Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, faceleg said:

I'm glad I picked up the Arrow blu ray of Killer Klowns last time I was at Movie Trading Co. Now i just need to get the chucky movies

Keep an eye on Amazon for the 7-film collection. I was able to pick it up earlier this year for an amazing $22! Really nice collection in a cool-ass box.

• Like 2

I can't get over that Orlando has announced 4 houses, 5 scarezones, and 1 show, while Hollywood has announced 2 houses (not even exclusives) and a scarezone that isn't even on their website.

I think we know what happened to Orlando's dismal marketing group from last year - they got transferred to L.A.

As for the two new scarezones, it's a big fat meh for me.  I am, however, very happy that scarezones seem to be getting IP-heavier while houses are getting IP-slimmer. 

In fact, I am utterly stoked that Universal is giving their originals equal billing as their IP this year.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

I can't get over that Orlando has announced 4 houses, 5 scarezones, and 1 show, while Hollywood has announced 2 houses (not even exclusives) and a scarezone that isn't even on their website.

I think we know what happened to Orlando's dismal marketing group from last year - they got transferred to L.A.

Have y’all gotten a sweepstakes contest yet? #Soon :lol:

In all seriousness I suspect marketing was where the brunt of the budget cuts from the Xmas float replacements was felt last year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

Yeah seriously, the Hollywood spec thread is insanely barren but I don’t blame them, I blame the marketing.

On 6/18/2018 at 5:18 AM, Ringwraith said:

Just realised I never replied to this (how rude of me!). Not a fan of morrissey. He is a self righteous bigot who loves to think he is better than everyone else. Having said that how soon is now is a masterpiece. Fantastic song.

17 hours ago, zombieman said:

As for the two new scarezones, it's a big fat meh for me.  I am, however, very happy that scarezones seem to be getting IP-heavier while houses are getting IP-slimmer. 

In fact, I am utterly stoked that Universal is giving their originals equal billing as their IP this year.

I have a feeling that Hollywood got shook by WB event taking away ip from hhn. 

now, they are scrabbling to put non original  houses together.

34 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

HHN planning is far more advanced than a few months before an event of this magnitude.  Licensing matters and planning for houses is probably more underway for HHN29 than scrambling to put together HHN28 with less than 80 days until the event.  Exceptions happen, like if someone starts a frivolous lawsuit and screws up access to a property, but WB would not have given out access to IP if they knew they were going to open their own haunt this year.  Just my opinion....

2 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Did you mean to say they are scrambling to put an original house together?  All Hollywood does is IP houses, with an original maybe once every 3-5 years.  

• Like 1

Looking at the speculation map, Killer Klowns will be in a location not used by HHN before.  I recall seeing the chainsaw geisha team there, but no official scarezone.

How certain is this?  I don't think it is a bad place at all for a zone.  Just wondering.

Are they keeping the Invasion area empty because of the chokepoint created by the scarezone?

6 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I assume you're referring to IT? From my understanding of the timeline, Universal lost the rights to that in December or January. Just because Hollywood fans still BELIEVED they were getting, that doesn't mean they were.

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

Did you mean to say they are scrambling to put an original house together?  All Hollywood does is IP houses, with an original maybe once every 3-5 years.  

Hollywood isn't getting an original house.

5 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Looking at the speculation map, Killer Klowns will be in a location not used by HHN before.  I recall seeing the chainsaw geisha team there, but no official scarezone.

How certain is this?  I don't think it is a bad place at all for a zone.  Just wondering.

Are they keeping the Invasion area empty because of the chokepoint created by the scarezone?

The write-up itself says "South Street," which confirms what I was told (and is the highlighted area the map). In regards to why that zone got moved, there are two likely reasons: 1) They want the sightlines between Central Park and San Fran "clear" for the lagoon show, and/or 2) They wanted to leave the area around their newest attraction clear.

I know F&F was a failure, but decisions about where zones will be located is made between December and February. So a decision was made with optimistic expectations.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Legacy said:

The write-up itself says "South Street," which confirms what I was told (and is the highlighted area the map). In regards to why that zone got moved, there are two likely reasons: 1) They want the sightlines between Central Park and San Fran "clear" for the lagoon show, and/or 2) They wanted to leave the area around their newest attraction clear.

Seems to make sense that they want the area around F&F clear as the attraction will most likely be open during the event.  But, are they actually going to run the lagoon show during HHN?  That seems wildly out of place and that they would only run that on the off nights in which case the zone locations wouldnt matter excepting if they are putting out a lot of props.

19 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

I just had a rant on IU about how 4 of 5 zones are on the parade route, they can use the area in front of F&F or the area near MiB/FF easily, and I think that KidZone, Springfield, and London could be worked with as well. I don’t understand the zone placement at all.

Well, half the park is parade route or half too narrow for the amount of traffic that is expected to get through and enjoy it is crazy.  

It works out to appear that there isn't any safe zones