Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

Same my first trip to HHN 2014 this Friday as well I am so pumped. I've refrained this long from watching videos and looking at pictures besides the ones posted on Facebook which spoiled probably AvP the most of all the mazes. Mental note for next year unfollow HHN on Facebook when the event starts until I attend.

On the first night I went which was September 20 I filmed in all the mazes. Nobody seemed to have a problem except for a maze usher in the dead predator room in AVP who yelled at me. The other ushers dint care and most of the scareactors would come up to the camera which was pretty cool. On my second night (October 19) I filmed in all the mazes except Dusk till Dawn and nobody cared. One of the maze ushers outside The Walking Dead told us "please feel free to take pictures in all the mazes no flash though! You know what's a better idea, Record in the mazes!"

Just went purging around tonight scaring the cheap out of people. I f'd up my elbow and knee while sliding. My knee pad slipped and I ripped my jeans and have a huge gash in my jeans. Was the scare that caused that worth it. Yes. Was it funny. Yes. Oh and I'm writing this on a huge sugar high. Can't wait to work HHN and hopefully be a slider with a chainsaw.

Just had fun scarin the hell out of people myself. Armed like 15 people with shaker cans, gave em hiding spots (which they usually didn't stay in, but oh well), and let em go ape shit. I hope to one day run a professional haunt so I can do everything how I imagine.

Now that I experienced a little rigorous scaring last night. I really saw how much you scaractors put into your scares. Barely 20 minutes in I was dying from running up to groups and sliding. And now the morning after I'm so sore from all the places I scratched up last night. I don't know how you guys can do that 3-4 days a week for hours but I aplaud you. And damn! If you don't do sliding right you'll end up with a big hole in your jeans and a big scratch with some road rash. I have now 5 areas with road rash only on my right side. A sore back. A torn pair of pants, but I needed new ones anyway so it's not a waste. A bruised thumbnail. And ultimate respect for how much work you guys put out. Hope to see anybody at HHN tonight!

Hey guys, I posted this in a separate thread earlier this week, but I thought I'd post it here too.

I've been scouring the internet in search of a list of music played not only in this year's mazes, but in the scare zones and other areas as well. I found a list on the forum for this year's Orlando HHN and was wondering if you could help me do the same for the West Coast event.

I'm particularly looking for a track that I heard playing near the Ben and Jerry's/Mummy Entrance Area in the lower lot which sounded like it was from an old horror film soundtrack and had skittering strings playing. Any ideas?

(Also something seems to be up with the formatting of this page right now. Apologies if my post is centered on the page… I have it set to align to the left side, but the site is automatically centering it.)

Edited by mach1monorail

So was it crowded on Halloween night?

It was crowded the first half of the night and when it started raining a ton of people left. No wait Clowns and low wait for everything besides TWD and AVP. The mazes were FLOODED and had to be closed down early.

For the Purge VIP tour it was neat but only lasts for 30 seconds. The tram dropped us off by the metropolitan sets and we walked into an alley with our tour guide and she had to leave because "she had to talk to someone". 10 seconds after she left you hear the Purge siren and the announcement of the Purge. People start surrounding us out of nowhere by coming from corners and even the dumpsters. We were surrounded and the polite stranger from the 1st movie says "release the beast boys let the killing commence" and we were purged. Our group ran out of the alley and survived though.

Overall a cool but short experience.

Just made it to the hotel guys. Can't wait! Gonna be wearing my HHN 2012 shirt, though you won't be able to see it, so my jacket is very distinguishable. It's a TBNRFrags hoodie. Basically it's a little man made of lava riding a cactus with TBNR under it. And I'm wearing a faded pair of jeans. I'll be with my dad who's wearing a black t shirt and his HHN 2012 Zombie Crew jacket. Hope to see anyone there. At all. Just to prove to my family I'm not crazy.