HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

^That's why I had the idea of a vamp frat house, since the house from Conjuring could sort of pass for a frat house. I do kinda wish "Vamp 74" was a real thing--disco and bell bottoms vampires? Good house description could've been "try staying alive now!" Really, a house with five sections for each decade from the '50s to '90s--a really dark version of Pop Century--would be awesome.

Back to reality, hoping for Ash v. Evil Dead even if I didn't do the 2013 Evil Dead House, so that would pass for the comedy house.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Just now, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^That's why I had the idea of a vamp frat house, since the house from Conjuring could kinda pass for a frat house. Hoping for Ash v. Evil Dead even if I didn't do the 2013 Evil Dead House, so that would pass for the comedy house.

I really hope they go with the frat house idea, it seems like it could be the fun/not so scary house of the year if Ash vs Evil Dead is indeed based on Evil Dead 1 & 2

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^That's why I had the idea of a vamp frat house, since the house from Conjuring could sort of pass for a frat house. I do kinda wish "Vamp 74" was a real thing--disco and bell bottoms vampires? Good house description could've been "try staying alive now!" Really, a house with five sections for each decade from the '50s to '90s--a really dark version of Pop Century.

Back to reality, hoping for Ash v. Evil Dead even if I didn't do the 2013 Evil Dead House, so that would pass for the comedy house.

I could see a vampire frat house, house, pleaseeeeeeeeeee no bell-bottoms though. I'd much rather see the maze inside a school environment though. (Classrooms, Locker room, etc). I loved the Evil Dead house though and am really looking forward to Ash vs Evil Dead. I gotta get caught up on the second season though. Putting it as the comedy house is iffy for me just because a great majority of the humor from that show comes from Bruce Campbell.

1 hour ago, wow said:

I really hope they go with the frat house idea, it seems like it could be the fun/not so scary house of the year if Ash vs Evil Dead is indeed based on Evil Dead 1 & 2

I really hope it's on the show and not the original movies. I love the franchise and the first two films but if they Call it Ash vs Evil Dead that's what they need to base it on. Unless they try to play it as Ash's history versus the Deadites which I think was previously stated somewhere in the forums. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^That's why I had the idea of a vamp frat house, since the house from Conjuring could sort of pass for a frat house. I do kinda wish "Vamp 74" was a real thing--disco and bell bottoms vampires? Good house description could've been "try staying alive now!" Really, a house with five sections for each decade from the '50s to '90s--a really dark version of Pop Century.

Kind of like how Run was a really dark EPCOT World Showcase? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Kind of like how Run was a really dark EPCOT World Showcase? 

The way you just described that house is perfect, and that's now the way I'll always describe it to other people. Also good morning everyone!

41 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^^ So what house will be in SS24 instead, since this is very clearly the Catacombs/Gothic crossover?

If I remember correctly I saw a previous post that said the Voodoo house and the Scarecrow house would be in SS24. I could be wrong though.

14 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

If I remember correctly I saw a previous post that said the Voodoo house and the Scarecrow house would be in SS24. I could be wrong though.

I heard the Scarecrow house was in one of the spring tents since they're growing corn for the facade

10 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

so since we dry with news right now any guesses on who could this icon could be until the  offical reveal? i still going with my guess of lady death

I'm thinking Lady Death too, I really like the concept of her but i also feel like her character may be too basic. I mean from what I know she's an entity that brings death. Although I will admit I don't know much about her and how they used her in Singapore. There could be a ton more that I don't know, if anyone has more info please enlighten me!

18 minutes ago, wow said:

I heard the Scarecrow house was in one of the spring tents since they're growing corn for the facade

I remember reading that aswell. If they are indeed growing corn for the Scarecrow  maze maybe Maybe Vamp 74 is going into a soundstage?

Just now, MKDean19 said:

I'm thinking Lady Death too, I really like the concept of her but i also feel like her character may be too basic. I mean from what I know she's an entity that brings death. Although I will admit I don't know much about her and how they used her in Singapore. There could be a ton more that I don't know, if anyone has more info please enlighten me!

the way she was used very unique the whole event wasnt just about they introduce other mini icons that were attraced houses but as for lady death think santa murete from day of the dead or lady murete from the book of life but more evil

7 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

the way she was used very unique the whole event wasnt just about they introduce other mini icons that were attraced houses but as for lady death think santa murete from day of the dead or lady murete from the book of life but more evil

Then if she brought other icons would it be a possibility for her to bring other icons that have been speculated on? (Caretaker, Cindy, Director, Voodoo Queen) I read that the guy that plays The Caretaker was seen at Universal HQs a week or so ago, and there was the Gif a little while back that resembled The Director.

4 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

Then if she brought other icons would it be a possibility for her to bring other icons that have been speculated on? (Caretaker, Cindy, Director, Voodoo Queen) I read that the guy that plays The Caretaker was seen at Universal HQs a week or so ago, and there was the Gif a little while back that resembled The Director.

if they decide to do it that way  yeah it could work something like this 

30 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

I remember reading that aswell. If they are indeed growing corn for the Scarecrow  maze maybe Maybe Vamp 74 is going into a soundstage?

