Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

The whole "no cuts" thing is also being based off how quickly(or not so quickly) you get through the line. They clicker/eyeball the amount of people ahead of you before you're given a ticket, so while it's a rough estimate on very busy nights, it's a good one once they factor in the possibility of a group of ten meeting up with the one person holding their spot in line, and likewise, the several groups of 1-3 folks that chicken out or get out of line before getting to the front. So it IS a way to keep an eye on cutting, but also get a guesstimate on wait times.

Dud they give you anything after you returned the card? Other parks (not so much haunts, although I believe I've seen knotts do it during scary farm), but theme parks in general or card wait times, usually give the person who held the marker for them, a little something extra (disneyland gives a free fol pass to any ride).

Really loved this year! I'll do a full review tomorrow but as my ranking stands...

An American Werewolf In London (Seriously the only time I've EVER screamed out loud in a maze. I usually startle but yeah. Full on loud scream out of me)

Alien Vs. Predator

Dracula Untold (I was surprised I actually liked this. I saw the movie a few weeks back and yeah. Lots of stuff in the maze that wasn't in the film)

From Dusk Till Dawn

Face Off

The Walking Dead

Clowns (I think this might be the worst maze I've ever seen at HHN.)

But all and all I LOVED this year. Certainly MILES above the last several. I hope I can make it back..

I really did! I mean I didn't care for Alice Cooper and it's sequel, nor El Cucuy. But at least those all had elements I could admire from a scenic standpoint. Clowns was just the worst. Worse even than anything in HOH. It was one of the few we waited in line for, but my game plan kept it only at 20 mins. But had I waited any longer I would have been pissed. Just beyond terrible. The set work was repetitive and dull. I felt absolutely nothing resembling a storyline presented. And most of the scare actors were just beyond lazy.

AWIL more than made up for it, I think AWIL might be the first time a haunted attraction has ever made me actually scream out loud. My throat even still hurts.

I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who hated Clowns that much.

I hate Clowns, I haven't been a fan of any of their 3D/music mazes minus the first year they did House of 1000 Corpses. I just, no. Stop it. It feels like you're walking through a fun house at a carnival, only worse because the carnival is at least fun, and honestly, it's scarier to walk through the carnival fun house than Clowns at HHN.

Also, I'll be at the event, solo and as an actual guest tonight! I'll have my HHN 2012 shirt on (I cut the shirt so it hangs off the shoulders), my docs or some kind of black boots, I've always got my "Manson" contact lenses in when I'm visiting HHN as a guest too. If you see me, say hi! I'll be there by 530 and popping into early entry line.

Edited by Mellie_Monster

All the videos of Clowns look horrible as well, so I don't think it's the cast. People just have different strokes as to what they like, I suppose!

I honestly think Clowns may have been the worst maze I've ever done at a Haunt. This includes KSF and Fright Fest as well...

I honestly think Clowns may have been the worst maze I've ever done at a Haunt. This includes KSF and Fright Fest as well...

... that's a little extreme lol I've gone through some TERRRRIIIIIIBLLEEEE KSF and Fright Fest mazes. I remember when Brutal Planet at Fright Fest was all the rage as the best maze there and I went through it, and it was easily one of the worst mazes I've ever gone through.

As for KSF, there's some embarrassing blunders there as well: Dia De Los Muertos, Lore of the Vampire, Lost Vegas, Dark Realm with Lazer Tag, Endgames, Invasion Beneath. Ewwww *shivers*

• Like 1

... that's a little extreme lol I've gone through some TERRRRIIIIIIBLLEEEE KSF and Fright Fest mazes. I remember when Brutal Planet at Fright Fest was all the rage as the best maze there and I went through it, and it was easily one of the worst mazes I've ever gone through.

As for KSF, there's some embarrassing blunders there as well: Dia De Los Muertos, Lore of the Vampire, Lost Vegas, Dark Realm with Lazer Tag, Endgames, Invasion Beneath. Ewwww *shivers*

Just watched a tv spot for Brutal Planet. One of the reviews said "best haunted house in the world." I wonder what context that was taken out of.

• Like 1

need a little advice on something

im doing a montage-y thing with my hhn videos and i just wanted some opinions on it. Its not finished as i didnt get enough footage but ill try to film more when i go back on the 26th. Also you might need to pause it and l;et it load a bit before it plays, Flickr is weird with videos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84890525@N04/15267860010/

Edited by Ridesandstuff

Little side note about tonight, it being the first Sunday of the event, even with early entry, my group and myself got through EVETY. SINGLE. MAZE. plus multiple SZ walkthroughs, and standing to watch the auctioneer for a good 45-60 min, by 11pm! It's chainsaw chaseout right now (take end) and I haven't seen the park this ... dead, since last year. I think the longest wait time I saw for anything was a 60 min for AVP around 8/9pm ish. And props to those SAs who brought it ALL NIGHT LONG, especially in the heat earlier in the day/night.