HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

45 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I am thrilled you went that route!  The Rush of Fear with Express is, by far, the best deal if you are traveling for the event and can only travel once.  Smart move.  Plus, 30 is a big deal!  You should be celebrating properly!  Happy birthday, late!

So, which weekend are you going?  Just curious if I'll be around at the same time or not.  I already owe Critical a beer, so I figured I'd offer you a celebratory pint for your bday.  I have a fondness for the Brits.  My wife and I just returned from 11 days in England (London, Manchester and York) and pretty much didn't want to leave. It was at the suggestion of two Brits who we met at HHN a couple years ago that we visited York which we LOVED.  I wish I could find those guys again and tell them thanks.  

Anyway, have a fabulous time, Matt. You're gonna love it!

Cheers mate, birthday was in January so it's a very belated celebration!

Glad you enjoyed your time in the UK. York is lovely (lived there a few years before moving to London) and great pubs too. 

To to be honest I have no idea what nights we are doing. Going with my crazy Canadian friend and we need a game plan, but she's more into Disney (I haven't told her there's a Disney Halloween thing otherwise I'll be dragged there haha). We miss the first three nights but in town for the last seven of the rush of fear ticket so timing works out pretty great. I reckon we'll probably do two full nights, then maybe one or two more coupled with citywalk for food/drinks after. That should be enough to do everything right?

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Glad you enjoyed your time in the UK. York is lovely (lived there a few years before moving to London) and great pubs too. 

To to be honest I have no idea what nights we are doing. Going with my crazy Canadian friend and we need a game plan, but she's more into Disney (I haven't told her there's a Disney Halloween thing otherwise I'll be dragged there haha). We miss the first three nights but in town for the last seven of the rush of fear ticket so timing works out pretty great. I reckon we'll probably do two full nights, then maybe one or two more coupled with citywalk for food/drinks after. That should be enough to do everything right?

Plan on two full nights for sure.. and then you'll be addicted.. and you'll tell City Walk to piss off because you won't want to leave.  As long as you're physically going to be there for the last seven of the ROF, you have the ability to play with the timing a bit.  

You lived in York?  What a great little city.  Spent some time in the Black Swan pub and did the Original Ghost Tour.  Loved it.  The Shambles looks like Diagon Alley come to life.  

3 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Dude your preferences are confusing AF. Have you been around fraternity brothers lately? It would be like if the Purge kids from the first movie grew fangs and were more rowdy and drunk. No thank you. 

Anyways, ForeverEvil1 is probably right, they probably wanted to wait until everything the Pulse memorial has settled down to announce anything. 

I'm a fan of fraternities.

2 hours ago, Pandry said:

I'm usually in your camp with most of your comments.  But it always makes me laugh how you love the campy stuff!  Though I can deal with the annual "comedy" house they typically do, I'd much rather have hardcore serious stuff.

Haha, i LOVE the campy stuff :) You're right!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

If you are getting ROF+Express don't make a newbie mistake of using the Express when there is no line.  I do a facepalm every year when I see people enter HHN early only to use their Express passes when there is a 0 min wait in the regular line.  And these people realize they can only use the Express one time per house. 

Hunnylvr, I'm probably going the 2nd weekend, when they have a Thursday during ROF. 

Edited by zombieman

11 hours ago, UsherBscary said:

That would be Muppet Treasure Island, duh!  ;)

Blind Pierre from that movie should be this year's icon.  Holy shit was he scary

I stand corrected. Long john silver > dr frankenfurter. 

However my cousins still swear alien encounter was the scariest thing ever....

Edited by Drummanmatt
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I am thrilled you went that route!  The Rush of Fear with Express is, by far, the best deal if you are traveling for the event and can only travel once.  Smart move.  Plus, 30 is a big deal!  You should be celebrating properly!  Happy birthday, late!

So, which weekend are you going?  Just curious if I'll be around at the same time or not.  I already owe Critical a beer, so I figured I'd offer you a celebratory pint for your bday.  I have a fondness for the Brits.  My wife and I just returned from 11 days in England (London, Manchester and York) and pretty much didn't want to leave. It was at the suggestion of two Brits who we met at HHN a couple years ago that we visited York which we LOVED.  I wish I could find those guys again and tell them thanks.  

Anyway, have a fabulous time, Matt. You're gonna love it!

BTW, agree on Saw... I mean, who gives a shit about Saw anymore?  They ruined it, IMO, by making so many movies, and I don't think it translates to a good house.

I wonder if this was us? We always tell people to get out of London and visit the north as there are some amazing places. York especially and it's not too far away from us. 

56 minutes ago, Speechless_UK said:

I wonder if this was us? We always tell people to get out of London and visit the north as there are some amazing places. York especially and it's not too far away from us. 

My maternal grandma was from Northampton. Which I was constantly corrected in pronunciation. "Its Norff Ampton!". Beautiful country and cool people. Our brothers across the pond. Cool to see so many embrace the HHN lifestyle!

