Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

can someone find the tweet where murdy said he's not working with Del Toro. I cant seem to find it and i've seen it mentioned twice here. I remember him saying that last year, but i don't remember him saying anything like that this year. 

I know it was brought up in this thread earlier in this year and someone posted the tweet that was posted last year and cleared it up...I'm pretty sure he did not say it THIS year or at least within the last month.

He doesn't have to work with Del Toro directly since it's a Universal project. Prob just give Murdy a screening, a thousand still shots and pictures, and let him loose. I know the Thing was in conjunction with the producers of that movie but I never heard anything about the director. And I never heard any association with the makers of Dracula Untold.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn I saw someone say he said it. Maybe I saw the post on here that confirmed he said he didn't work with him LAST year.

I remember someone else saying it but it wasn't backed up by anything. He's said it before i just dont remember him saying it this year

He doesn't have to work with Del Toro directly since it's a Universal project. Prob just give Murdy a screening, a thousand still shots and pictures, and let him loose. I know the Thing was in conjunction with the producers of that movie but I never heard anything about the director. And I never heard any association with the makers of Dracula Untold.

I would assume that he would collaborate with Del Toro, though, since he really wants to work with him on a project. It's still possible they're still doing the house and Del Toro was too busy to collaborate first hand on the maze, but I doubt it.

Interesting tidbit on the Orlando side of spec (I KNOW, not the same event, but I figured I'd bring it up):

Mike Aiello (our "John Murdy for those that are unaware) is in Europe promoting HHN, and in the UK attendees were given a flyer saying they would get an exclusive look at a house based off a new film. The way it was worded seems to imply a new Universal movie. At the moment, the (supposedly set) house list doesn't include any Universal movies at all. Now if the flyer was worded to imply a Universal movie, that means someone got a house wrong. And the biggest option, I'd say, for a new Universal movie for HHN would be Crimson Peak, which would almost definitely be shared in Hollywood.

Now, there's no factual basis backing this claim, and it doesn't mean that what was to be revealed is a new or Universal movie, and is just one of the IPs we already know is coming. But it was stated that they didn't actually get to reveal it due to contractual issues over merchandising. So there's a chance here for a newer Uni IP to be shared between our events.

Edited by foREVer56

I don't even think the scareactor himself knows yet. So no.

Also, I like this rep thing. I especially like that mine's at 420 when it first showed. (;

And unfortunately the dark background messed up a few signatures. ):

Edited by Kurseddragon

I like the new layout.

Maybe this is far fetched but does anyone think there's a hint in Murdy's tweet?:

"@HorrorNights: Writing the script for the Terror Tram video...it's going to be a bloody mess to film! The story is much more involved this time."

• Like 1

Alright, I think I may have some more evidence that JP is Insidious.

In this video, around the 2:40 mark, you can get a somewhat blurry view into the first room of the maze. There seems to be a staircase immediately to the right of the entrance. Compare that to Insidious:

There's a staircase in the exact same place. This could mean absolutely nothing, but if it is Insidious it means we're getting all 3 films this time.

Edit: I should have watched the video a little longer, he mentions the same thing, but still.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

Do we know which venues match with certain codenames? I forget things like this often

Edit: Insidious is, in my mind, 99% confirmed at this point. I just noticed a small detail in the video that I posted earlier that gives it away. The staircase that I mentioned has 2 steps at the bottom that wrap around in a circle. I suck at describing things but the point is that this is identical to what was seen in the 2013 maze. Insidious is in the JP overflow, I'm sure of it.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal