I heard Terra Queen and others may have been involved instead of IP houses, but that veers from the plan I heard directly from the horses mouth.

They did want to have the Terra Queen present for 2010, and the main actress who portrayed her & made the role iconic was all for it. However, she learned that they had destroyed all the prosthetics for the costume. They didn't want to have to redo it all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Legacy said:

Return of the season!

From what I can recall Jack has been the idea for 30 since 25/26 probably prior.

As much as I'd love to see the queen and eelmouth return unfortunately like others have said "heard it from the horses mouth".

Maybe the queen will return and kill off Jack on 10/31/2020!

In a nutshell, someone in Management doesn't think icons are necessary at all. The general sense from Marketing is that Jack is the only icon worth a damn.

Maybe there will be a Terra Cruentes house, but I'd be flabbergasted if there's more than that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legacy said:

In a nutshell, someone in Management doesn't think icons are necessary at all. The general sense from Marketing is that Jack is the only icon worth a damn.

Maybe there will be a Terra Cruentes house, but I'd be flabbergasted if there's more than that.

Considering Body Collectors was the only thing that was ever seen again from Terra Cruentas (no I'm not counting The Skoolhouse as being a sequel to The Skool), that wouldn't be surprising. Let's be honest, very few people actually seem to remember any actual houses aside from BC, and even then, it seems what was featured in Hallow'd Past and Recollections was much closer to Collections of the Past than the original (granted, CotP was the only house I experienced). Put it this way, every non-BC house at 15 seems to have as much of a "legacy" (pun kind of intended) as Interstellar Terror did compared to ST3, BC2 and DE at 18.

And honestly, I'd almost rather there be no icon than Jack at this point. People might be pissed at me for saying that, but I just feel he and Chance have ran their courses.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Considering Body Collectors was the only thing that was ever seen again from Terra Cruentas (no I'm not counting The Skoolhouse as being a sequel to The Skool), that wouldn't be surprising. Let's be honest, very few people actually seem to remember any actual houses aside from BC

Technically... BC/Skoolhouse was part of Bloody Mary's "mirror realm", so in a way it was still sort of connected to 2005's event.. I'm sure there is/was more connections than that on some level. There is a lot of intertwining backstories that connect everything here/there..

The only reason people remember Body Collectors is due to its ties to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which HHN Hollywood had a maze for back in 2000).. The house was great, but its tv show monster counterparts is what makes it popular. Demon Cantina (aka- From Dusk Till Dawn: The Movie knock-off) was very popular due to its cast of scareactors. 

7 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Technically... BC/Skoolhouse was part of Bloody Mary's "mirror realm", so in a way it was still sort of connected to 2005's event.. I'm sure there is/was more connections than that on some level. There is a lot of intertwining backstories that connect everything here/there..

The only reason people remember Body Collectors is due to its ties to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which HHN Hollywood had a maze for back in 2000).. The house was great, but its tv show monster counterparts is what makes it popular. Demon Cantina (aka- From Dusk Till Dawn: The Movie knock-off) was very popular due to its cast of scareactors. 

Yeah but aside from the IP itself at 24 DC has never returned.

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Yeah but aside from the IP itself at 24 DC has never returned.

but that's just it... it doesn't need to return multiple times for it to have importance or a legacy. None of it does. If something returns, it needs to serve a purpose for revisiting it. Otherwise it'd just be lazy when the event is known for having "new" houses/sz every year. Besides, in regards to the Terra Queen, it wouldn't make sense to bring back anything from that year until HHN 30 (with the exception of a few things IF they fit the backstory & aren't just being used due to being popular at some point).

This event used to be known for building stories with their events and sometimes just with specific houses (or scarezones)... They didn't always have to be elaborate or excessively deep either.

I found this funny connection between the last instance of the Carey Drive-In and the new one. Check out 6:06 to see a familiar code-name. The other board seemed to hate this post, so feel free to pile on and tell me there is ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION and that I am a BAD DOG. A very bad dog. Lack of announcements really makes people punchy, huh? :)

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

I found this funny connection between the last instance of the Carey Drive-In and the new one. Check out 6:06 to see a familiar code-name. The other board seemed to hate this post, so feel free to pile on and tell me there is ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION and that I am a BAD DOG. A very bad dog. Lack of announcements really makes people punchy, huh? :)

If anything, I think that it’s possible that the codename was a reference to the zone.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 10:32 AM, Legacy said:

Easy... All the zones have been announced, they've announced the "theme" for this year (the past), and none of the houses are tagged as "icon" houses. There's no second show to feature an icon, and I've been TOLD by numerous sources there's no icon.

