Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Of course most of you are going to attend the event, but I don't think making the clues so vague that the answers could be anything really helped hype up the event. Everyone pretty much just gave up right away. He could have made them at least a bit easier so that instead of 100 possible correct answers per clue, maybe there is only a couple dozen. I keep hearing about people being burnt out or not having time anymore... This is supposed to be a fun thing to do. I see the codes/clues as an event separate from the actual event, kinda like a bonus thing to do beforehand while waiting until the Fall. Making the clues so ridiculously vague took the fun out of it really. So what if he made it easier and we guess the houses correctly? Nothing is official until they actually announce it. Speculation this year has been awfully uneventful. On the East Coast, someone spills the list in April and on the West Coast no one is even bothering to speculate on Murdy's clues because they are too vague. What a waste of a whole season... sad.

Some time ago, there was mention of the potential use of Jurassic World as a house. At the time, I thought the idea was ludicrous due to the fact that most of the dinos were so large and it would probably cost a fortune to recreate for use in a house. After seeing the film however, I think it probably could be pulled off. It would still be costly, but it would be cool if they tried it. I'm not sure I'd consider Jurassic World a horror film though, and it has been ruled out as the "outside the box" code name. There is a chance it could fit into the code name that Insidious is currently tied into though, but very unlikely.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Non-clue related but he also posted the original maze lineup for 2012... Pretty much the same except swap Silent Hill for Texas in Mummy and put AWIL in JP Queue..

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you didn't get AWiL in 2012, you got it last year.

Imagine if you got it again this year... how would that make you feel?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you didn't get AWiL in 2012, you got it last year.

Imagine if you got it again this year... how would that make you feel?

We got it last year, I'm just saying it was originally earmarked for 2012 per Murdy's notes on Twitter

I have to say, this is the first year I have not cared much for speculation. While I'm still a fan if the event, that's part if the reason I've not been keeping up with the codenames. My priorities are changing, I have bigger fish to fry in my life, and I'm just more focused on the parks in general honestly.

I'll get more excited as September draws near, but gone are the days I would obsess over the event, codenames, and construction. In fact, when I went to USH today in hopes of getting a soft for F&F, (No dice on that BTW), I forgot that there was construction going on in JP! I think I'm just getting burnt out on obsessing over an event that I'm going to check out and enjoy anyway. I think me and DTH are on the same boat here.

This will be my first year flying over from Orlando to visit Hollywood's event, and I couldn't be happier that only 3 of the mazes are agreed to be happening (TWD, Insidious and Krampus) out of the 7. I'm burnt out on spec this year as well, not because of not obsessing over it anymore, but because on the Orlando side it's just not fun anymore. We had the house lineup in freaking MARCH, and most of it is predictable. TWD again, Insidious, Anniversary house, couple sequels, couple originals, and then the lonestar is Scream. Spec is a lot different nowadays, but I'm always hyped for the event.

I'm still honestly shocked there's been no more info than what's already out there. I mean I know you guys don't have the sources Orlando does, but it's never this dry of info.

This will be my first year flying over from Orlando to visit Hollywood's event, and I couldn't be happier that only 3 of the mazes are agreed to be happening (TWD, Insidious and Krampus) out of the 7. I'm burnt out on spec this year as well, not because of not obsessing over it anymore, but because on the Orlando side it's just not fun anymore. We had the house lineup in freaking MARCH, and most of it is predictable. TWD again, Insidious, Anniversary house, couple sequels, couple originals, and then the lonestar is Scream. Spec is a lot different nowadays, but I'm always hyped for the event.

I'm still honestly shocked there's been no more info than what's already out there. I mean I know you guys don't have the sources Orlando does, but it's never this dry of info.

Now kind of thinking about I'm surprised almost every year Orlando's line up is leaked and no one ever does anything the next year about it.

I just like speculating the other way by based on property instead this year's clue which seems to be taking us the long road to the answer but that's just me.

I feel like Jurassic World if not the non horror maze could be a scarezone.

Well... Since announcements will be coming along, I mine as well put my list together of final guesses.

1. Post Punk... most likely Insidious from what I read earlier. A miniscule chance it could be Jurassic World due to the Flintstones.

