Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

It was a fun place to catch people off guard. Especially when they were looking away/at their phones long enough for me to be able to walk over like a dumbass, sit next to them, and then snarl. It's just a lot of effort that can go to waste if the person looks up. Wasn't always worth the risk. :P But again, had A LOT of fun in the role.

you were awesome! I was part of the big group that stayed there for like 20 minutes for some reason :/ but you kept coming back and getting one of us off guard and the last time you just walked up and looked at like "Why the F you guys still here". Then you scared some girl who ran straight across from the churro stand to the bathroom! priceless!

you were awesome! I was part of the big group that stayed there for like 20 minutes for some reason :/ but you kept coming back and getting one of us off guard and the last time you just walked up and looked at like "Why the F you guys still here". Then you scared some girl who ran straight across from the churro stand to the bathroom! priceless!

Lol, oh. That group scared me, no lie. :D I was always nervous on if one of you guys were gonna just get annoyed since I kept going back. I probably did that look 'cause I either didn't realize it was still you guys until I got close, or because someone turned around when I got there.

• Like 1

I was so sad today thinking about the fact hhn is over, I loved this year so much, I want to go back already and the wait this year is gonna be hard. I won't post my in depth thoughts here as I still plan on doing a full review, but I will say this is my favorite year. Here's to 7 all new mazes next year(hopefully). Goodbye 2014, you will definitely be missed.

Anyone else suffering from PHHND (post HHN depression) because like I'm seriously gonna miss it and I'm definitely looking forward to next year, because it'll be my first year of full speculation and I can't wait to work with you geniuses and not let you have all the fun.

Not me. My views of haunt has changed after visiting HHN this year.#RETURNTOACADEMIA

BTW: What's going to happen to the costumes and masks from this year Purge Anarchy Scare-zone?

Cause I have an idea of where they should go.

231256701.jpg

Edited by AbnormalVitality

All of the masks and prosthetics are shredded after HHN ends.

BOOOOOOOOO! Ironically years from now, they'll regret that decision and perhaps recognize that they(not some complaining parent) are the ones destroying their own priceless treasures. If HHN reached their 40th anniversary, they may only have a room field of artifacts rather than a potential warehouse of different treasures that span throughout the year. Reading this from a scare-actor myself, I wonder why this is practice? Why not sell them to a private collector, give it away to a scare actor for keeps, or put it into storage so it could be reused the next year? It almost seems like a waste of time,energy,and money to juput them all in the furnace or trash them when they are movie fans and haunt aficionados who would love to have a Purge mask hanging on their mantle. The Hollywood Museum would have also love to have a piece of history too, especially from a successful horror movie franchise that has made hundreds of millions at the box offices. They are people out there who would pay big money to get possession of a replica of any custom mask that appeared at Universal.

If you ask me, this is an example of laziness and prideful ignorance by those in charge to destroy these valuable items. Items that someone put blood,sweat,and tears into creating as well as in the performance of their role. With over 42 years of history, the Knotts Scary Farm Haunt Museum could have been as large as the Fowler Museum at UCLA,The Bowers Museum at Santa Ana, or even the Vincent Price Art Museum. What instead we have is a small building with a few dozen surviving props, few costumes, and a spot to purchase haunt swag. The Haunt Museum is smaller than my college art gallery. You guys at Horror Nights are building a legacy just like Disney,In-N-Out Burgers and Well Fargos. To have a protocol where these valuable masks, prosthetics, and costumes are destroyed is like demolishing the Walt Disney Apartment on Main Street, it's a act that brings to question the purpose behind those who are in charge. It almost seems as if the preservation and documentation of Halloween Horror Night treasures for future generations of horror fans to appreciate is an afterthought. No one is thinking about the importance of these items.Since the House of Horrors have been shut down, where will horror fans go to have a closer look(if at all) at the items that appeared inside Halloween Horror Nights? Due to the inconsistent photography policy,unless the guest have a day-time/lights-on tour, photography is frown upon by those who worked in the maze even if the flash is off meaning that guest only have a few moments to "savor the fruit" of the experience.

In-Short: It seems that the haunt industry frown on those who pause to savor the fruit of the experience. Unless members of haunts want to start a movement to establish a private Halloween Horror Night collection with props, masks, and costumes for the purpose of Academic,Anthropological, and Artistic appreciation and exhibition, it seems to me that these views will could controversy despite the overwhelming benefits they offer. Kansas has a museum for barbed wire, India has a toilet museum, and there's even the Museum of Death in Hollywood. I believe establishing a museum in dedication to Halloween Horror Nights is a realistic goal. The destruction of masks,prosthetics and costumes such as Purge masks via the shredder is an example of needless destruction, just like what the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria did to many artifacts, worship centers, statues whom they took possession of.

