Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

It could still end up being Halloween just connected differently. Odds are probably not but it could. And I've got nothing. I forgot my handy dandy HHN notebook (don't judge me it keeps me organized for spec) 

Halloween is not gonna happen...If there is gonna be a sequel in the next year or so there is no reason for it there is no reason for it this year.

So I haven't paid attention to any real speculation this entire time, but what are people's guesses for this year? Like a list, not necessarily attached to a codename. Just the IP's.

Insidious Chapter 3

The Walking Dead/Fear The Walking Dead (Maze Only)

Crimson Peak

Krampus

those are the most likely...

FVJ, Scream, AWIL and Halloween have been ruled out. Anything else we have not really come to any conclusion (We can't say likely or not).

Edited by Grindhousehero13

Too me this is shaping out to look like a pretty bad year full of repeats. Idk what it is though but this year I just feel that HHN is loosing it's luster on me. I remember feeling anticipation day after day for an announcement and now it's just meh. Anyway here's how I see the lineup

Insidious

The Walking Dead

Crimson Peak

Cooper in Wonderland or Terminator

Krampus

Idk the rest, Sinister? FDTD? Hannibal? AVP? 

I felt like last year sucked so this one could have all the greats that weren't out last year, but are out now. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's going that way (but we are fairly clueless on what the IP's could be. Too bad I don't have much faith on being surprised).

But I've also gotten the vibe that a lot of people aren't too into it anymore. Here on the forums, not a lot of guessing, just waiting. Seems like a lot more interest in participating in the event rather than attending. Both my friend and I wouldn't have (and still won't be, since we could still not get the job), if we didn't make it through auditions. I'd focus on school and he'd just get another job. Lol.

Kinda sad. ):

Too me this is shaping out to look like a pretty bad year full of repeats. Idk what it is though but this year I just feel that HHN is loosing it's luster on me. I remember feeling anticipation day after day for an announcement and now it's just meh. Anyway here's how I see the lineup

Insidious

The Walking Dead

Crimson Peak

Cooper in Wonderland or Terminator

Krampus

Idk the rest, Sinister? FDTD? Hannibal? AVP? 

What repeats? Insidious would have to be based on 3 since it would be kinda dumb to pay for use of 1&2 when Universal owns 3. While  maybe a key scene here or there might be used as filler (though thats up in the air) it would not be a repeat. TWD while you can argue Zombies each maze have been different with the only repetitiveness coming from the Terror Tram, but that has been dealt with...what else is giving you the vibe of repetitiveness? Even so 2 out 7 is not an overwhelming number just hold up and wait before you condemn the year.

But I've also gotten the vibe that a lot of people aren't too into it anymore. Here on the forums, not a lot of guessing, just waiting. Seems like a lot more interest in participating in the event rather than attending. Both my friend and I wouldn't have (and still won't be, since we could still not get the job), if we didn't make it through auditions. I'd focus on school and he'd just get another job. Lol.

Kinda sad. ):

Well I have been speculating the way we used to speculate before the code names. Murdy has all but flat out admit that the codenames are a wild goose chase, on twitter someone asked him about the forums and he replied if we "Have given up yet" or how far we are off on the code names. With how many times we figured out codenames, figured out maze without code names and various leaks it is no surprise he went hard core to keep us from figuring out ahead of time, It's busy work otherwise why would he put red herrings in the clues? You don't win anything. So going around Murdy's codewords is the most sane way in my mind to figure out the year, separate Murdy's tweets about the codewords themselves, look at what properties are being released, what IP's are crowd pleasers, who wants to work with Murdy, who does Murdy want to work with ect ect. 

The problem is not that people are guessing, it is that SOME people here are upset that we are not getting Jack, FVJ, Scream ect and that Orlando's leak had nothing to do with Hollywood. After that nobody wanted to add on to speculation earlier in the year I brought up Krampus, Rides brought up Crimson Peaks and Hannibal, and Insidious 3 and TWD had been generally thought to be contenders since last year's speculation. 

Updated boy band list... I think it's going to be New Kids on the Block. Or maybe... we still use Halloween since Michael was in the band Boyz II Men? The same Michael was also in New Edition from the 80's.

New Kids on the Block - Jonathan, Jordan, Joey, Donnie, Danny

Boyz II Men (maybe) - Nathan, Shawn, Wanya and Michael, Marc (past)

NSync - Chris, Joey, Justin, Lance, Joshua (JC)

Backstreet Boys - Howie, Nick, Kevin, Brian, Alexander

98 Degrees - Nick, Drew, Justin, Jeff

*New Edition (before Boyz II Men)  - Ricky, Michael, Bobby, Ronnie, Johnny, Ralph (they formed in 78, but weren't very popular until the 80's)

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Well I have been speculating the way we used to speculate before the code names. Murdy has all but flat out admit that the codenames are a wild goose chase, on twitter someone asked him about the forums and he replied if we "Have given up yet" or how far we are off on the code names. With how many times we figured out codenames, figured out maze without code names and various leaks it is no surprise he went hard core to keep us from figuring out ahead of time, It's busy work otherwise why would he put red herrings in the clues? You don't win anything. So going around Murdy's codewords is the most sane way in my mind to figure out the year, separate Murdy's tweets about the codewords themselves, look at what properties are being released, what IP's are crowd pleasers, who wants to work with Murdy, who does Murdy want to work with ect ect. 

