Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Shit if they pushed Dracula: Untold on us last year they should be frothing at the mouth to shove Del Toro down our throat.....

yes that sounded incredibly homoerotic but you catch my drift. Although from the trailer I wouldnt be super excited about it honestly. But HHN has surprised before!

I can definitely see Crimson Peak happening. Yes, it obviously has a lot of marks on it, and it comes out literally during the event (like Drac last year.) but somehow I'm still not sure if it's a big possibility. There's a number of films that have been speculated, lots of them coming out this year. This one truly does stand above most, but after watching the trailer, I just don't see a lot of these scenes having the capability to be turned into a house. What I do think, is that there are parts that could still be used and could be totally awesome. For all the ghost style events (Like the part with the ghost coming out of the floor in the hallway), they could easily use projections. I could see a stunning facade. The only thing is there wasn't much darkness in the trailer. But hey, it's an early trailer. And this kinda stuff was said about the Dracula Untold trailer, and they still made it work great. I still want to see a bit more on this movie though. Hopefully they release a new trailer soon, so I can get a better idea.

This one truly does stand above most, but after watching the trailer, I just don't see a lot of these scenes having the capability to be turned into a house.

While I agree that the trailer alone doesn't seem to offer much house content, DU had even less. That didn't stop the powers that be from stinking up a soundstage with it. If Crimson Peak does show up this year, hopefully it will be head and shoulders above last years attempt at synergy.

• Like 2

While I agree that the trailer alone doesn't seem to offer much house content, DU had even less. That didn't stop the powers that be from stinking up a soundstage with it. If Crimson Peak does show up this year, hopefully it will be head and shoulders above last years attempt at synergy.

True. I was very disappointed in the Dracula trailer after hearing that the film was probably going to become a house, and had extremely low expectations in the house until I went through it, to find a beautifully designed atmospheric house. I enjoyed it a lot. I have no doubt Crimson Peak has a lot more house possibilities than we can see as of now.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 1

You think that the house was bad? Last year's "attempt" at synergy actually went well. It wasn't the strongest house, but it definitly hung in there.

• Like 2

True. I was very disappointed in the Dracula trailer after hearing that the film was probably going to become a house, and had extremely low expectations in the house until I went through it, to find a beautifully designed atmospheric house. I enjoyed it a lot. I have no doubt Crimson Peak has a lot more house possibilities than we can see as of now.

Here's the thing. You can't judge an IP solely off of a trailer. Dracula Untold is proof that A&D can make a house out if IPs that don't seem to have a whole lot to them. I see a small glimmer of potential in Crimson Peak and I defintely think that they could make an enjoyable house out of it.

• Like 1

You think that the house was bad? Last year's "attempt" at synergy actually went well. It wasn't the strongest house, but it definitly hung in there.

It just didn't impress me. Almost zero scares. It really didn't feel like it belonged there. JMO

Ive never heard the term Whovian until I came to this forum.

lololololololol literally as Im typing that last sentence a kid walks into our office wearing a Dr. Who hoodie!!!!!!!!

It might be a sign!!! hahahah too funny. well for me.

Edited by PeoriaBJJ

For those who were wondering.

I'm done with the clue game and most pre-HHN stuff.

I'm tired of people accusing me of things. Tired of the clandestine secrecy. 3 sources cut me off last week stating they believe I'm bloody Cassi and they don't trust me. I barely have the time to watch a 30 min T.V. show!

I only moderately cared this year and the spec was my favorite part. I've grown to dislike the entire process in general and I found last year mostly miserable from beginning to end. I don't care anymore. Too much effort and care on my part going into an event the doesn't yield enough enjoyment.

I'll still mod and check in from time to time. If you need assistance with anything message me and I will assist. But I will not be posting, dropping any clues, or really partaking in the forum otherwise. I'm just done... at least for this year.

For those who were wondering.

I'm done with the clue game and most pre-HHN stuff.

I'm tired of people accusing me of things. Tired of the clandestine secrecy. 3 sources cut me off last week stating they believe I'm bloody Cassi and they don't trust me. I barely have the time to watch a 30 min T.V. show!

I only moderately cared this year and the spec was my favorite part. I've grown to dislike the entire process in general and I found last year mostly miserable from beginning to end. I don't care anymore. Too much effort and care on my part going into an event the doesn't yield enough enjoyment.

I'll still mod and check in from time to time. If you need assistance with anything message me and I will assist. But I will not be posting, dropping any clues, or really partaking in the forum otherwise. I'm just done... at least for this year.

anchorman_i_dont_believe_you.jpg

JDW - I've been a member on here for 3 years or so, but I have like 7 posts or something low like that. You've made me post something! I truly hope you'll be back after a cool-down period. I can understand your disillusionment.

Man, that sucks. I don't know how they thought you were Cassi.

Because they don't know who Cassi is. And that's important, because if official sources don't know anything about Cassi it drastically diminishes the possibility that she's official.

• Like 4

Hey does Mike do red harrings in his hints?

Well, last year was the first year he did this. All he gave is a house code name and if it's an IP or an original. This year, all he's given is a code name and that it's an original. He doesn't really give out more than that.

So, I'll say no. I don't think he does give red herrings.

Well, last year was the first year he did this. All he gave is a house code name and if it's an IP or an original. This year, all he's given is a code name and that it's an original. He doesn't really give out more than that.

So, I'll say no. I don't think he does give red herrings.

I believe thewordwisper may be referring to this:

@HorrorNightsORL: I'm plane hopping today but I just noticed our account hit 24k followers! Wow! We should throw a "Party".

I believe thewordwisper may be referring to this:

@HorrorNightsORL: I'm plane hopping today but I just noticed our account hit 24k followers! Wow! We should throw a "Party".

If that's a hint to anything, it's to a "birthday party" theme to marketing.

Or, he could be referencing the fact that it wouldn't be an actual party.