HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

It was false info spread to people about a Fortune Teller themed Cindy being the Icon with a maze called Dark Fortunes. 

Thanks for clarifying. 

Wonder how much truth there is to any of the icon rumours anymore. 

Even the infographic on the website for Skoolhouse had nods to Trick R Treat. It was clearly an inspiration. (Edit: beaten to the point by mere seconds) 

I'd LOVE Trick R Treat to come to the event in any shape or form, but a scarezone filled with Jack O'Lanterns would be super great. 

Edited by DarthSpielberg
  • Like 1

I remember how anticipated the movie was, and the wait for it to finally be released.

In a way, it was like Scarezone. All sorts of hype, but it was only being seen at festivals. 

I never did get to see Scarezone. I could never find a DVD. I'll have to go searching for it. Wouldn't mind seeing Collections of the Past again. 

08 had a couple of A&D "love notes" to movies. IT was a homage to Event Horizon. 

EDIT: Icon rumors. Whatever we get will be a marketing creation. The "hype" is too blasé for anything else. 

• Like 1

Initial audition will consist of a type out audition.

Hybrid Stilt Walkers
Male and Female Stilt Walkers Maximum weight 190lbs (weight will be verified at the audition). 
Stilts will be provided for the audition.

BigFoot® Stilt Walkers
Seeking male stilt walkers 6’ – 6’8” in height . Must have previous BigFoot® Stilt Walking Experience.

I only remember in past audition emails the need for the Bigfoot Walkers?

So unsure if this Hybrid set is for something in a specific house, zone, or parade (maybe)???

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

HHN is amazing. "Let's take existing content and revamp it slightly and call it new."

HHN 27: The Recycled Year

Not to knock you but that's most every year. Halloween events tend to reuse similar themes and concepts over and over again, because that is the nature of the beast.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, DarthSpielberg said:

Not to knock you but that's most every year. Halloween events tend to reuse similar themes and concepts over and over again, because that is the nature of the beast.

You're right. But when it comes down to props, costumes, sets, etc being re-used it kind of sucks. 

18 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

HHN is amazing. "Let's take existing content and revamp it slightly and call it new."

HHN 27: The Recycled Year

Ok but they'll always be able to get away with this because no matter how many returning guests there are, there will be more guests who have never experienced HHN and may possibly never experience it again. It sucks, but that's one of the main differences between a theme park haunt and a good ol' homemade haunt. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Bigfoot stilt walker.... is that a type of stilts or something?

Yes, pretty much every time you see stilt people at Universal that's what they're using. Which is why the 'hybrid' stilt auditions are interesting--usually they don't use anything other than Bigfoots IIRC. 

So...maybe something new inside a house? Or they wanted a different height range for street stilts?

5 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

You're right. But when it comes down to props, costumes, sets, etc being re-used it kind of sucks. 

I cant wait till there is a new original house that reuses some TWD masks.... you will loose your mind!!!!! LOL

so would I though.

• Like 1

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

I cant wait till there is a new original house that reuses some TWD masks.... you will loose your mind!!!!! LOL

so would I though.

Even with no house, TWD refuses to leave.  How appropriate.

10 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

HHN Orlando is nowhere near as detailed as they are scarezone wise. Don't expect this, unfortunately.

I will agree with you on something! The level of detail in USS is on another level. It's crazy to think how big they build stuff considering this is only going to be year 7 for them. +

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Badge said:

I will agree with you on something! The level of detail in USS is on another level. It's crazy to think how big they build stuff considering this is only going to be year 7 for them. +

Why do you think there is such an obvious difference in quality in scare zones? Even their website was dramatically better.

Edited by criticalanalysis

34 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Why do you think there is such an obvious difference in quality in scare zones? Even their website was dramatically better.

Oh that's easy. Marketing hasn't gotten put in control yet. The event is still a baby for them. They let the awesome creative people have free reign to create awesome things. Not only does this attract locals, but it really attracts hard core HHN fans who want to experience a more themed event...like the golden days of HHN Orlando. 

Give it a few more years. Marketing will be put in control and then not only will Orlando and Hollywood be sharing IP's, but  USS will also have the same IP's.

• Like 2

Sorry if discussed already but I am confused. How does a potential Conjuring house become a vampire house? I mean I am just asking if this situation is similar to the Scream/Purge fiasco. Because if so wouldn't it be easier to transform it to like a Dead End sequel or something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

Sorry if discussed already but I am confused. How does a potential Conjuring house become a vampire house? I mean I am just asking if this situation is similar to the Scream/Purge fiasco. Because if so wouldn't it be easier to transform it to like a Dead End sequel or something?

When the first rumors that Conjuring was lost hit, Dead End was my first thought. 

I think we will have to wait and see what kind of vampire is used to determine how it fits. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

When the first rumors that Conjuring was lost hit, Dead End was my first thought. 

I think we will have to wait and see what kind of vampire is used to determine how it fits. 

If they're literally using the set from an already constructed Conjuring house then I'd assume they'd be American vampires. Now that I've typed that it sounds weird but what I mean is I doubt these will be high class, leather tights, fancy pants' with fangs. I really doubt we'll see cajun vampires (ala Anne Rice) due to the Bayou of Blood house. I honestly have no idea what angle they'll take - if it feels too rural and it'll be too similar to the Scarecrow house. However, they have to work with what they have which is essentially a secluded farm house.

I'd wager the end result will either look the opening of John Carpenter's Vampires or something really unique to stand out against the bland setting. The exciting news is even though we have a lot of information we still no real idea of what's going on and how these themes will shape

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 2

Are hybrid stilts the bendy ones? Werewolf stilts is what I'm thinking of. 

My daughter may be taking circus arts, but she focused on aerial dance so I don't know the name of stilts (yet). 

Sci-Fi zone could use the bendy stilts. Gothic had a gargoyle on stilts, so it could be for that as well. 

Bigfoot stilts could work for an icon, if a reaper is used. 

On on a side note, I can see how each rumored zone can be placed into a Legion of Horror. While stifled by corporate and marketing demands, A&D is still trying to touch on lore. 

I have to applaud them.

• Like 1