Vamp 74 was apparently a joke. The real Vampire house coming to HHN, according to rumors, is basically going to be the Conjuring with Vampires. Also, I like Lady Death as much as the next person but I don't think she's gonna get the same treatment as she did in Singapore; like there is no way Orlando can successfully pull off a parade anymore with the amount of crowds they get

Edited by wow

2 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

if they decide to do it that way  yeah it could work something like this 

Yeah, that's what I saw. I think it's totally possible for her character to bring them back, and I'd really really like that. Then we'd get a new icon and the return of ones we really like.

2 minutes ago, wow said:

Vamp 74 was apparently a joke. The real Vampire house coming to HHN, according to rumors, is basically going to be the Conjuring with Vampires

I would've totally gone for  it if they didn't overload it with all the rediculous crazes that came with the 70's but by Conjuring with Vampires you pretty much mean Vampires in a creepy house?

15 minutes ago, wow said:

Vamp 74 was apparently a joke. The real Vampire house coming to HHN, according to rumors, is basically going to be the Conjuring with Vampires. Also, I like Lady Death as much as the next person but I don't think she's gonna get the same treatment as she did in Singapore; like there is no way Orlando can successfully pull off a parade anymore with the amount of crowds they get

im not expecting a parade in order to that they neeed close a section off and have crowd control and i dont they could they either

3 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

im not expecting a parade in order to that they neeed close a section off and have crowd control and i dont they could they either

That and I don't think they would have a sufficient path for a parade. Chances are NY is going to have decent sized props that won't be moved and I can't really see it going through anywhere else.

I think things will pick up again starting this next week--I'm almost positive this past week was silent out of respect for the anniversary of the Really Bad Week. (It's amazing that Universal was able to post an attendance increase LY.)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, timbo8 said:

so since we dry with news right now any guesses on who could this icon could be until the  offical reveal? i still going with my guess of lady death

I don't think it will be lady death (which means you can bet on her being the icon) I think it will either be the grim reaper or the caretaker. I only starting attending the event a few years ago but I can remember the old HHN sites and the obvious care and love put into the event. The one website I remember most vividly was the year the Usher was the icon with the hub being the movie theatre and each theatre was for a different house and there was a cohesiveness to the entire event. Lots of people have said HHN 25 was close, but I suspect the grim reaper or caretaker because they are easy and safe choices. But I'd love for it to be an icon no one has even thought of yet it's June 17th and we know very little for sure which makes me very happy. 

I was watching Hot Fuzz a couple of months back and thought if the idea behind the town elders was taken more seriously and darker and boiled down to one person (the mayor of Carey perhaps) who was a character who should be trusted and respected but was secretly behind sinister events to "protect" the town and people he was elected by could work as an icon. But I'm pretty burned out on anything political as I'm sure most people are. I envisioned the mayor having a sash like mayor quimby and almost a Hannibal lector type where if someone defaced public property or other minor offenses he would take it so personal the punishment would be death. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MoonKnight said:

I don't think it will be lady death (which means you can bet on her being the icon) I think it will either be the grim reaper or the caretaker. I only starting attending the event a few years ago but I can remember the old HHN sites and the obvious care and love put into the event. The one website I remember most vividly was the year the Usher was the icon with the hub being the movie theatre and each theatre was for a different house and there was a cohesiveness to the entire event. Lots of people have said HHN 25 was close, but I suspect the grim reaper or caretaker because they are easy and safe choices. But I'd love for it to be an icon no one has even thought of yet it's June 17th and we know very little for sure which makes me very happy. 

I was watching Hot Fuzz a couple of months back and thought if the idea behind the town elders was taken more seriously and darker and boiled down to one person (the mayor of Carey perhaps) who was a character who should be trusted and respected but was secretly behind sinister events to "protect" the town and people he was elected by could work as an icon. But I'm pretty burned out on anything political as I'm sure most people are. I envisioned the mayor having a sash like mayor quimby and almost a Hannibal lector type where if someone defaced public property or other minor offenses he would take it so personal the punishment would be death. 

With all the stuff that goes down in Carey Ohio this wouldn't be too far fetched. I'd honestly love to see the Mayor of Carey as an icon. How they would get him to kinda play in to the IP houses I don't know but that's a great idea. 

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I think things will pick up again starting this next week--I'm almost positive this past week was silent out of respect for the anniversary of the Really Bad Week. (It's amazing that Universal was able to post an attendance increase LY.)

I can't see them not announcing something this week coming up and we still have 7 houses and 5 scarezones to be revealed. 

10 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

I can't see them not announcing something this week coming up and we still have 7 houses and 5 scarezones to be revealed. 

Well...all the originals, scarezones, and shows will probably be dumped all at once in August per usual. 

So, that leaves three (possibly four) IP houses and whatever Icon-ie type stuff they have planned.

12 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Well...all the originals, scarezones, and shows will probably be dumped all at once in August per usual. 

So, that leaves three (possibly four) IP houses and whatever Icon-ie type stuff they have planned.

They usually drop all the original stuff about a month that before the event (unless there's an original house or SZ that goes with the icon)  so that leaves us an IP announcement about every 2 weeks give or take a few days. Also. If The Purge SZ is real should we add that to the number of IP properties that they'll announce separately?