Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

I hate hate HATE that stupid writer on that website SOOOOO much.

Why would you hate the writer? They wern't the one to decide to shut down B&T entirely instead of removing/altering the joke or not giving a care about it.

When you have someone (or a group) that decides to pull a overblown kneejerk reaction due to one person complaining, that IS the problem here. Not the one who complained about the show, because in this enviroment you'll always have someone complaining about something. It's all about how the event handles said complaints.

Both Knott's and Universal Orlando have had their fair share of complaints directed at the Hanging and B&T, sometimes they'll keep a particular joke or character in the show. Sometimes they'll alter or remove a particular joke, which is fairly easy since I know both shows have changed things up during a run. Often times things are changed not due to complaints, but just to make something flow better or put in a funnier joke.

But ultimately, neither have ever shut down the entire show over a complaint over a joke. One might think Knott's Hanging was screwed when New Line ordered them to remove Freddy from the show one year, even though he was a main character for the majority of the show. But Knott's rolled with the punches and made a new character to keep the show alive for that year. In fact later on, they made a segment poking fun at the characters they can no longer use.

For the pop culture shows, you gotta' roll with whatever is thrown at you. But if there's someone that would rather shut the whole show down from ONE person complaining over a joke, rather then change things up...then that person should not be involved whatsoever. For what they've now done is show they're pushovers, throw a big enough fit and they'll bend over backwards like the worst parents to a spoiled brat.

So once again, why would you hate the writer? They wern't the one to give the green light to shut it all down instead of altering it.

They shut it down because the damage was already done. It was too widespread and covered of an "incident." Uni could've changed it but it would just be known as the homophobic show, even with the joke gone. Most people aren't privy to how show rewrites and such work. If Uni continued the show, it probably would've seen protests, spreading the incident even further and ruining not only the show's rep for the future, or Horror Nights, but also Universal in general.

• Like 1

So TWD season premiere had some nice sets and cool scenes that could translate into a maze. I just hope it doesn't return although I wouldn't mind kinda after what I saw today but after seeing the AHS premiere there is no way I'd rather see Walking Dead than AHS, just the premier SCREAMED turn me into a maze!

• Like 2

The environments in TWD were of stuff we've already seen in Terminus and should've been in the last maze. But nope, instead they decided to waste space with the prison set again. I don't know, that ship has sailed for me now. I hope there's more locations later on, if they do indeed turn it into a maze again.

But yeah, AHS seems to be more primed for a maze at the moment.

Am I the only one who's a little concerned about next year?

For sure:

-Walking Dead (Maze, backlot experience, and Terror Tram) four years in a row.

Strong possibilities:

-A 3D Freaks maze that I'm SURE will be identical to Clowns.

-Freddy and Jason being back for a fourth year for FVJ.

Mildly possible:

-AWiL returning "by popular demand". I LOVE this house, but returning it would be kind of lame.

If all four of that happened, I would be concerned about next year's line-up.

I would love the return of AWIL, but only if they found a larger location *cough 747 cough* for it so they could do a lot more with it. And someone please get rid of the full wolf in the alley and the actor controlled ones. I never went when Freddy or Jason were there so I wouldn't mind seeing them. Walking dead, please just a maze, no complaints about that.

Am I the only one who's a little concerned about next year?

For sure:

-Walking Dead (Maze, backlot experience, and Terror Tram) four years in a row.

Strong possibilities:

-A 3D Freaks maze that I'm SURE will be identical to Clowns.

-Freddy and Jason being back for a fourth year for FVJ.

Mildly possible:

-AWiL returning "by popular demand". I LOVE this house, but returning it would be kind of lame.

If all four of that happened, I would be concerned about next year's line-up.

I think you are just expecting the worse.

-The Walking Dead will most likely be back just hopefully not the center of advertisement again, I think they are smart enough not to do Terror Tram Invaded #4 after this year since it has not been getting good feedback.

-AWIL has no reason to come back, I don't know the ratings but I'm pretty sure AVP is number one at the moment. On top of that Insidious should be a big indicator that the highest rated maze doe not always get repeated the next year.

