Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Can we not have TWD this year? I really enjoyed the house last year and love TWD.. I am just over zombies... Do people actually have a fear of Zombies?

I have a few originals I would love for them to bring back.....

I think they need more GOOD scarezones rather than houses this year.

Do people actually have fear of zombies? Yes, indeed. Everything has someone to fear it.

Would love to see more good zones as while I thought Purge and Bayou (Pre-show removal) were okay, Maskerade and Face-Off suffered for me in various ways.

I have a feeling it'll be 9 FREE houses, with our additional tenth "upcharged" LT interactive house. So yes, a total of 10 houses.

I was thinking about the scarezones as well. I'm hoping they put more of their budget into the zones this year. I want to see a lot more props to add more of an atmosphere. I think what I want to see most though, is 5 or 6 scarezones, rather than 4. Maybe Cassi is confirming 2 more zones? hmm.

I don't see street budget as a fleeting issue at HHN. We've been dissatisfied with scarezones in the recent years and I believe the issue is the person in charge of the streets, Laura Tyler. She has been given the title "Show Director, Street Program."

Her main creation is the daytime parade. Since the parade, each year the streets have had to cope with having easily transportable props or they have to be out of the way of the parade route.

Here's what I want to happen: Someone else takes control of street operations for the HHN event, OR suspend the parade for 2-3 months and allow full structures to be constructed in the streets.

• Like 1

Everyone hear me out.....

In ww2 Germany tryed to invade Russia. The invasion was halted by a huge blizzard, that blizzard with the help of the Russian forces stopped and pushed back the German war train.

Now let's say the allies forces covered up what really stoped the Germans and what made them run back to Germany. A force so strong and scary they covered it up for the general public.yes that's right the nightingales.

Yippee! Great connection!

I don't see street budget as a fleeting issue at HHN. We've been dissatisfied with scarezones in the recent years and I believe the issue is the person in charge of the streets, Laura Tyler. She has been given the title "Show Director, Street Program."

Her main creation is the daytime parade. Since the parade, each year the streets have had to cope with having easily transportable props or they have to be out of the way of the parade route.

Here's what I want to happen: Someone else takes control of street operations for the HHN event, OR suspend the parade for 2-3 months and allow full structures to be constructed in the streets.

You mean Lora Wallace, Laura Tyler is their make-up artist that won Face-Off.

• Like 1

Ok so about Blizzard. I may have made a connection between the Dr Jimmy's Immigrant Song post, and Blizzard. That connection would be Krampus. I did some research on Krampus, and got some interesting info. Of course, Krampus is the Blizzard part of the connection, as it is a Christmas time legend, AND a European myth.

Here's some information about the Krampus when it started out.

For a time the Krampus story traveled with Santa and became part of the Christmastime traditions of German immigrants to America.

Quote from here.

So apparently, Krampus was a legend that originated in Germany, but was brought to the US, through German immigrants:

Quote from here.

Not only is Krampus a European myth, but it was also literally spread through immigration. I'm not sure if I'm getting anywhere with this, but I just thought you guys should know that Immigrant and Krampus are keywords here, and I think they're linked.

• Like 1

I would love to see the parade to become suspended during HHN time. Parades at every park I go to just are in the way. I understand they are for kids but they shut down most of Universal to make this happen. And if you go during the day, little to no people are stopping to watch it. So I say just get rid of it all together and they can have their parade fix during Mardi Gras.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

Until we get more information all this speculation is pointless..

We only have one thing to speculate with Blizzard and that's its original.

Speculation isn't about having a point, but about exploring potential ideas.

We know it's an original idea. Mike has told us that we haven't guessed it so far, and gave us some info on how they choose codenames.

It could many different things, but that's the only point of speculation. Potential.

Knowing that Blizzard can refer to an overall theme:

Evil snowmen. Mike's a Whovian. The Snowmen is a popular episode with popular monsters. We've already seen homage to the Weeping Angels.

Blizzard as a single room: a room filled with a large amount of paperwork, Ticker tape, confetti...Each potential leading to a potential overall theme.

Blizzard as a reoccurring visual: Televisons since televisons have "snow". A return of Bloodengutz. Some other form of TV style house.

When we use to get the codenames on the permits, speculation on a single word was all we would have.

• Like 5

I can't think of a better endorsement for a movie, and since it is a possibility for a house this year:

@StephenKing: Was treated to a screening of Guillermo del Toro's new movie, CRIMSON PEAK, this weekend. Gorgeous and just f*cking terrifying.

@StephenKing: CRIMSON PEAK electrified me in the same way Sam Rami's EVIL DEAD electrified me when I saw it for the first time way back in the day.

(I edited the first tweet. Mr. King doesn't censor himself. I didn't want to remove the word completely, because I think it emphasizes Mr. King's opinion)

• Like 1

Universal Picture directed by Del Toro (someone Murdy really wants to work with). It has an October release date similar to past Universal IPs that were used as houses.

It possible it won't happen, but there are marks in its favor.

There are definite marks. My gut just doesn't see it.

But I'm always stubbornly wrong about one house every year. This could likely be it.