_76161278_isis-statue-composite.jpg

Assyrian Statue

ISIS_mosques-blown-up.jpg

Tomb of Jonah(the man who was swallowed by a whale)

2014-07-10-isis-destroys-iraqi-shrines-0

Sufi Shrine

Now I wouldn't want to see

hqdefault.jpg

This...

61bd27203-1.jpg

Or This

15302605126_9bf02fc76b_b.jpg

or This in a million pieces.

Universal should be honoring a piece of it's own history, rather than destroy it.

Reference

http://www.rushcounty.org/barbedwiremuseum/

http://www.sulabhtoiletmuseum.org/old/

http://www.museumofdeath.net/

Edited by AbnormalVitality

BOOOOOOOOO! Ironically years from now, they'll regret that decision and perhaps recognize that they(not some complaining parent) are the ones destroying their own priceless treasures. If HHN reached their 40th anniversary, they may only have a room field of artifacts rather than a potential warehouse of different treasures that span throughout the year. Reading this from a scare-actor myself, I wonder why this is practice? Why not sell them to a private collector, give it away to a scare actor for keeps, or put it into storage so it could be reused the next year? It almost seems like a waste of time,energy,and money to juput them all in the furnace or trash them when they are movie fans and haunt aficionados who would love to have a Purge mask hanging on their mantle. The Hollywood Museum would have also love to have a piece of history too, especially from a successful horror movie franchise that has made hundreds of millions at the box offices. They are people out there who would pay big money to get possession of a replica of any custom mask that appeared at Universal.

If you ask me, this is an example of laziness and prideful ignorance by those in charge to destroy these valuable items. Items that someone put blood,sweat,and tears into creating as well as in the performance of their role. With over 42 years of history, the Knotts Scary Farm Haunt Museum could have been as large as the Fowler Museum at UCLA,The Bowers Museum at Santa Ana, or even the Vincent Price Art Museum. What instead we have is a small building with a few dozen surviving props, few costumes, and a spot to purchase haunt swag. The Haunt Museum is smaller than my college art gallery. You guys at Horror Nights are building a legacy just like Disney,In-N-Out Burgers and Well Fargos. To have a protocol where these valuable masks, prosthetics, and costumes are destroyed is like demolishing the Walt Disney Apartment on Main Street, it's a act that brings to question the purpose behind those who are in charge. It almost seems as if the preservation and documentation of Halloween Horror Night treasures for future generations of horror fans to appreciate is an afterthought. No one is thinking about the importance of these items.Since the House of Horrors have been shut down, where will horror fans go to have a closer look(if at all) at the items that appeared inside Halloween Horror Nights? Due to the inconsistent photography policy,unless the guest have a day-time/lights-on tour, photography is frown upon by those who worked in the maze even if the flash is off meaning that guest only have a few moments to "savor the fruit" of the experience.

In-Short: It seems that the haunt industry frown on those who pause to savor the fruit of the experience. Unless members of haunts want to start a movement to establish a private Halloween Horror Night collection with props, masks, and costumes for the purpose of Academic,Anthropological, and Artistic appreciation and exhibition, it seems to me that these views will could controversy despite the overwhelming benefits they offer. Kansas has a museum for barbed wire, India has a toilet museum, and there's even the Museum of Death in Hollywood. I believe establishing a museum in dedication to Halloween Horror Nights is a realistic goal. The destruction of masks,prosthetics and costumes such as Purge masks via the shredder is an example of needless destruction, just like what the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria did to many artifacts, worship centers, statues whom they took possession of.

_76161278_isis-statue-composite.jpg

Assyrian Statue

ISIS_mosques-blown-up.jpg

Tomb of Jonah(the man who was swallowed by a whale)

2014-07-10-isis-destroys-iraqi-shrines-0

Sufi Shrine

Now I wouldn't want to see

hqdefault.jpg

This...

61bd27203-1.jpg

Or This

15302605126_9bf02fc76b_b.jpg

or This in a million pieces.

Universal should be honoring a piece of it's own history, rather than destroy it.