The problem is not that people are guessing, it is that SOME people here are upset that we are not getting Jack, FVJ, Scream ect and that Orlando's leak had nothing to do with Hollywood. After that nobody wanted to add on to speculation earlier in the year I brought up Krampus, Rides brought up Crimson Peaks and Hannibal, and Insidious 3 and TWD had been generally thought to be contenders since last year's speculation. 

Well, maybe it's not the forum's fault, but the it's still turned out that we aren't too into it. I was generalizing in my original post. And this one.

Edited by Kurseddragon

I'm starting to suspect, after reading Murdy's tweets, that the Terror Tram is going to be Ash Vs. Evil Dead. Heard some rumor on IU that the Terror Tram is doing a theme we have seen before. Since there's no originals this year, I think this is it. 

I'm starting to suspect, after reading Murdy's tweets, that the Terror Tram is going to be Ash Vs. Evil Dead. Heard some rumor on IU that the Terror Tram is doing a theme we have seen before. Since there's no originals this year, I think this is it. 

I feel like this would be pretty awesome, depending on how the show turns out

• Like 1

Well, maybe it's not the forum's fault, but the it's still turned out that we aren't too into it. I was generalizing in my original post. And this one.

I know, I was just saying how for some reason some people just decided base their speculation on Orlando instead of speculating on our stuff. 

Side note: I still find it bizarre that people are complaining about two repeat IPs but still wanted Scream, FVJ, and Halloween. Hell if two returning properties that are only repeats in name are pissing people off then add 3 more repeats and it makes everything better?

so according to two users on IU this is our line up 

Nothing scream time sensitivity like "This Is The End" can't wait  to be scared by James Franco... Next year, The Interview: Escape from Kim Jung Un's Palace in 3D.

I know, I was just saying how for some reason some people just decided base their speculation on Orlando instead of speculating on our stuff. 

Side note: I still find it bizarre that people are complaining about two repeat IPs but still wanted Scream, FVJ, and Halloween. Hell if two returning properties that are only repeats in name are pissing people off then add 3 more repeats and it makes everything better?

Nothing scream time sensitivity like "This Is The End" can't wait  to be scared by James Franco... Next year, The Interview: Escape from Kim Jung Un's Palace in 3D.

I find that odd as well. 

Um, well that fucked up everything. Kinda hoping this isn't 100% real because it's a leak and I didn't want to know anymore info, and I don't want AvP back, and I think there is 7 house not 6. This is the End would fucking rock though, I didn't think that was an option, he really was thinking outside the box

This Is The End is an...interesting option for Out of the Box. I mean, from what I remember, it would fit Murdy's hints. Crimson Peak, I'm a bit jealous of. If Purge Terror Tram is true, took long enough! Jeez.

If that's really the lineup... I don't know what to feel. I really hope This is the End is a subtitle and not the film... and there is for sure going to be 7 mazes unless they're not reusing the FDTD spot, which I doubt, right?

The guy who got that list on that forum says that he heard that Murdy's getting Jonah Hill to record scenes. And apparently it's also gonna be a mega house (Or at least the biggest house ever done at Hollywood). The whole post apocalyptic idea does open up a possibility for some originality.  

Edited by ForeverEvil1

This Is The End is an...interesting option for Out of the Box. I mean, from what I remember, it would fit Murdy's hints. Crimson Peak, I'm a bit jealous of. If Purge Terror Tram is true, took long enough! Jeez.

The guy who got that list on that forum says that he heard that Murdy's getting Jonah Hill to record scenes. And apparently it's also gonna be a mega house (Or at least the biggest house ever done at Hollywood). The whole post apocalyptic idea does open up a possibility for some originality.  

That's what I hope. I hope they take the concept and settings from the movie, and not the story. But how can it be a mega house in the Mummy queue? I mean there is some space between Mummy and the fence by where you exit, but that would block that path.

The rest of the lineup actually looks pretty solid though. I just hope AvP isn't a 100% repeat of last year, I hope there's new environments, such as the pyramid and whatnot. As long as they bring back the Alien Queen I'll be happy. Crimson Peak sounds pretty awesome to me. I think Halloween would be pretty cool, never saw the original maze.

