HHN 2017 Speculation

So for Blumhouse what do you think it's gonna be?

For Sinister I feel like it can either be majority snuff films with a little baguul or just the opposite

For Purge it's probably gonna be similar to Orlando's maze

For Ouija I honestly have no idea what they're gonna use

Get Out/Split has a lot of content to use and as long as I see the Beast(Split) & see the sunken place(Get Out) & hear Redbone this maze will be perfect

Also assuming Blumhouse is john's "science project", which is 132 pages(the longest in HHN history I believe), that would give each property 26.4 pages which is idk how many scenes

Edited by wow

5 minutes ago, wow said:

So for Blumhouse what do you think it's gonna be?

For Sinister I feel like it can either be majority snuff films with a little baguul or just the opposite

For Purge it's probably gonna be similar to Orlando's maze

For Ouija I honestly have no idea what they're gonna use

Get Out/Split has a lot of content to use and as long as I see the Beast(Split) & see the sunken place(Get Out) & hear Redbone this maze will be perfect

for Ouija they can reuse the Ouija prop from exorcist. for split i expect a room with different of kevins personalitys. some will be mannequins and some will be real. you can also have the zombie eating someone gag for the beast. im wondering if it will be one room or 3. also how would they do the transitions

Edited by themazethinker

Just now, themazethinker said:

for Ouija they cab reuse the Ouija prop from exorcist. for split i expect a room with different of kevins personalitys. some will be mannequins and some will be real. you can also have the zombie eating someone gag for the beast. im wondering if it will be one room or 3. also how would they do the transitions

The transitions are the part I'm excited to see, besides the maze itself. I think it'll be like Silver Screams from Orlando but with multiple scenes for each property. I feel like Ouija is gonna feel like a rehash of Exorcist sets too

45 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Confirmed:

8 Mazes this year (including TWD Attraction)

The Shining

American Horror Story: Roanoke

Speculation:

Blumhouse Mashup (containing Blumhouse movies such as Get Out, Sinister, The Purge, that have enough content for a short maze segment but not a whole maze)

Insidious ch. 4

Jigsaw

Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Rumored to be based on the original 2 evil dead films but titled as the show for promotion) 

The last maze is a mystery to everybody. Originally The Conjuring was in the lineup however it has been scrapped due to a lawsuit and the replacement has not been leaked nor figured out

Terror Tram is rumored to be Titans of Terror, meaning Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and Michael are all together on the tram 

The leaked lineup definitely seems true. With only two mazes announced it's hard to say for sure but a lot of evidence points towards it being true. It listed 7 mazes and we have 7 mazes that are exclusive to HHN. It said that AHS would only be based on Roanoke, and that's true. It said The Shining was coming and when everybody doubted it, it came to the event. And it had The Conjuring on there, then information was let out that The Conjuring was scrapped and this was confirmed by John saying that the codename The Big Chill no longer applied for this year. That codename connected to The Conjuring

Thanks a lot!!

Wow the Tram sounds really nice!! Hopefully it's true. 

• Like 2

I've been thinking about the Blumhouse maze a lot lately. For Ouija I think we will see a few short scareactors playing possessed Doris, that is if it is based on the sequel Origin of Evil. For Split I'm thinking there might just be the underground labyrinth area Kevin lives in, with victims in a few areas and a scareactor as the beast. For Sinister I just imagine the house from the first film with the home videos being projected on the walls and the creepy soundtrack playing, and of course bagul will make an appearance. For Get Out I'm really just imagining the sunken place. And I'm pretty sure we all know that the Purge section will be strobe lights, homes and random sets, masked scareactors, and the siren blasting. The great thing about all of these films is that I can imagine every inch of the maze being used for each section, meaning little to no black hallways, unless they are used for the transitions. Sinister, Ouija, and Split all have memorable scenes taking place in long hallways. Anyways, this is all just my predictions. What do you guys think?

Edited by dereksdominance
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, dereksdominance said:

I've been thinking about the Blumhouse maze a lot lately. For Ouija I think we will see a few short scareactors playing possessed Doris, that is if it is based on the sequel Origin of Evil. For Split I'm thinking there might just be the underground labyrinth area Kevin lives in, with victims in a few areas and a scareactor as the beast. For Sinister I just imagine the house from the first film with the home videos being projected on the walls and the creepy soundtrack playing, and of course bagul will make an appearance. For Get Out I'm really just imagining the sunken place. And I'm pretty sure we all know that the Purge section will be strobe lights, homes and random sets, masked scareactors, and the siren blasting. The great thing about all of these films is that I can imagine every inch of the maze being used for each section, meaning little to no black hallways, unless they are used for the transitions. Sinister, Ouija, and Split all have memorable scenes taking place in long hallways. Anyways, this is all just my predictions. What do you guys think?

Thinking about how Blumhouse is gonna be has bumped it up on my anticipation list. I feel like the transition might just be going through curtains with a poster or archway for the movie. The maze I'm most excited to learn more about is the wildcard maze going in Waterworld

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

Blumhouse should be good! Some segments don't necessarily need to be scary. Just having us walking through the hallways from Get Out will be creepy. But wouldn't it be cool if the first scene is Get Out and it's us going into the sunken place and experiencing all these crazy scenes from the movies? I would love that. 