Reference

http://www.rushcounty.org/barbedwiremuseum/

http://www.sulabhtoiletmuseum.org/old/

http://www.museumofdeath.net/

the bottom one is not ours it's Orlando's we actually had "God" written on the mask, also there was stuff from HHN displayed inside HOH, I'm sure a lot of props remain.

Where is the this warning? is it between the big word warning and the sentence "Event is not recommended for children 13 and under" cuz I don't see it on the ticket, a whole page on the map on signs outside the park, on signs inside the.....oh wait they do....

My wishful thinking:

-More budget to the Puppets (if we have any puppet houses) and more training for them. The puppets for AvP sucked when compared to Orlando and the AWIL puppets were only scary when used correctly.

-Have 3 Shows: Chucky's Insult Emporium, Bill and Ted, and Slaughterworld/RHPS.

-Add a scarezone in front of The Simpsons Ride. Construction for Springfield will be finished by Sept 2015 and that's the perfect place for Clowns.

-Waterproof the mazes. On Halloween night every maze besides TWD, AvP, and Face Off were flooded. I feel bad for the people that attended November because those mazes looked like they would be damaged from all that water.

-Create an Icon or use the Usher

My Wishlist

AWIL (in SS 747 with a bigger budget and more training for puppets)

Insidious (Includes Ch3, JP Que)

Resident Evil (Backlot)

Icon maze based on Usher (Mummy)

Alien (SS 28, use puppets similar to Orlando)

The Conjuring (Parisian Square)

Original based on Japanese myth (Backlot)

My wishful thinking:

-More budget to the Puppets (if we have any puppet houses) and more training for them. The puppets for AvP sucked when compared to Orlando and the AWIL puppets were only scary when used correctly.

-Have 3 Shows: Chucky's Insult Emporium, Bill and Ted, and Slaughterworld/RHPS.

-Add a scarezone in front of The Simpsons Ride. Construction for Springfield will be finished by Sept 2015 and that's the perfect place for Clowns.

-Waterproof the mazes. On Halloween night every maze besides TWD, AvP, and Face Off were flooded. I feel bad for the people that attended November because those mazes looked like they would be damaged from all that water.

-Create an Icon or use the Usher

My Wishlist

AWIL (in SS 747 with a bigger budget and more training for puppets)

Insidious (Includes Ch3, JP Que)

Resident Evil (Backlot)

Icon maze based on Usher (Mummy)

Alien (SS 28, use puppets similar to Orlando)

The Conjuring (Parisian Square)

Original based on Japanese myth (Backlot)

Heh I got all confused as to why the 7th maze would go in SS 28 I was like "Why not Hou- oh. I remember now."

So you mean put a maze where SS 28 was? Would be a good idea unless they start construction there. I think a more likely venue would be Globe Theater. That way they can keep 2 mazes on the upper lot, and everything stays balanced. Another possibility is the Courthouse soundstage (I think, i'm not sure if that's a maze-worthy space) but that's less likely in my opinion.

As far as your lineup goes I think replace RE with TEW and AWIL with something else ( I don't see it returning, probably TWD) and that's a realistic wishlist. It's time they have a Japanese maze. I mean, there's a large Asian population in SoCal too, right? Not just Hispanic culture that needs to be recognized.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

They can't keep masks or prosthetics to AVP or any outside property since they don't own the rights to it, which is what I'm sure Ferox was referring to. After the event ends, their "lease is up" for those brands. They already did something similar to this in the HoH lobby for the Thing. It would be cool for a small HHN museum featuring molds and stuff for their own properties/content that was featured at HHN. Like what Ghost said, you do NOT want to wear those masks that those scareacrors have worn for a while. My eyes are watering now just thinking about the sweat getting down to my eyes. I scared at a home haunt so I know the feeling.

Heh I got all confused as to why the 7th maze would go in SS 28 I was like "Why not Hou- oh. I remember now."

So you mean put a maze where SS 28 was? Would be a good idea unless they start construction there. I think a more likely venue would be Globe Theater. That way they can keep 2 mazes on the upper lot, and everything stays balanced. Another possibility is the Courthouse soundstage (I think, i'm not sure if that's a maze-worthy space) but that's less likely in my opinion.

As far as your lineup goes I think replace RE with TEW and AWIL with something else ( I don't see it returning, probably TWD) and that's a realistic wishlist. It's time they have a Japanese maze. I mean, there's a large Asian population in SoCal too, right? Not just Hispanic culture that needs to be recognized.

Woops I forgot SS 28 was torn down