HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

23 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

That been a prevalent attitude around here for years. There is always at least one person per year like that. Always an "insider" with "connections". 

I have no problem if you want to spills the beans in one fell swoop.  Go ahead.  But to say the forum is too dumb to figure it out in 24 hours and then to "stop speculating" when the 100% facts the day before were only 1 IP scarezone and changed overnight to 2 IP scarezones.  I 100% believe everything said is what was told by an inside source and know that people get confused and/or the telephone game where a message changes down the line.  So no need to stop speculation.  And until stuff is announced, it's still speculation regardless of your source so anybody is free to throw out whatever they want.

Also hate the "I have the inside info and you're wrong!" replies.  That just sounds like a parent telling a kid, "because I said so!"  There are nicer ways to tell someone they are off track and give a little guidance, no matter how vague (Think bigger!  Think more suspense that outright horror.  etc) allows the insider to prove they have good info when it's all revealed and also keeps those not in the know involved in the discussion and fun.

OK, done ranting :-) 

• Like 3

I highly, highly doubt it happens, but (as someone mentioned either earlier on here or on OU) maybe a vampire fraternity could work? IIRC from seeing The Conjuring, the interior of the house from the movie could double as a convincing frat house.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

23 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Welp, there goes one of the two things I was looking forward to.

Your life just sucks, doesn't it?

Question on The Conjuring fiasco.  Let's suppose we know for sure that this was actually supposed to happen.. didn't the whole lawsuit thing come out months ago?  Would they have even built the physical maze for The Conjuring ?  I doubt it.  They may have had to redirect the plans, but I bet they aren't having to use a Conjuring literal house as something else.  Just a thought.

Also, to the "new guy" coming to HHN from England - be sure to attend multiple nights, and absolutely buy the express pass.  I know this has been said, but I wanted to reiterate.  When I was a newbie, I used to travel to the event for a single weekend.  We'd get two nights out of it, and that was it.  I regret doing it that way.  I started going in 2005 - during a time that everyone here still raves about - and, I can't remember as much as I'd like to.   So, now, we travel to the event three different weekends - and this year will be four.  Granted, I don't have to fly 10 hours to get there like you do, but I'm just saying, make the most of it.    Also, be sure to get plenty of rest and drink lots of water.  It's hot as hell in Florida during at least the first half of this event.  

I hope you'll come back with more questions and update us on what you think.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I highly, highly doubt it happens, but (as someone mentioned either earlier on here or on OU) maybe a vampire fraternity could work? IIRC from seeing The Conjuring, the interior of the house from the movie could double as a convincing frat house.

Omg please no. Regular fraternity brothers are scary enough (no offense to any fraternity brothers on here), we don't need a whole house full them dressed as vampires. When the greaser vampires hit on the girls last year, it was cute and fun. Vampire fraternity brothers, not so much. Plus, I can only imagine their maze being a shit show and smelling like stale beer. 

• Like 3

Just to clarify, for those who are asking.  "Hybrid" stilts are simply drywall stilts. These are the stilts used for all seasonal events. "Bigfoot" stilts are used in Superstar and at Transformers.  This will be the first time Bigfoot stilts will be used, by Universal, for a seasonal event. Bigfoots are used primarily by local entertainment companies and are designed specifically for performing. They are more mobile and extremely sturdy, allowing them to carry more weight.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Question on The Conjuring fiasco.  Let's suppose we know for sure that this was actually supposed to happen.. didn't the whole lawsuit thing come out months ago?  Would they have even built the physical maze for The Conjuring ?  I doubt it.  They may have had to redirect the plans, but I bet they aren't having to use a Conjuring literal house as something else.  Just a thought.

While I absolutely agree that there's no way the house would've been built, it is possible that they had allocated a budget, sourced IP specific building materials, perhaps even signed a contract with said sources, and now are stuck with a certain look that they have to build a theme around. 