My favorite part about working the event each year for the past three years is getting the information before the GA. My first year working HHN itself, we got a tour of the TCM maze twice, once when it was just plywood walls, and then a second time when it was finishing decorations. Being under the NDA is the worst, but at least I get to revel in your anticipation. 

30 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

My favorite part about working the event each year for the past three years is getting the information before the GA. My first year working HHN itself, we got a tour of the TCM maze twice, once when it was just plywood walls, and then a second time when it was finishing decorations. Being under the NDA is the worst, but at least I get to revel in your anticipation. 

i know this may sound weird but were there anything about the mazes that the general public don't know, DON"T TELL US ANYTHING FROM THIS YEAR

On 7/12/2017 at 9:09 AM, ForeverEvil1 said:

The MacBeth quote means nothing, it's just a thing Murdy's done since last year. A harbinger for an announcement.

Unforunatley it seems whatever was meant to be announced yesterday got delayed without Murdy's knowledge it seems. 

I see. Well it's only my 2nd year going to HHN so I'm Not yet up on the canan and lore and history for all of these. I just thought I'd share. 

Edited by dykealiscious

On 7/15/2017 at 1:08 AM, themazethinker said:

i know this may sound weird but were there anything about the mazes that the general public don't know, DON"T TELL US ANYTHING FROM THIS YEAR

I've yet to go in for costuming so I pretty much know as much as you do lol. I'll know everything the day they call me in for fittings. All the scare actors talk so the moment a single one of us gets fitted, we all know what each of the mazes are. My best guess at this point is Saw, Blumhouse, and titans of terror but with titans being a maze and not the terror tram. I would never spoil anything  since I am under an NDA, however, up until this very point right now, my guess is as good as yours. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

I've yet to go in for costuming so I pretty much know as much as you do lol. I'll know everything the day they call me in for fittings. All the scare actors talk so the moment a single one of us gets fitted, we all know what each of the mazes are. My best guess at this point is Saw, Blumhouse, and titans of terror but with titans being a maze and not the terror tram. I would never spoil anything  since I am under an NDA, however, up until this very point right now, my guess is as good as yours. 

jesus we need a whole thread of your stories behind the scenes

26 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

Titans is a MAZE?????

5 hours ago, themazethinker said:

so the 2003 all night die in [ i swear im the only one who get's the reference ] 

I get it too.. "The Nightmare Killer", "The Hockey Mask Killer", "The Shatner Mask Killer" and "The Chainsaw Killer" were all in that maze as their films were being "remade" by The Director and we walked through the drive-in theater where they lurked..

2 minutes ago, horror lover said:

I get it too.. "The Nightmare Killer", "The Hockey Mask Killer", "The Shatner Mask Killer" and "The Chainsaw Killer" were all in that maze as their films were being "remade" by The Director and we walked through the drive-in theater where they lurked..

Is that the Uber Fan connection?

4 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Is that the Uber Fan connection?

That would be the ultimate, ULTIMATE mind-screw.. for years, Murdy has said not only would he never do another Orlando character following Jack and Director (Usher rumors from 2013 not withstanding), but he'd never create a maze where multiple IPs were represented.. So if Uber Fan was Titans of Terror/All Nite Die In, Uber Fan in this case would mean people who know both events so well and they'd either remember going through or hearing stories of the All Nite Die In maze from HHN 2003 where all of the Big 4 slashers were represented..

Edited by horror lover

6 minutes ago, horror lover said:

That would be the ultimate, ULTIMATE mind-screw.. for years, Murdy has said not only would he never do another Orlando character following Jack and Director (Usher rumors from 2013 not withstanding), but he'd never create a maze where multiple IPs were represented.. So if Uber Fan was Titans of Terror/All Nite Die In, Uber Fan in this case would mean people who know both events so well and they'd either remember going through or hearing stories of the All Nite Die In maze from HHN 2003 where all of the Big 4 slashers were represented..

I'm curious about the Terror Tram and if it got changed or not.

1 minute ago, HHNManics said:

I'm curious about the Terror Tram and if it got changed or not.

If John were to relocate Titans of Terror to a maze I could easily see him doing something like Trick R Treat for the tram, I know call me crazy, but that IP is rumored to be a scarezone in Orlando which would mean we could get the rights too

2 minutes ago, wow said:

If John were to relocate Titans of Terror to a maze I could easily see him doing something like Trick R Treat for the tram, I know call me crazy, but that IP is rumored to be a scarezone in Orlando which would mean we could get the rights too

John himself has said on twitter (specifically to a guy who continuously spams anybody who posts about HHN telling them to announce something related to trick r treat) that he won't do trick r treat until the sequel is released and I think that would apply to any form of it being at the event. Now John is usually a carny, but if he says he's not doing something then he's not doing it. Unless Mike made the sequel without anybody knowing 

in the next q&a we can ask if the concept for the tram has changed 

Does anyone else find it odd that there might be two houses that have more than one IP in each one(one contains old school horror and the other contains new school horror)? And they're both on the upper lot as well. If that were the case maybe the New York entrance scare zone should include a bunch of iconic horror movie characters, similar to the All Nite Die-In scare zone from HHN 25.