HHNH Planning & Tips (The 2014 Edition)

Here's a question:

Say that Sunday the 12th and Saturday the 27th (my 2 options) both sell out.

Which one is more crowded? Does park capacity ever change?

Just buy the tickets 2-3 days before and you should be fine. But the Saturday date will most Likely be higher in attendance. Not by much though, both nights will be pretty full.

Ok...another question. Can someone suggest a close hotel? I stayed at the hilton right on the hill. While its an ideal location i realized I was in the room less than 8 hours my entire stay while at universal studios. Any closer places that are pretty reasonable? How about transportation to and from the hotel? Is the taxi service fair or is it like that non metered taxis in orlando?

Thanks for the help guys!

Ok...another question. Can someone suggest a close hotel? I stayed at the hilton right on the hill. While its an ideal location i realized I was in the room less than 8 hours my entire stay while at universal studios. Any closer places that are pretty reasonable? How about transportation to and from the hotel? Is the taxi service fair or is it like that non metered taxis in orlando?

I found a place for you down the street on Ventura blvd. it should be walking distance if not the bus runs all up and down if not you can always über. Here's the info the place is called el royale. The address is 11117 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604 number is (323)-706-2737 it has five stars in yelp.

Edited by ahhwhatHhn

Just buy the tickets 2-3 days before and you should be fine. But the Saturday date will most Likely be higher in attendance. Not by much though, both nights will be pretty full.

Last time I went I went on the 13th (WD premier night) and it sold out. So I've experienced the worst of HHN, which was nothing, as long as you follow Murdy's tips.

I am not sure if this is within your expectations but I too have stayed at the Hilton before and loved the rooms. It is within walking distance to the park and there is not much worry about staying until HHN's closing. This year I was able to get a room at the Sheraton Universal (right by the Hilton) for $113/night through Hotwire and has the same perk of being able to walk to Citywalk and HHN.

I have also stayed the Residence Inn and Tangerine Inn (both in nearby Burbank) and enjoyed both as well (140-190 range). But I always get a rental car and found it to be as cheap to rent than to take 2 or 3 cab rides to various locations. Plus, I have sworn not to rely on public transportation (but that is just me). If I want to be somewhere, I like the Freedom of traveling where I want, when I want.

IF Hotwire or Priceline is not for you, try Tripadvisor or Expedia. Both will give you what is considered the best rate and reviews of the hotels. Tripadvisor will actually provide costs through various vendors, including Expedia.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. I looked around and saw rooms close in the 300-400 range! So, I went to priceline and took a chance. I really, REALLY wanted one of the two places on the hill so I chose 4 stars. Unfortunetly, I didnt get one of those but got the www.hotelamarano.com for 180.00 with taxes instead. Its showing it to be like 1.25 miles away from the park. Anyone in the area familiar with this place? Im nervous!

Thanks guys. I looked around and saw rooms close in the 300-400 range! So, I went to priceline and took a chance. I really, REALLY wanted one of the two places on the hill so I chose 4 stars. Unfortunetly, I didnt get one of those but got the www.hotelamarano.com for 180.00 with taxes instead. Its showing it to be like 1.25 miles away from the park. Anyone in the area familiar with this place? Im nervous!

I have heard good things about the hotel. Should have no worries. There is a minor science to bidding on Hotwire/Priceline including exploring "bidding forums". I thought for sure I was bidding on Hilton but ended up with the Sheraton. Hee Hee!

Oh my god my sister is throwing a wrench in my plans. I told her I don't want to do any rides, and because my dad insists we all stay together and can't go off on our own, she wants to do every ride except for the Simpsons. Gah she's killing me. It's gonna be like last year where I only get to do the backlot mazes 2 times and lower lot 1 and 2 times. And upper lot once each.

lets keep it civil guys!

anyways here is my plan I will tweak as the the event runs

I'm going on a Saturday so I will arrive at City Walk in the early afternoon eat and walk around a bit and do early entry.

If it goes to the backlot first again (hope it does) here is the battle plan

1. Walking Dead: End Of The Line

2. AVP

3. From Dusk Till Dawn (Get The Prize)

4. head back to lower lot

5. Transformer 3D

6. Clowns 3D

7. An American Werewolf In London

8. Jurassic Park In The Dark

9. The Mummy

10. With luck, it will work out like last year and it should be around 8:30/9:00 so quick break for snacks and bathroom.

11. back to the upper lot to Terror Tram

12. Face/Off In The Flesh

13. Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

14. Finish Off with Dracula Untold

15. Chainsaw Chaseout and look for Surveys!!!!!

Out of all the years I've been, 2012 and 2013 I never once found the prize people or got the prize. In 2012 I found the mailman but didn't get jack and Specs and Tucker were NEVER there when I was. But I still got the business card from the VIP tour. I have it tucked into my universal laniard. I can't wait to see what Richie does when you tell him the name or what you get from the doorman