-Clowns 3D was not based off of Klownz the scare zone I do not know why this pops up every now and then. Klownz was a gang that dressed like clowns that terrorized New York (think Joker), Clowns 3D was a clown who owned an ice cream factory that went crazy, so there is no indicator that Freakz is on it's way at all that scare zone was a while back, plus if we do get AHS it will more then likely based on Freak Show so there thats.

I have not been yet but I'm positive in what we will more then likely see next year lets see in a years time how right I am.

1. Walking Dead Season 5/No Terror Tram

2. Th Purge Terror Tram (After a 3rd movie it can't just be a SZ and that would be the best way to breath life back into the TT...with no Zombies)

3. Insidious Chapter 3

Now here is were the shot in the dark's come in,

1. Universal is releasing two Horror movies (excluding The Purge 3) Sinister 2 and Crimson Peak, Sinister would make a good maze and has been in speculation and I think is the most likely of the two, though Crimson Peak is from Del Torro Murdy has been wanting to work with him and it might be creature driven since it is his specialty but we know nothing of the movie so far.

2. I know the Conjuring is gonna come up due to Annabelle and the sequel but I feel Insidious 3 is more the hard hitter plus say we do get Purge and Sinister it's gonna be the year of the House Of Blum.

3. TV, Walking Dead being a given, From Dusk Till Dawn has proven we can do 2 or more TV shows at the same time. number one on the list of to do's is AHS and with Freak Show returning more to it's horror roots I say it's chance percentage is in the 90 range. I also wanna go to an extreme and say since FDTD is getting good reviews it might be the returning maze based on season 2. The Strain I know you guys are going with the whole it's FX and Del Toro thing but it has way too little buzz, it's not a bad show and FDTD had the same level of buzz but FDTD has a big time director and a pre-existing movie to back it up. The Strain has Del Toro and a comic but even the Comic seems to have very little buzz.

4. Video Games, I feel like it may be time to revisit them and this is the year to do it, with Silent Hills coming out and booming with the Trailer and Demo mini game and with Del Toro (again Murdy wants to work with him and still a better franchise then the Strain) and Norma Reedus, I feel like it deserves another chance and may get it. Honestly I liked Silent Hill in '12 it didn't live up to our hopes but it was not bad it just felt like it was not finish on time plus unlike scream Murdy did put his heart into it, just didn't dwell deep enough. Also another one getting buzz and for those who are a fan of Resident Evil, from the original's creators "The Evil Within" seems like pretty good maze material but we will have to see how it does with the public and sales.

5. AWIL has opened the door for lesser known and older properties so may get some of our Dream Mazes. Also no more overlay mazes!!! I would even say Trick r Treat! I mean know that Legendary is under Universal.

My guess for the line up.....also my last time speaking about next year until I actually attend this year! haha

1.The Purge Terror Tram "Terror Tram: United We Purge"

2. The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary

3. Insidious Chapter 3

4. American Horror Story: Freak Show

5. Sinister

6. Trick 'r Treat (possible theme)

7. Silent Hills

8. Dark Christmas/Krampus Maze

(Wild Cards: From Dusk Till Dawn season 2)

(Bias pick: a Wendigo maze ala Roanoke just to redeem Skullz)

No way Silent Hill would come back. AHS won't be in the event until TWD is gone. Halloween has a good chance of returning considering Murdy said he tried to bring it back this year but couldn't (probably because there was no room but 2015 will). AvP might come back but probably unlikely. Resident Evil has a low chance because of TWD.

1. Purge TT

2. The Conjuring (Parisian Square)

3. TWD (Backlot)

4. Insidious Chapter 3 (JP Que)

5. Original (Mummy)

6. Halloween (Backlot)

7. Cult Classic from 70s/80s (SS 747)

8. Freddy vs Jason (New maze location)

Edited by UniversalStudiosGeek

Line up looks plausible for sure. I'd say if Trick R Treat gets delayed until 2016 (which it may since there's been no word on them making any progress since the announcment) then I don't think we'll see it next year.

If we get Insidious again, I doubt we'd see Sinister. Id say it's more likely to get the 2 more successful IPS in one year (Insidious and Conjuring) but I doubt that too. I'd love Insidious again but The Conjuring was the highest grossing new horror franchise of all time, so if the sequel has maze potential Id rather see a new paranormal property over Insidious.

Silent Hills would be great, the Playable Teaser was terrifying. Would be perfect to advertise the games release next year as well.

Dark Christmas better happen damn it!

TWD, AHS, and Purge Terror Tram seem very likely.

A Wendigo maze would be great. Roanoke was cool but there were only two stilt walking Wendigo scareactors in the maze, with the majority of the scares coming from the cannibal colonists. Hollywood could top that!

Doubt AWIL would return, but how about repurposing the puppets and doing a Chupacabra maze? The Hispanic demographic needs a draw again next year right? Lol

CITW maze is wishful thinking but id be happy.

Freddy Vs Jason would be the perfect property to replace TWD as the main marketing IP. Would be great to see them back, and it would be 5 years since seeing them so Id welcome them back with open arms. I miss the slasher icons!

honestly we gotta stop holding onto FVJ so tight, IMO it's time is gone. Stop thinking cuz we got AVP it means FVJ is a given we are talking apples and oranges here. Unlike AVP Freddy and Jason have since split from the crossover and have been rebooted and have sequels being worked on plus NLC does not want them to be represented in the same maze (Nicasio). So if we do see them again and we will it will but modern Freddy and Jason once both have sequels out.

If we get Insidious even if we get just Purge I can say with confidence we are getting Sinister, it's as of now Universal's property, it is also owned by Blumhouse which owns The Purge and Insidious, Jason Blum wants to be more involved with Horror Nights if we get Purge and Insidious we are getting Sinister. If we are comparing it to Insidious unlike said property where the threat is ghosts and demons which makes it a haunted house maze Sinister villain Mr. Boogie is a Pegan god who lives in pictures and video. I doubt Conjuring yeah it's a big hit but I feel they are gonna go with Insidious again Jason Blum is a big factor here and Conjuring is not Blumhouse despite what people believe for some odd reason.

Finally can we stop with the "If we get the TWD again we are not gonna see AHS" crap? this year should be enough to prove that was BS because we got 2 TV shows this year. AMC has no reason to hate on FX, Fox distributes The Walking Dead overseas for pete's sake.

Silent Hills Del Toro, Norman Reedus what more do you need?

• Like 1

I think you are just expecting the worse.

-The Walking Dead will most likely be back just hopefully not the center of advertisement again, I think they are smart enough not to do Terror Tram Invaded #4 after this year since it has not been getting good feedback.

-AWIL has no reason to come back, I don't know the ratings but I'm pretty sure AVP is number one at the moment. On top of that Insidious should be a big indicator that the highest rated maze doe not always get repeated the next year.

-Clowns 3D was not based off of Klownz the scare zone I do not know why this pops up every now and then. Klownz was a gang that dressed like clowns that terrorized New York (think Joker), Clowns 3D was a clown who owned an ice cream factory that went crazy, so there is no indicator that Freakz is on it's way at all that scare zone was a while back, plus if we do get AHS it will more then likely based on Freak Show so there thats.

I have not been yet but I'm positive in what we will more then likely see next year lets see in a years time how right I am.

1. Walking Dead Season 5/No Terror Tram

2. Th Purge Terror Tram (After a 3rd movie it can't just be a SZ and that would be the best way to breath life back into the TT...with no Zombies)

3. Insidious Chapter 3

Now here is were the shot in the dark's come in,

1. Universal is releasing two Horror movies (excluding The Purge 3) Sinister 2 and Crimson Peak, Sinister would make a good maze and has been in speculation and I think is the most likely of the two, though Crimson Peak is from Del Torro Murdy has been wanting to work with him and it might be creature driven since it is his specialty but we know nothing of the movie so far.

2. I know the Conjuring is gonna come up due to Annabelle and the sequel but I feel Insidious 3 is more the hard hitter plus say we do get Purge and Sinister it's gonna be the year of the House Of Blum.

3. TV, Walking Dead being a given, From Dusk Till Dawn has proven we can do 2 or more TV shows at the same time. number one on the list of to do's is AHS and with Freak Show returning more to it's horror roots I say it's chance percentage is in the 90 range. I also wanna go to an extreme and say since FDTD is getting good reviews it might be the returning maze based on season 2. The Strain I know you guys are going with the whole it's FX and Del Toro thing but it has way too little buzz, it's not a bad show and FDTD had the same level of buzz but FDTD has a big time director and a pre-existing movie to back it up. The Strain has Del Toro and a comic but even the Comic seems to have very little buzz.

