Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

For whoever said Paranormal Activity the new one the demon is finally physically present and shown so there's that.

Crimson Peak is a good possibility as well as Krampus and Insidious chapter 3 for self promotion.

So I guess this year's self promotion must be Insidious then? I'd have to imagine that both parks would get whatever movie it was they're promoting.

It sucks that you guys may get Krampus and we probably aren't over here. It doesn't make much sense to not do it on both coasts.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Yeah I would imagine Insidious and Crimson Peak since they are both coming out this year, even more specifically Crimson Peak with the October release. From the trailers that would be an interesting maze and with the great response to the Insidious maze and how well it was done, in my opinion, I feel Crimson Peak might be awesome if it actually happened.

Green Inferno does look like it'll be a pretty off the wall gory movie. I'm all for that.

If Krampus came here I would be so excited! Dark Christmas was such an awesome scarezone and I really like Michael Dougherty. Here's to hoping.

Edited by dustblackangel
  • Like 1

So I guess this year's self promotion must be Insidious then? I'd have to imagine that both parks would get whatever movie it was they're promoting.

It sucks that you guys may get Krampus and we probably aren't over here. It doesn't make much sense to not do it on both coasts.

Due to Murdy being back to his emphasis on time once again and the fact that a lot of the good horror movies this year seems to be from Universal I'm gonna say I'm 80% sure we are going to get all 3. 

I want to really bad was going to the auditions they did afterwards when they needed more elfs and tall SA's with my friend (he's pretty small for a 21 year old not a little person at all but he is as short as the elfs were) but his car broke down. I think if things don't go well with the promotion at work I'm gonna try out. I'm tall and broad shoulder (Jason Vorhees build) from what Trevler told me I'd probably get chainsaw...and I'm okay with that.

I was a big fan of Cannibal Holocaust when I was a teenager so I love the homage Eli Roth has given with Green Inferno so I hope it does well. 

Okay So Murdy has said the announcements won't start until after the 4th of July and then I found this on Michael Dougherty's twitter...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/legendary-comic-con-promo-crimson-peak-krampus-warcraft-1201526538/

Coincidence? not that it has anything to do with Comic-Con itself but Universal could have him waiting on footage to be release if indeed we are getting Krampus.

No word of Alien vs. Predator returning? And Scream is going to Orlando?! I hate this world

I WANT THIS. Orlando's AvP house was the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced at HHN. From what I saw on video, Hollywood fucking NAILED it. I want to see the Queen in person.

And Murdy flat out said he isn't working with Del Toro on Twitter some time ago, so Crimson Peak isn't happening. Krampus or a Dark Christmas original seems given, at this point though.

I WANT THIS. Orlando's AvP house was the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced at HHN. From what I saw on video, Hollywood fucking NAILED it. I want to see the Queen in person.

And Murdy flat out said he isn't working with Del Toro on Twitter some time ago, so Crimson Peak isn't happening. Krampus or a Dark Christmas original seems given, at this point though.

When did he say that?

So....I'm thinking of auditioning this year. Pretty excited.

Do you guys think there is a small possibility if the Exorcist? He passed up Freddy Vs. Jason for a reason.

I hope you are chosen as a scareactor this year so we can take full advantage of the Super Secret Attack Word!

^Wait a minute, they yelled at you while you were out of character?

Oops, I don't want to get too far off-topic. I speculate that we will have a bunch of fabricated buildings populated by a bunch a people in their pajamas yelling "Booo!", "Rarrrr!", and "Don't touch,THAT!"

Edited by AsylumSB

^Wait a minute, they yelled at you while you were out of character?

Oops, I don't want to get too far off-topic. I speculate that we will have a bunch of fabricated buildings populated by a bunch a people in their pajamas yelling "Booo!", "Rarrrr!", and "Don't touch,THAT!"

Yeah! I was out of costume and off the clock. A co-worker and I were killing time after tram (my location last year) closed bc we were carpooling with people in mazes. We were walking through Mask-a-Raid when one of the (costumed!) actors ran in front of me, stopped, ran and grabbed another scareactor, and then they both yelled the attack word at me. I have no idea who it was! I thought it might have been Kursed, but I saw him later that night and he said he was somewhere else that night. It's a mystery.

As for your speculation... yes accurate 100%. 

• Like 2

Yeah! I was out of costume and off the clock. A co-worker and I were killing time after tram (my location last year) closed bc we were carpooling with people in mazes. We were walking through Mask-a-Raid when one of the (costumed!) actors ran in front of me, stopped, ran and grabbed another scareactor, and then they both yelled the attack word at me. I have no idea who it was! I thought it might have been Kursed, but I saw him later that night and he said he was somewhere else that night. It's a mystery.

As for your speculation... yes accurate 100%. 

It was me.

• Like 1

Well, we can eliminate AWiL from speculation since the wall pattern in the JP queue shows that. The walls look narrow enough for the further to work in there.

Didn't expect it honestly. It wasn't as big a success as Orlando's (it was popular but not one of the highest rated houses ever, like Orlando's was). Hell it didn't even win HoTY in the surveys, as far as I know. AvP won right? I could see that returning before AWiL.

I still question why out of all choices they picked the house from 2 years ago, but it was universally loved and Mike and his team LOVED the property/house so I understand it a bit. 

If they do repeat either of them, that means there's gonna be 3 repeats in the same year (I know, different movie for insidious and different season for TWD, but the GP won't care), and that's gonna be hard to sell. Maybe there was truth behind Murdy saying they've done Freddy and Jason houses too many times to do FvJ; because they'd have too many repeats in the same year. Doubt that's the reason, but it's a possibility.