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

Also, to the "new guy" coming to HHN from England - be sure to attend multiple nights, and absolutely buy the express pass.  I know this has been said, but I wanted to reiterate.  When I was a newbie, I used to travel to the event for a single weekend.  We'd get two nights out of it, and that was it.  I regret doing it that way.  I started going in 2005 - during a time that everyone here still raves about - and, I can't remember as much as I'd like to.   So, now, we travel to the event three different weekends - and this year will be four.  Granted, I don't have to fly 10 hours to get there like you do, but I'm just saying, make the most of it.    Also, be sure to get plenty of rest and drink lots of water.  It's hot as hell in Florida during at least the first half of this event.  

I hope you'll come back with more questions and update us on what you think.  

Thanks and don't worry, managed to convince my friend to get the rush of fear ticket with express pass as the dates match up perfectly. 

And agreed on the Florida heat - have been before a few times in August before and it's very uncomfortable!  Though you get way better storms than we do here haha. 

Really looking forward to finally going - it's been on my to do list for ages, and given I've just turned 30 this year decided to go for it as a big birthday celebration holiday. And apart from Saw I'm actually really excited by this years offering (if right).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alice said:

I'm kind of annoyed that we got this beautiful website reveal with no context...what are the chances of a house announcement this month? 

I'd say likely. Me thinks they may have wanted to get past the date of the Pulse shooting before announcing this month. And Hollywood has confirmed they wanted to announce mid-June. 

46 minutes ago, sikbyrd350 said:

While I absolutely agree that there's no way the house would've been built, it is possible that they had allocated a budget, sourced IP specific building materials, perhaps even signed a contract with said sources, and now are stuck with a certain look that they have to build a theme around. 

From Legacy on IU:

"Conjuring was fully approved until it wasn't. And the house was basically built by the time the legal issues got pushed into licensing agreements. It's replacement sounds... serious. It definitely doesn't feel like a dark comedy house. And it may allow some unique visuals that hadn't been seen yet in a vampire house."

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

Your life just sucks, doesn't it?

Two ifs first:

If the Conjuring was indeed coming. If the Conjuring was meant go in Tent 2. 

Deals with IP holders, such as The Conjuring, would most likely have started prior to the lawsuit. March 31st is when the lawsuit was first reported by the media. Most saw Brittle's case as frivolous at first. A money grab. 

I can easily see WB dismissing or downplaying any concerns Uni may have addressed. 

The tents are traditionally built first. Reason? It's Florida and summer is sweltering. Starting the outdoor facilities that have less reliable AC just makes sense. It would, also, be cheaper since you don't have to fight the furnace outside with the AC inside. 

Construction began in April(?). The permit dates aren't reliable to determine when construction actually began. I've found it takes time for them to be placed on to the site and they're dated by when they were entered. 

May rolls around. Construction is well underway. Suddenly, that pesky frivolous lawsuit is gaining steam and isn't going away. Maybe a cease and desist is ordered? Maybe WB backs out due to the suit? Maybe Universal decided to cut and run before either of those things happened? But...now they have an either partially built house and facade or a completely (maybe with, maybe without scenic) built house and facade. 

Do they tear it down and start from scratch? Business wise, you don't. You revamp it. (Pun so intended). Otherwise, you will have spent money on labor and material just to tear down that product. Then you spend money to actually tear it down. Now you have to spend money and time creating a whole new set of plans and blueprints before you can even start building. Then you'd have to spend money on building the new house. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Omg please no. Regular fraternity brothers are scary enough (no offense to any fraternity brothers on here), we don't need a whole house full them dressed as vampires. When the greaser vampires hit on the girls last year, it was cute and fun. Vampire fraternity brothers, not so much. Plus, I can only imagine their maze being a shit show and smelling like stale beer. 

Funny, I think it would be an awesome house.

• Like 2

Overall, I like all the concepts for the mazes and the scarezones.  Only one I'm not too excited for is Saw but I will keep an open mind.  As long as there's no 3D house, I am happy :) 

If the icon does end up being grim reaper since those song lyrics make it pretty obvious unless they are steering us in the wrong direction, anyone think they will incorporate him into one of the houses? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Dude your preferences are confusing AF. Have you been around fraternity brothers lately? It would be like if the Purge kids from the first movie grew fangs and were more rowdy and drunk. No thank you. 

Anyways, ForeverEvil1 is probably right, they probably wanted to wait until everything the Pulse memorial has settled down to announce anything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elhev said:

If the icon does end up being grim reaper since those song lyrics make it pretty obvious unless they are steering us in the wrong direction, anyone think they will incorporate him into one of the houses? 

Some might say that he/she is represented in every house.

1 minute ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

ve you been around fraternity brothers lately? It would be like if the Purge kids from the first movie grew fangs and were more rowdy and drunk. No thank you.

But....blood keg stands!!!

• Like 1

I can't believe we are in the same boat we were in just 2 years ago. I wonder if somebody had to put their foot down and say "We are not spending the money to buy a new IP's rights just so we can spray paint the walls and call it done" like they did with Scream/Purge. Instead, they wanted to use that money to turn the house into an original and since they had money, they could do more than change a few props and call it a different house. 

I'm also hoping that it does really well. The fact we are getting 4 original mazes is already amazing. Now, lets just hope they do really well so maybe we can start getting more and more originals. Without needing to drop a ton of money for rights, they could go crazy with the detail inside them. 

• Like 6

They're also starting to run out of "original IP" properties (for lack of a better term). We've already seen most of the classics at least once, and new "classics" aren't being made every year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they original/IP balance started to even out a bit in future events.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm usually in your camp with most of your comments.  But it always makes me laugh how you love the campy stuff!  Though I can deal with the annual "comedy" house they typically do, I'd much rather have hardcore serious stuff.

42 minutes ago, Badge said:

I can't believe we are in the same boat we were in just 2 years ago. I wonder if somebody had to put their foot down and say "We are not spending the money to buy a new IP's rights just so we can spray paint the walls and call it done" like they did with Scream/Purge. Instead, they wanted to use that money to turn the house into an original and since they had money, they could do more than change a few props and call it a different house. 

Those were my thoughts exactly!  Someone involved in the contracting or legal had to have been like "are you shitting me...again???"  Oh well. 

I, too, have been following some of the IU posts.  Incidentally: did Legacy bail on HNN to be fulltime IU?  Anyway, along with alluding to possible "serious" vampire action, he left the cryptic comment of "remember, a vampire has to be invited in."  Anyone have vampire movies that spring to mind from that?  I first thought of Lost Boys.  But then realized that wasn't exactly "serious" and the quote in the film was something along the lines of "never invite a vampire into your home, it renders them powerless."  And it sounds like it will be original, anyawys.  Visually, a Bram Stoker's Dracula house would be bad ass!  Not happening, but maybe one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Thanks and don't worry, managed to convince my friend to get the rush of fear ticket with express pass as the dates match up perfectly. 

And agreed on the Florida heat - have been before a few times in August before and it's very uncomfortable!  Though you get way better storms than we do here haha. 

Really looking forward to finally going - it's been on my to do list for ages, and given I've just turned 30 this year decided to go for it as a big birthday celebration holiday. And apart from Saw I'm actually really excited by this years offering (if right).

I am thrilled you went that route!  The Rush of Fear with Express is, by far, the best deal if you are traveling for the event and can only travel once.  Smart move.  Plus, 30 is a big deal!  You should be celebrating properly!  Happy birthday, late!

So, which weekend are you going?  Just curious if I'll be around at the same time or not.  I already owe Critical a beer, so I figured I'd offer you a celebratory pint for your bday.  I have a fondness for the Brits.  My wife and I just returned from 11 days in England (London, Manchester and York) and pretty much didn't want to leave. It was at the suggestion of two Brits who we met at HHN a couple years ago that we visited York which we LOVED.  I wish I could find those guys again and tell them thanks.  

Anyway, have a fabulous time, Matt. You're gonna love it!

BTW, agree on Saw... I mean, who gives a shit about Saw anymore?  They ruined it, IMO, by making so many movies, and I don't think it translates to a good house.

• Like 1