HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

54 minutes ago, b-wolf95 said:

So, pretty much everything except the stuff related to the icon has been leaked, am I right?

If so, now the wait will be even worse for me, because now the announcements me nothing to me.

Maybe there's still more to spec on...

Given HHNManics two clues for Festival of the Dead (culture and day), I'm assuming the belief is Day of the Dead theme?

There's a far more simplistic answer for a zone by that name. 

Also, considering everyone's talk regarding a DOTD themed zone or house, I'm surprised Esqueleto Muerte hasn't been mentioned. 

2 hours ago, wow said:

Since Scream is never gonna happen, do you think we could ever get a maze based off of Scary Movie? Also, maybe the Vampire maze is the return of Castle Vampyr, *i might be wrong but* there was a lore about that house that said the vampires return every 13 years(house was in '04, it's now '17)

Castle Vampyr had a sequel back in 2007 Vampyr Blood Bath and from there they didn't continue it, it would be cool to return to Castle Vampyr, I've heard that house was really cool back then in 2004, I've experienced Vampyr Blood Bath but it wasn't nothing as what I heard Castle Vampyr was like. 

8 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Castle Vampyr had a sequel back in 2007 Vampyr Blood Bath and from there they didn't continue it, it would be cool to return to Castle Vampyr, I've heard that house was really cool back then in 2004, I've experienced Vampyr Blood Bath but it wasn't nothing as what I heard Castle Vampyr was like. 

Castle Vampyr is legendary.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HHNManics said:

No I don't I know it's centered around the festival of the dead. Honestly this all should be easy but I have to baby feed it

Scare Zones:

Carve = Trick R Treat 

Time = Purge

Phenomenon = 50s Sci-fi 

Culture = Festival of The Dead

Icon = Unknown

Maze:

NIGHT = Original Vampire Maze

FYI - if you want to play the hint game that can be fun for both you and those of us "not in the know", that's great.  But don't post hints and then get upset at the first "wrong" guess and then insult everybody's intelligence by saying you have to "baby feedi" it to them.  Or just blurt it out and be done with it.  But don't give out clues and be shocked when an hour later people haven't figured them all out. 

EDIT:  Doing my daily morning forum check for news and checked here, posted this, then went over to OU (or whatever it's called now) and see that Legacy beat me to punch about this very topic.  Will leave it here anyway.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 7

39 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

FYI - if you want to play the hint game that can be fun for both you and those of us "not in the know", that's great.  But don't post hints and then get upset at the first "wrong" guess and then insult everybody's intelligence by saying you have to "baby feedi" it to them.  Or just blurt it out and be done with it.  But don't give out clues and be shocked when an hour later people haven't figured them all out. 

That been a prevalent attitude around here for years. There is always at least one person per year like that. Always an "insider" with "connections". 

• Like 1

Just now, HHNManics said:

Apparently on OU the Original Vampire Maze is called "Vamp 74".

Ok so now I'm %100 expecting a disco ball to be in there somewhere; also would this be the first year for two scarezones to become mazes(Bayou and Vamp)?

27 minutes ago, wow said:

Ok so now I'm %100 expecting a disco ball to be in there somewhere; also would this be the first year for two scarezones to become mazes(Bayou and Vamp)?

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/Saws_N'_Steam

became

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/Saws_N'_Steam:_Into_the_Machine

Might be others, but busy at work so can't recall :)

6 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I think the "Vamp 74" might have been a joke. 

But the "Conjuring with vampires" is probably accurate.

I actually heard something that could fit that category as I heard the Vampire Original will retain the 70s aesthetics but altered slightly.

• Like 2

New Day, New Map

HHN%2027%20Spec%20Map_2.png~original

This is a FAN MADE map based on the CURRENT speculation. A few things may be inaccurate but it will be changing and adjusting throughout the next few months as more info comes in.

• Like 5

So here's my opinion on the scarezones, I think they all sound pretty good. I'd maybe prefer not to have the Purge again BUT it was such a great zone last time and they've added even more characters that we haven't seen yet to the line up since Election Year came out so I'm fine with it. All the original ones sound beat to me so no problem there. 

My main concern is actually Trick r Treat. For years I've wanted it at the event but never once did I think as only a scarezone. Will it work as one, yes. Especially in Central Park where they can bring back the pumpkins. However I just personally feel like it's just such a wasted opportunity to make a great house with some great locations. For this reason alone I really hope that this one is wrong and maybe it's just a generic Halloween zone or maybe a sequel the The Skoolhouse from 2008. 

• Like 4

On 6/9/2017 at 5:48 AM, RevFreako said:

Crit has access to the same evidence I do -- more, in fact. This is not a debate.

The lady doth protest too much. Posting someone's license plate, or any other personal information, is absolutely inappropriate behavior, and shouldn't be allowed on any reputable forum. Don't bother responding - I don't wish to interact further with someone who takes up as much space defending being a creep as you do, and will therefore be blocking you. Be well.

Oh don't worry, would not respond for you but the rest of this forum and that was your first mistake, to think this was a reputable place.

Guess our interpretation of being a "Creep" is vastly different. Never one to assume but I highly doubt this individual was a victim of an actual stalker and simply wants to swing around his high and mighty sword. Blocking anyone won't stop the behavior that you describe and I am fully against. Gotta relax man.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

So here's my opinion on the scarezones, I think they all sound pretty good. I'd maybe prefer not to have the Purge again BUT it was such a great zone last time and they've added even more characters that we haven't seen yet to the line up since Election Year came out so I'm fine with it. All the original ones sound beat to me so no problem there. 

My main concern is actually Trick r Treat. For years I've wanted it at the event but never once did I think as only a scarezone. Will it work as one, yes. Especially in Central Park where they can bring back the pumpkins. However I just personally feel like it's just such a wasted opportunity to make a great house with some great locations. For this reason alone I really hope that this one is wrong and maybe it's just a generic Halloween zone or maybe a sequel the The Skoolhouse from 2008. 

Skoolhouse in 08 was a tribute/homage to TRT.

My gut instinct is that there is a little confusion going on and TRT is actually a return of the Traditionals from 2012 or we are revisiting the Skoolhouse. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Skoolhouse in 08 was a tribute/homage to TRT.

My gut instinct is that there is a little confusion going on and TRT is actually a return of the Traditionals from 2012 or we are revisiting the Skoolhouse. 

TRT came out in '09. But revisiting the Skoolhouse = YAAYYESSSS

(Whatever the case, I hope it's an excuse to fill Central Park with jack o lanterns again.)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

Give me ALL the jack o lanterns in Central Park! Just from the speculation, this year is giving me some good classic Halloween vibes and I'm loving it so much. The new horror is great and all, but classic Halloween just feels so nostalgic and wonderful. I might need to throw some bite sized candy bars in my bag to snack on during the event. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

TRT came out in '09. But revisiting the Skoolhouse = YAAYYESSSS

(Whatever the case, I hope it's an excuse to fill Central Park with jack o lanterns again.)

The first screening for TRT was December 9th, 2007. The movie never got a major theater release.

The movie was well-known amongst horror enthusiasts prior to its DVD release in 2009. 

I need to find vids to remind myself, but if memory serves the cast change with the bus was copied from a scene in the movie. 

• Like 2