1 hour ago, Speechless_UK said:

REALLY???   I vividly remember this convo... two British guys we talked to outside the bathrooms by Men in Black.  It was one of the years we had AWIL, I"m pretty sure.  I think we mentioned we loved the UK, and the reply was something along the lines of - if you get back to the UK, you MUST go to York.  It's the most haunted city.. or something like that.  So, I took that seriously and made note.  And the recommendation was spot on.  

If this was you - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I truly love this community.  I've made some great friends here.

Back to topic at hand - when do you all think the next announcement is coming?  Compared to last year, we are severely lacking in this area.  In a couple days, we will be exactly 3 months away.  That really isn't that long.

Marketing is either more inept or more clever than I thought. 

They are obviously using a play on (Don't Fear) The Reaper. 

Inept: Icon is a reaperesque character. You shouldn't tell people not to fear the icon of a horror event. 

Clever: Remember I mentioned the roses linking to Mary. She also wanted people not to fear. Maybe they are retconning her into a Lady Death character. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

I wasn't in one. 

Hell no, the movie sucks.

Well f*ck, I agree with you. Are we sure there are no flying pigs?

I'm itching for information at this point, but as someone mentioned before I get that UO would have wanted to avoid HHN press around this time.

Fingers crossed we get a reveal soon. I'm waiting on more reveals before booking my mother's flights to come down. She decided she wants to go. She's never even watched a horror movie. It'll be interesting!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

REALLY???   I vividly remember this convo... two British guys we talked to outside the bathrooms by Men in Black.  It was one of the years we had AWIL, I"m pretty sure.  I think we mentioned we loved the UK, and the reply was something along the lines of - if you get back to the UK, you MUST go to York.  It's the most haunted city.. or something like that.  So, I took that seriously and made note.  And the recommendation was spot on.  

If this was you - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I truly love this community.  I've made some great friends here.

Back to topic at hand - when do you all think the next announcement is coming?  Compared to last year, we are severely lacking in this area.  In a couple days, we will be exactly 3 months away.  That really isn't that long.

I know this is the Orlando forum, but this might relate to you guys too because John Murdy(Hollywood's Aiello) confirmed Hollywood's getting an announcement within days, and Orlando keeps saying they're getting one "soon". So maybe a shared announcement of idk Evil Dead or Blumhouse?

54 minutes ago, wow said:

I know this is the Orlando forum, but this might relate to you guys too because John Murdy(Hollywood's Aiello) confirmed Hollywood's getting an announcement within days, and Orlando keeps saying they're getting one "soon". So maybe a shared announcement of idk Evil Dead or Blumhouse?

Yea I was thinking the same, at least the first few announcements should be at the same time for both so when Murdy said mid-june i've been expecting one, maybe Friday? 

I hope they announce the icon with this next announcement lol 

2 minutes ago, elhev said:

Yea I was thinking the same, at least the first few announcements should be at the same time for both so when Murdy said mid-june i've been expecting one, maybe Friday? 

I hope they announce the icon with this next announcement lol 

They'll probably do a joint announcement of Icon and Icon House

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Marketing is either more inept or more clever than I thought. 

They are obviously using a play on (Don't Fear) The Reaper. 

Inept: Icon is a reaperesque character. You shouldn't tell people not to fear the icon of a horror event. 

Clever: Remember I mentioned the roses linking to Mary. She also wanted people not to fear. Maybe they are retconning her into a Lady Death character. 

well lady death was there mary

Edited by timbo8
  • Like 1

I know this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I think Universal will probably wait to announce something till this week is fully over. While I'm really hoping we get an announcement really soon,  I live in Orlando and know Pulse and the victims have been present in people's minds all week (vigils, concerts, social media posts, memorials). I know that Universal won't want to come off as insensitive. I mean, they removed Cindy as an icon because of a child abduction.... Maybe next week? 

Edited by TheLadyGator
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^I was wondering if they were going to de-gore the event last year because of Pulse (ala 2001).

Well, there was def a lack of guns. I mean I think GT had a few (could be wrong) but other areas where you'd kind of expect them (I.E Survive or Die, Walking Dead (can't remember seeing any in videos, as I myself didn't go?) they were absent. I remember a Purge zone being heavily speculated last year but people believed it was scrapped because of the tragic event. 

Edited by _Veritas_

Question for scareactors: is it always nearly impossible to get an audition spot? Universal said auditions open online for June 27th today at 4 PM. I refresh and refresh only to find nothing - UNTIL 4:31 a message appears saying audition is at capacity. So frustrating.

2 hours ago, _Veritas_ said:

Well, there was def a lack of guns. I mean I think GT had a few (could be wrong) but other areas where you'd kind of expect them (I.E Survive or Die, Walking Dead (can't remember seeing any in videos, as I myself didn't go?) they were absent. I remember a Purge zone being heavily speculated last year but people believed it was scrapped because of the tragic event. 

Didn't the Orlando house have Big Daddy?  The house was so meh that I forgot most of it.