I hear ya @Legacy!! The earlier post was just more out of frustration....your furthering story line and hinting at things, but yet where is it getting us.

I know money talks,  but with the value original content brought esp. in 25 and 27...can't help but think what going back to the "roots" for a former/dashed/ or new icon could do.

Jack is the mainstay i get that, I hope more come with him like the last time!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 3:28 AM, WESKER69 said:

The house was great, but its tv show monster counterparts is what makes it popular.

God, it hurts me to see how wrong you and this wrong statement, that is completely wrong, really is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

You arent familiar with WESKER are you? LOL

Never heard of him. He wrong often?

I usually just lurk these days, but the whole "Body Collectors is only successful because of Buffy" comment literally made me choke on my own spit from laughing so hard, that I felt compelled to comment after I nearly died from laughing at how stupid of a comment that was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

God, it hurts me to see how wrong you and this wrong statement, that is completely wrong, really is.

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

the whole "Body Collectors is only successful because of Buffy" comment literally made me choke on my own spit from laughing so hard, that I felt compelled to comment after I nearly died from laughing at how stupid of a comment that was.

Actually its not wrong. The pre-Aiello A&D team were huge fans of the Buffy tv series and "The Gentlemen" have always been a fan favorite monster from the show. Unlike Hollywood which had an actual  Buffy/Angel house in 2000, "Body Collectors" was the closest we'd ever get to having a Buffy house in Orlando. Considering the episode "HUSH" aired during the show's 4th season in 2004, the house in question debuted the following year. So yes, it was capitalizing off the show

You remove The Gentlemen & their straight-jacket wearing henchmen, you're left with a forgettable generic gore-filled house. It is in fact those particular famous tv monsters that made the house have a fan base & the reason why they found a way to bring them back in their own house twice. And you don't believe me that they're copied from the show? In the 2008 scarezone (Streets of Blood), The Gentlemen found in there wore Heelys so they could glide as if they were floating above the ground like they did in the show.

• Like 1

I'm not arguing the fact that the character design is lifted from Buffy.

I'm arguing that they aren't popular BECAUSE of their connection to Buffy. I promise you 99% of people at HHN don't know they are originally from Buffy.

I loved BC before I ever knew of it's Hush basis. And if you ask any of my filthy casual friends who have never watched an episode of Buffy and only went to HHN 25, they'd still tell you that The Gentlemen were the best part of that year aside from Jack. (Though they will probably refer to them as the Bone Collectors.)

Edited by Sledge
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Sledge said:

I'm arguing that they aren't popular BECAUSE of their connection to Buffy. I promise you 99% of people at HHN fans don't know they are originally from Buffy.

(Though they will probably refer to them as the Bone Collectors.)

Actually, the popularity was directly due to Buffy... the episode aired in 2004 during the 4th season. Body Collectors debuted in 2005, so yea... they were directly capitalizing on the popularity of the show. Even the Scribes (Evil Queen's henchmen) from 2008's Scary Tales were basically the blind monks from "The First" (another big bad from Buffy). At the time, A&D had said that its very possibly we'd see other Buffy monsters appear at the event. Sadly that never happened.

Although one of the vampires in 2012 looked an awful lot like The Master from season 1 :rolleyes: 

On 7/9/2018 at 5:53 AM, TheRobcat said:

Robcat, you ARE a bad dog - but only because I rewatched that video and therefore had to spend two additional hours watching even more TimTracker videos.  Thanks for making me long for this year even more.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Actually, the popularity was directly due to Buffy... the episode aired in 2004 during the 4th season. Body Collectors debuted in 2005, so yea... 

Actually, Buffy's 7th and final season was in 2003. Buffy's 4th season, which included Hush, aired in 1999. Simpliest bit of research would have told you  this. So yea...Sledge was right.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Actually, the popularity was directly due to Buffy... the episode aired in 2004 during the 4th season. Body Collectors debuted in 2005, so yea... they were directly capitalizing on the popularity of the show. Even the Scribes (Evil Queen's henchmen) from 2008's Scary Tales were basically the blind monks from "The First" (another big bad from Buffy). At the time, A&D had said that its very possibly we'd see other Buffy monsters appear at the event. Sadly that never happened.

Although one of the vampires in 2012 looked an awful lot like The Master from season 1 :rolleyes: 

Even if your dates were right, correlation does not equal causality.

EDIT - By your logic, Winter's Night should have been popular because it had a Weeping Angel...

• Like 3