Do you guys think all the spaces on the backlot will be used again? Because that would mean 7 mazes, but this lineup only has 6.

That's what I hope. I hope they take the concept and settings from the movie, and not the story. But how can it be a mega house in the Mummy queue? I mean there is some space between Mummy and the fence by where you exit, but that would block that path.

The rest of the lineup actually looks pretty solid though. I just hope AvP isn't a 100% repeat of last year, I hope there's new environments, such as the pyramid and whatnot. As long as they bring back the Alien Queen I'll be happy. Crimson Peak sounds pretty awesome to me. I think Halloween would be pretty cool, never saw the original maze.

I think the mega house part might be wrong. But yeah, I think Murdy could make This Is The End into a half original, comedy house. Would it be the first real "comedy" house Hollywood's had? Problem is, even if it ends up being good, there's just that sense of "didn't you have so much better options that are timely?". Terminator could have worked. 

Yeah, AvP and Halloween have the potential for new settings. 

The big thing is, we don't even know if what's been heard is real yet. We'll just have wait and see.

I hope you guys are not serious...

Lets take a breath for a moment....

everybody good? Okay.

According to people tweeting Murdy and his replies Inside Universal forums members have been way off. 

In response to Inside Universal forums

1. @HorrorNights they are pretty Far off track so far.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    Follow
    More

2. @HorrorNights @andrewpolowy how is anyone off track when nothing been announced yet

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    Follow
    More

3. @andrewpolowy @HorrorNights But how do you know we are off track? Unless you have inside information... Care to share?

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    Follow
    More

4. @LocustGear3 @andrewpolowy just judging by tweets I've received. Seems like the codenames baffled everyone which is by design of course

0 retweets4 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite4
    More

5. @HorrorNights @andrewpolowy have you gone on websites like horrornightnightmares though that's what I'm really talking about

Also take into consideration...

this kid is claiming to have inside sources if there is anything any of us speculating vets can tell is that when someone openly says they have "Inside Information" they do in fact not. Bansheeman anyone? Normally when someone does get the inside scoop the person in question normally asks to keep the info "mums the word" as the punishment can be bad for anyone leaking info before the okay sometimes it is a legal issue releasing mazes when they are IP based.

Another Red Flag is him claiming TWD is not back when it was leaked in Orlando and was pretty much confirmed by the AMC contest to win tickets to the season 6 premier and HHN.

He said there will only be 6 mazes when Murdy has repeated several times we will not go down from 7.

If Murdy is pushing time sensitivity again why This Is The End? I like the movie but I gotta admit it fell off the face of the earth, and why would Jonah Hill only? Wouldn't James Franco make more sense? Also I said this the year it came out... would make a good scarezone, would make a good plot device for Bill and Ted, would make a terrible maze, most of the movie took place in one room. With only 4 key scenes involving actual demons with half just an excuse for dick jokes.

Then the Purge Tram...again this was my argument for Insidious not happening last year, If the 3rd movie is coming out next year, and Universal owns the rights why is it being done this year? Murdy said the video was gonna be super gory....Purge was not that gory of a franchise.

Then he said there will be an original maze. Did Murdy not just say all the mazes are IP based?

IDK I could be wrong for all I know just take things with a grain of salt in this case a whole McDonalds worth of salt.

Also take into consideration...

this kid is claiming to have inside sources if there is anything any of us speculating vets can tell is that when someone openly says they have "Inside Information" they do in fact not. Bansheeman anyone? Normally when someone does get the inside scoop the person in question normally asks to keep the info "mums the word" as the punishment can be bad for anyone leaking info before the okay sometimes it is a legal issue releasing mazes when they are IP based.

Another Red Flag is him claiming TWD is not back when it was leaked in Orlando and was pretty much confirmed by the AMC contest to win tickets to the season 6 premier and HHN.

He said there will only be 6 mazes when Murdy has repeated several times we will not go down from 7.

If Murdy is pushing time sensitivity again why This Is The End? I like the movie but I gotta admit it fell off the face of the earth, and why would Jonah Hill only? Wouldn't James Franco make more sense? Also I said this the year it came out... would make a good scarezone, would make a good plot device for Bill and Ted, would make a terrible maze, most of the movie took place in one room. With only 4 key scenes involving actual demons with half just an excuse for dick jokes.

Then the Purge Tram...again this was my argument for Insidious not happening last year, If the 3rd movie is coming out next year, and Universal owns the rights why is it being done this year? Murdy said the video was gonna be super gory....Purge was not that gory of a franchise.

Then he said there will be an original maze. Did Murdy not just say all the mazes are IP based?

IDK I could be wrong for all I know just take things with a grain of salt in this case a whole McDonalds worth of salt.

This comment makes sense. Thanks, now I don't think it's true. (Although I would still like to see Crimson Peak and maybe Halloween)