4. Video Games, I feel like it may be time to revisit them and this is the year to do it, with Silent Hills coming out and booming with the Trailer and Demo mini game and with Del Toro (again Murdy wants to work with him and still a better franchise then the Strain) and Norma Reedus, I feel like it deserves another chance and may get it. Honestly I liked Silent Hill in '12 it didn't live up to our hopes but it was not bad it just felt like it was not finish on time plus unlike scream Murdy did put his heart into it, just didn't dwell deep enough. Also another one getting buzz and for those who are a fan of Resident Evil, from the original's creators "The Evil Within" seems like pretty good maze material but we will have to see how it does with the public and sales.

5. AWIL has opened the door for lesser known and older properties so may get some of our Dream Mazes. Also no more overlay mazes!!! I would even say Trick r Treat! I mean know that Legendary is under Universal.

My guess for the line up.....also my last time speaking about next year until I actually attend this year! haha

1.The Purge Terror Tram "Terror Tram: United We Purge"

2. The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary

3. Insidious Chapter 3

4. American Horror Story: Freak Show

5. Sinister

6. Trick 'r Treat (possible theme)

7. Silent Hills

8. Dark Christmas/Krampus Maze

(Wild Cards: From Dusk Till Dawn season 2)

(Bias pick: a Wendigo maze ala Roanoke just to redeem Skullz)

This Seems pretty likely My list was pretty much the same except I was thinking Crimson Peak and The Strain. The Strain is pretty popular. It opened to 8 million viewers which is pretty close to AHS: Freakshow which got 10 million. I'd say it a lot more popular than FDTD based on this http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F0zbw6gp%2C%20%2Fm%2F0tkdhxn&cmpt=q

Edited by Ridesandstuff

Someone want to go ahead and open up 2015 wishful thinking?

Anyways, here's my wishful lineup (I'll explain any properties if asked)

1. TT: The Purge

2. Sinister (2015 sequel, combo of both movies_

3. AHS

4. BioShock (no reason just hopes)

5. TWD (PLEASE NO but likely so oh well)

6. Dark Christmas

7. I've run out of ideas. I'm glad I'm not john. The Strain maybe?

Silent Hills will probably wait until 2016, which is its target release date. But I'd say its a strong possibility with big names such as Del Toro and Norman Reedus (John probably isn't familiar with Kojima but oh well)

TWD Season 5 premiere - "The episode was watched by 17.3 million viewers and 11 million adults aged 18-49, increases of 7% and 6%, respectively, over the season four premiere, the previous record-holder. With time-shifted playback, the season five premiere should exceed 22 million viewers."

I hope next year's maze is good.... Lol

• Like 1

I think this is very realistic (and I hope so):

1) Trick'r'Treat (sequel next year and Murdy has even said on twitter its a maybe)

2) AHS (just please god please)

3) TWD (it's just one maze let it happen)

4) Dark Christmas (original already excited for this lol)

5) Woman in Black (sequel next year)

6) Halloween (Rob Zombie so it's "new" and the third one comes out next year so)

7) Exorcist/Shining (wishful thinking)

8) TT: The Purge

Edited by hhnfanforever

Someone want to go ahead and open up 2015 wishful thinking?

Anyways, here's my wishful lineup (I'll explain any properties if asked)

1. TT: The Purge

2. Sinister (2015 sequel, combo of both movies_

3. AHS

4. BioShock (no reason just hopes)

5. TWD (PLEASE NO but likely so oh well)

6. Dark Christmas

7. I've run out of ideas. I'm glad I'm not john. The Strain maybe?

Silent Hills will probably wait until 2016, which is its target release date. But I'd say its a strong possibility with big names such as Del Toro and Norman Reedus (John probably isn't familiar with Kojima but oh well)

Kojima is not too much a horror icon but a Video Icon so I don't think it matter since I'm sure Del Toro will be doing all the press for the game here with Reedus... but I thought they were aiming for late 2015? oh well Maybe if they hit a January mark other then that we will tuck it under 2016 speculation. Well as far as Video games lets see how well The Evil Within does when it comes out the buzz is pretty good.