HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

5 hours ago, timbo8 said:

well lady death was there mary

If they retcon Mary, I'd rather her be removed from her mirror. There was great potential in Dr. Agana. 

What I'd like to see what I've always suggested. Mary Resurrected. A play on Resurrection Mary as well as Mary not being stuck in her Mary world anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, _Veritas_ said:

Well, there was def a lack of guns. I mean I think GT had a few (could be wrong) but other areas where you'd kind of expect them (I.E Survive or Die, Walking Dead (can't remember seeing any in videos, as I myself didn't go?) they were absent. I remember a Purge zone being heavily speculated last year but people believed it was scrapped because of the tragic event. 

I got that spot in GT where every scare actor popped out in my face and I'm pretty sure I had a few guns pop out at me but they seemed like those long toy wooden guns

4 hours ago, Tich0las said:

Question for scareactors: is it always nearly impossible to get an audition spot? Universal said auditions open online for June 27th today at 4 PM. I refresh and refresh only to find nothing - UNTIL 4:31 a message appears saying audition is at capacity. So frustrating.

Per some of my regular scareactor friends, the 'outside' auditions are booked up because they changed the way that returning TMs signed up for theirs and those spots ran out quicker than usual. So now people who would usually go to those internal auditions are now having to snag these spots. 

It took me a couple of rounds to score a spot last year, too. (I didn't end up getting picked, either)

7 hours ago, TheLadyGator said:

I know this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I think Universal will probably wait to announce something till this week is fully over. While I'm really hoping we get an announcement really soon,  I live in Orlando and know Pulse and the victims have been present in people's minds all week (vigils, concerts, social media posts, memorials). I know that Universal won't want to come off as insensitive. I mean, they removed Cindy as an icon because of a child abduction.... Maybe next week? 

Last year a lot more dates opened up all at once. Auditions even continued until August, mainly for Leatherface mostly. This year is very different because the sign up for auditions do not have more than one date at a time. I feel they are doing that this year so if they finalize a cast they can get to work on the next step and not scrambling for actors. 

28 minutes ago, MoonKnight said:

Has there been any mention of a VR house or experience (whatever you want to call it) this year? I didn't go last year, but sounded interesting to me.  I remember the reviews being kind of hit or miss, either you loved it or hated. 

I was told on the phone 2 weeks ago that it will be coming back this year. I'm not sure why or how Guest Services knows this, or if it's even true. But that is what I was told. 

22 minutes ago, HHN Monster said:

I was told on the phone 2 weeks ago that it will be coming back this year. I'm not sure why or how Guest Services knows this, or if it's even true. But that is what I was told. 

Seems like we would've heard something by now that's why I asked. If its coming back does that count as one of the 9 houses or will it be a bonus house?

Any timeline for when Rush of Fear usually sells out? It's what I normally get, but there is a chance I might get cast as something important in a local musical and if I'm important than I can't miss rehearsal to go  to HHN early and in be stuck in November or late October.

7 hours ago, MoonKnight said:

Seems like we would've heard something by now that's why I asked. If its coming back does that count as one of the 9 houses or will it be a bonus house?

If it comes back, it will be a bonus house, because you have to pay separately for it. 

On 6/13/2017 at 10:20 AM, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Damn I was so ready for disco vampires 

74 is too early for disco. Disco vampires would be more like Vamp 78 with John Travolta Saturday Night Fever vampires and Village People Vampires at Studio 54!!!!

Vamp 74 could have been funky blaxploitation vampire pimps vs. kung fu werewolves!!!! 

• Like 3

On 6/14/2017 at 9:34 AM, mystiquephreeq said:

Marketing is either more inept or more clever than I thought. 

They are obviously using a play on (Don't Fear) The Reaper. 

Inept: Icon is a reaperesque character. You shouldn't tell people not to fear the icon of a horror event. 

Clever: Remember I mentioned the roses linking to Mary. She also wanted people not to fear. Maybe they are retconning her into a Lady Death character. 

At the risk of messing with your head even more.. the girl in the song is named Mary.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

At the risk of messing with your head even more.. the girl in the song is named Mary.

good old dr jmmy hey good doctor do you think the rumor day of dead scarezone is going to be like one singapore  had at hhn6?

Does anyone know the listed times for event dates? I couldn't seem to find them on the website. Typically the first weekend or two HHN is only opened until midnight as opposed to 2am, but I didn't see anything to confirm that is the case again.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

74 is too early for disco. Disco vampires would be more like Vamp 78 with John Travolta Saturday Night Fever vampires and Village People Vampires at Studio 54!!!!

Vamp 74 could have been funky blaxploitation vampire pimps vs. kung fu werewolves!!!! 

Throw a dash of vamp Ziggy Stardust for good measure

14 hours ago, Alice said:

Per some of my regular scareactor friends, the 'outside' auditions are booked up because they changed the way that returning TMs signed up for theirs and those spots ran out quicker than usual. So now people who would usually go to those internal auditions are now having to snag these spots. 

It took me a couple of rounds to score a spot last year, too. (I didn't end up getting picked, either)

Sorry to hear you weren't picked. Based on last year, are they going to have auditions every two weeks for a while? I have a performance July 11th, so I can't sign up for that day. 

It's been a bummer trying to get an audition since two weeks ago I was in NYC and logged on too late. Then I had to schedule off work the 27th in case I did get a spot - only to get nothing. I managed to get in the stand by line before it closed, so we'll see.  

Edited by Tich0las

20 minutes ago, wow said:

So just looking at the lineup, it doesn't really look like there's any dark humor or comedy house this year

If they actually do Ash vs. Evil Dead, it will be.  If they call it Ash vs. Evil Dead but make it evil dead 2 like people here are saying (which I have no idea why they would do that and piss off fans), then no.  

10 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

Sorry to hear you weren't picked. Based on last year, are they going to have auditions every two weeks for a while? I have a performance July 11th, so I can't sign up for that day. 

It's been a bummer trying to get an audition since two weeks ago I was in NYC and logged on too late. Then I had to schedule off work the 27th in case I did get a spot - only to get nothing. I managed to get in the stand by line before it closed, so we'll see.  

I ended up getting called for a full-time job here a few weeks later so it all worked out for me, lol. 

I believe they do end up scheduling more auditions as needed. Not sure on the timeframe. I hope you're able to get into one!

• Like 1

Edit: Disregard. Didn't pay close enough attention to the Twitter account and thought this was pertaining to Orlando.

So I guess this confirms that the house will be Roanoke only? Weren't we thinking originally that it would be all the seasons that weren't included last year?

Edited by Sledge

4 minutes ago, Sledge said:
So I guess this confirms that the house will be Roanoke only? Weren't we thinking originally that it would be all the seasons that weren't included last year?

This is Hollywood, Orlando was already announced. Hollywood will be only Roanoke, yes.

Edited by UUOPDarren
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Only Hollywood is getting Roanoke.  We are getting Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UUOPDarren said:

This is Hollywood, Orlando was already announced. Hollywood will be only Roanoke, yes.

1 minute ago, HHN Monster said:

Only Hollywood is getting Roanoke.  We are getting Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke. 

My mistake. I knew we were getting AHS, but didn't know it had been confirmed which season. Just noticed this on the website...

This all-new house will feature brand new content from Season 2: Asylum, Season 3: Coven and Season 6: Roanoke. And to really blow it out, we're using our largest floor plan—aka our uber-maze—to bring to life the three incredibly detailed seasons.