2. Rock Festival... I'm thinking it has to be TWD (maybe even Fear).

3. Name Game... That Halloween match seems decent, but it also could have something to do with a circus. (Love is a show done by Cirque du Soleil and Barnum is a musical that won a Tony)

4. I think Murdy said it wasn't Alice in Wonderland, and he might be telling the truth, because it could actually be Alice's Adventures in Wonderland or maybe even Through the Looking Glass. Both books were written by Lewis Carroll, who just happens to be on the cover of the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover. We're getting Alice in Orlando and you guys are getting it too (unless you don't).

This is kinda funny. I'm going to guess this isn't the connection to 1967. Then again, maybe it is.

I think that chick needs a few more tabs.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Non-clue houses...

1. Universal Classic Monsters

2. Scream

3. Krampus or maybe even The Ring (I wonder if they could get the rights?)

I wonder if he would ever consider Paranormal Activity as a worthy franchise to run with? The 1st film is 1 of the most successful films of all time.

Non-clue houses...

1. Universal Classic Monsters

2. Scream

3. Krampus or maybe even The Ring (I wonder if they could get the rights?)

I wonder if he would ever consider Paranormal Activity as a worthy franchise to run with? The 1st film is 1 of the most successful films of all time.

I forgot about the classic monsters. It makes sense, especially if this may be his last year.

PA on the other hand seems like a long shot just because of the difficulty of having a maze with an antagonist that's never shown on screen.

My lineup.

Post Punk- Insidious ch. 3

Rock Festival- Walking Dead

Name Game 2.0- Halloween

1967- Alice in Wonderland

Sinister

Krampus or Dark Christmas

Haven't determined a third blind speculation maze.

If murdy is pushing time sensitivity and a sequel to Carpenter's Halloween is in the works dont hold your breath on Halloween.

Murdy eliminated Scream already.

VV

VV

VV

He already denied Alice in wonderland was coming so I doubt it's the out of the box maze. Also he said he needed help to get whatever the property is. Alice is public domain so that wouldn't be necessary.

This is what he said,

Horror Nights@HorrorNights Mar 6

It's something I've been secretly working on getting for a couple years with a little help from our "friends." Looks like it will happen now

21 retweets54 favorites
Retweeted21
Favorited54
More

Unless you're talking about something else, "the friends" could be Universal Orlando teaming up and sharing. Did he ever say that the "outside the box" won't be shared? If so, show the text.

And "With A Little Help From My Friends" is a song off Sgt. Pepper, which was released in 67, which features Lewis Carroll on the album cover, who wrote those 2 books mentioned earlier.

Idk any other parts of the clue, but it all lines up if you really wanted it to. Definitely don't think it's the out of the box maze or the one that tweet refers to. Too much of a stretch, and he wouldn't have to try for years to get it. It's public domain.

Completely blind speculation on the house list:

1. TWD 4.0 (100% on this, obviously.)

2. Insidious Chapter 3 (Also 100% on this.)

3. Krampus, or Dark Christmas original (90% on this.)

4. Alice in Wonderland 3D (40% on this. The clues are there to back it up with 1967, but idk if he wants to do it.) Or maybe Alice Cooper? Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy?

5. Out of the box maze (not even gonna try and guess this one.)

6. "classic" movie maze, along the lines of Halloween or AWiL. Could be Halloween, but don't know for sure so leaving it vague.

7. Hispanic maze, maybe IP based, maybe not. Seems like they have one every year, considering the high demographic of Hispanics in South California.

Edited by foREVer56

And "With A Little Help From My Friends" is a song off Sgt. Pepper, which was released in 67, which features Lewis Carroll on the album cover, who wrote those 2 books mentioned earlier.

Idk any other parts of the clue, but it all lines up if you really wanted it to. Definitely don't think it's the out of the box maze or the one that tweet refers to. Too much of a stretch, and he wouldn't have to try for years to get it. It's public domain.

1967 is "out of the box"

He never mentioned that he couldn't get the rights for it, from what I've seen. People assumed that's what he meant when he said , "working on getting". If someone finds the tweets please post them. Working on getting could mean many other things besides rights. For instance, maybe there is a certain 3d artist he wanted to bring in for paint or maybe he needs certain props that weren't on hand. Maybe they wanted him to release it along with Orlando, but things didn't work out until now. Hell... maybe it's Alice Cooper in Wonderland. Who knows?