Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

In short: I enjoy haunts not because of the quick thrills but rather due to my belief that Universal is craft its own legacy when it comes to creating haunted attraction of a film production quality.10 or 20 years , if HHNH is still around, people will be talking about these years with great appreciation of efforts and energy those involve in the industry has put forth. I just want to take pictures so I can share my thoughts and feelings of a particular moment to those who were unable to experience it.

Beautifully put!

Anyone think they'll actually apply a legitimate age restriction for next year? I hope so. Though, that thought makes me a little sad for those under 17-18 that actually enjoy these types of events and do not create unnecessary shenanigans.

Some friends and I were talking about this while on break last night and walking through The Purge SZ (and how awfully dead it felt), IF they put an age restriction on the event, which they should, to make it "fair" because you know people will complain "well my child handles scary stuff blah blah blah", I suggested okay, fine, card every single human being that enters the event, those who are 17+ are good to go, those who are under 17 will get an X marked on their hand and allowed to ONLY go through 2-3 mazes that are "age appropriate" so basically, what HHN has now, nothing like *honks horn* boring, and that is it, that's completely fair, worth the ticket price, and less issues, and IF you're under 17, you must have an adult with you. Regardless if you're a "mature 14 year old" or not, you can thanks those little Tweens and their moms for ruining this event for you and that's all there is to it.

i honestly don't an age limit should be required, even for a more intense event. If you're warned before entering that it is NOT meant for children and is a scary horror event, and if children tickets aren't offered, it's very obvious it's not meant for anyone who cannot handle intense or scary environments or experiences. And it's not just children. I attended my first HHN 10 years ago when I was 9 (I'm on the Orlando side) and the only reason my parents let me was because they felt like I was able to handle it. I've seen 20-30 somethings swear off the event because they can't handle it. It has nothing to do with age, but maturity, and yes most children lack maturity but there's plenty under the age of 18 that could handle the event. If someone told I couldn't attend the past 9 years of HHN cuz I wasn't 18 I'd be devastated and pissed. Universal shouldn't react the way they do when these things happen, in my opinion. In Orlando this year in our Bayou of Blood scarezone there was to be a human sacrifice every hour every night. They cut it after the first weekend because people complained it was too gory. At a HORROR EVENT. If Universal didn't react the way they do, and if people weren't so hellbent on trying to be "politically correct" and so goddamn sensitive, this would be a complete non issue.

In line for Cabin in the Woods one night last year, a mother with her son (looked around 8-10) asked me if this or any of the other houses were really scary or gory because she didn't want her son to see that kind of stuff. She was in line for one of the 2 goriest houses that year.

Bottom line: if you think the event might be too extreme for you or your children, DONT GO. It'd be like taking your kid to your strip club and not want them to see any naked or half dressed women.

(and yes strip clubs have age limits but you understand the point im trying to make)

Edited by foREVer56

Both wear a robe now. I thought maybe the first girl was conservative or something and wasn't comfortable with a skimpy outfit. I then get to the second bar scene and the vampire version is wearing a robe too.

Like seriously, who the eff complained to make that happen?

I'll also add I didn't see any go-gos on the lower lot for the first hour.

• Like 1

DAMMIT PEOPLE QUIT BITCHING ABOUT THE EVENT YOU ARE RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE! Seriously. Like its a stripper bar, there are gonna be half naked girls in there. There are gogo dancers for entertainment, they're gonna be dressed skimpily. Wait. Now that I think about it. Maybe it was a complaint from the actresses? Like I heard people saying some pretty bad things to her so maybe it was just for her modesty? Oh and Go go dancers make it a little later down to the backlot than the purge girls.

Both wear a robe now. I thought maybe the first girl was conservative or something and wasn't comfortable with a skimpy outfit. I then get to the second bar scene and the vampire version is wearing a robe too.

Are you referring to the first Snake-Dancing Santanico? If so, that would seem way out of place because of the original character's scene. But I tell you, based on what stories are coming out of this board and the media, I have always been surprised that the go-go's in any form have not been scrapped. I, for one, have always enjoyed the character go-go's. They are always on top of their game, are absolutely stunning, and impressed how they are able to maintain the physicality of their roles. But, by golly, that is degrading to women, and you cannot have any examples of fantasy.....especially at an event that immerses you in a world of horror films, with blood, guts, gore, fear that is designed for guests under the age of ten! No horror film in history had ever featured anything related to sex or other mature-themed content (wink, wink). I better not detail my encounter/picture op with the front Purge go-go....it may make national headlines and force them to wear 1920's bathing suits while gyrating to classical chamber music.

By the way, were the front Purge go-go's performing that night?

The lower lot gogos don't show up until the line reaches their platform. So unless the line for AVP is 140 minutes there will only be one, and if its less than an hour there are none.

And the robes for the dancers could have been actress complaints, since they are the most harassed at the event (verbally at least, not trying to degrade the hardships all the other actors go through)