Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

Luckily the scareactor transforming into a werewolf on the floor in AWIL didn't drown. That would have been the end of our beloved event. Lol

Thank god. I just had the image of someone "running" through AVP yelling "GET TO THE CHOPPA!" before falling face first into the water. Was hilarious in my head.

• Like 4

I yelled TTT many many times tonight. About 9, once in Mask-a-raid right after the opening scaramonies, once in Dracula, one time each time I went into FDTD, which was twice. Twice on terror tram once at the chainsaw brigade, the other at the mud walker area, then at the loading area where veektohr attacked me and mawled my arm, then twice in face off, and finally one time before chainsaw chase out. And veektohr was the only obvious response I got. If anyone else responded let me know.

I yelled TTT many many times tonight. About 9, once in Mask-a-raid right after the opening scaramonies, once in Dracula, one time each time I went into FDTD, which was twice. Twice on terror tram once at the chainsaw brigade, the other at the mud walker area, then at the loading area where veektohr attacked me and mawled my arm, then twice in face off, and finally one time before chainsaw chase out. And veektohr was the only obvious response I got. If anyone else responded let me know.

I was waiting the entire run to catch someone saying it, just so happened it came on my last night (I won't be working closing night)!

Were the mazes damaged by the flooding at all? I assume yes, but at least it's closing weekend.

I'm not completely sure, but everything was fully operational last night. I really thought that Tram would be screwed because our walkways and breakroom flooded and mudded and whatnot, but when I got to set yesterday, it was perfectly fine. The Universal tech team worked wonders.

Too bad you never said it at Tram Loading where I was. Or the street by the bathrooms right after Mask-A-Raid at the end of the night, where I also was.

He did say it at tram loading! That's where he caught me...you were off set at the time.

And look at that, I had Kursed come with us as pool in my area and I didn't even know haha

Dude, I love watching the burned walker work on the street in front of Animal Actors. After Tram lets out, I'm usually sitting at the tables behind Pinks and you guys crack me up.

Thanks that means a lot! We are fortunate to get the chance to scare at another location after tram closes each night. We do get quite an audience!

He did say it at tram loading! That's where he caught me...you were off set at the time.

And look at that, I had Kursed come with us as pool in my area and I didn't even know haha

Oh. :D I have bad timing with most things. Lol.

That role is definitely tied for being one of my favourites along with Jack Frost and Scott from From Dusk Till Dawn.

I think it's just extra funny being a walker, but acting like a complete idiot instead.

So was it crowded on Halloween night?

I have to agree. FDTD was our first maze because there was literally no line. We just walked right through. I don't think I ever saw the wait times for any of the mazes get past an hour that night. I hit Face/Off last, just before we left. We got to ride in an elevator with a Santa Muerte. c:

Dude, I love watching the burned walker work on the street in front of Animal Actors. After Tram lets out, I'm usually sitting at the tables behind Pinks and you guys crack me up.

This is also one of the highlights of my night, I'll go on my break and since we don't have our auctioneer anymore, it's now become a place I literally stay for my whole break.

As of right now, standing in line for TWD, it feels bittersweet that tonight is it, crazy to think three months ago people were finding out about casting, mazes were released, etc etc and also, driving to preview night on September 16 at 215pm: 112 degrees out, driving to my final night of HHN tonight, Nov 2 at 3:00pm: 67 degrees, HUGE difference. I'll be wondering the park all night and hanging around for final TT and Chaseout. Good luck to everyone going tonight, congrats to those who survived, let's bring on 2015!

Edited by Mellie_Monster

Had an awesome time at HHN this year. AVP blew me away and AWIL was awesome too, only maze that was really a letdown was FDTD but the guy who played Richie gecko was awesome out front he gave me a look inside his book. Dracula honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be I actually enjoyed it and I really liked Clowns even the second time around when the maze was flooded. Walking Dead was cool but it could of been better.

My favorite mazes probably go like this

AVP

AWIL

CLOWNS

DRACULA

WALKING DEAD

FDTD

FACE OFF

So I went on Halloween night with my new girlfriend and she had an awesome time it was her first time to HHN. The rain was mostly misty and lite sprinkles until around 1:00 and then it just poured. I don't think HHN prepared the mazes really for this kind of rain because alot of them were either flooded, puppets covered, actors looking confused, or the maze itself was just shut down. Regardless we still had a great time because only when we were about to go through all the mazes for the second time is when it started raining so it didnt ruin our first go through experience. And honestly I still had fun in Clowns when it flooded, and AWIL even tho some of the puppets were turned off. It was cool tho because we were like the only guests in the maze at the time so it felt like a special experience. Only maze we didn't get to do a second time was Dracula was because it was completely shut down by the time we got back to the upper lot.

I really loved AvP its right up there with Insdious for me as my favorite maze. When I walk through these mazes I rarely get scared but man that first time through AvP they got me good a ton of times more than any other maze in HHN besides Insidious.

My biggest thing I loved about this year over past years and other events is that I felt all the scare actors in every zone and maze were so AGGRESSIVE like in your face and not just going for the girl im with which is what im used to, they were actually going for me as well which is a nice change and I loved it. I got some good scares/startles in almost every maze except for again FDTD I just wasnt feeling it and neither was my girlfriend.

HHN > Knott's

That statement still stands and I doubt its gonna change ever

And like that, another year of HHN has come to a close. Ugh, too soon in my opinion. I loathe this wait for the next year. More long months of wishful thinking, speculation, scouring Twitter feeds for clues, and waiting for maze announcements. I just wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to this year yet and it depresses the hell out of me, especially since this has been my favorite year. AVP, AWIL, Dracula, Face Off -- so many fond memories on all three trips I got to do this year, the most I've ever done. It also sealed the fact that I've now been to HHN more times than KSF, something I never thought I'd say. The best thing I can do is drown my sorrows in Christmas music and pretend that holiday will do for now. But it'll only remind me of Dark Christmas, and the tears will begin to flow. I'll be watching the videos of these mazes for years to come and try to shut my eyes tight, making believe that I'm there once more.

Farewell 2014. You were a master among gods.

Forever in my heart,

DTH

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2

I had a feeling that was you harassing the bathroom area by the tram loading!

It was a fun place to catch people off guard. Especially when they were looking away/at their phones long enough for me to be able to walk over like a dumbass, sit next to them, and then snarl. It's just a lot of effort that can go to waste if the person looks up. Wasn't always worth the risk. :P But again, had A LOT of fun in the role.

Please tell me this is just one really bad nightmare! I don't want the Halloween season to be over yet. =| lol

Well everyone, it was a lot of fun being a part of these forums for another year. I love talking about the event months before anything is announced, speculating, reading reviews and just talking about our favorite event as a whole. This was my second favorite year since I started attending (2007), so I'm even more anxious for next year's announcment season to begin. I felt like a little kid in a candy store this year, that feeling was definitely missing the last 2 years for me so I'm thankful I can easily claim HHN is the back in all its glory.

I know our event doesn't normally celebrate anniversary years but I really hope it's another amazing year and hopefully we get some really big IPS and 1 or 2 creative OC mazes (Dark Christmas damn it!) I'll see you guys in the Wishful thinking thread, I know we all eventfully stop visiting this site as often after December until announcment time, so have a good one either way! =]