HHNH Planning & Tips (The 2014 Edition)

My god I hope this is misinformation. I hope that enough people complain and they change it, or that it's only for the first few weekends.

Or maybe AP holders get to go in the mazes during daytime op? Because HHN doesn't start until 7 and I don't see them changing the hours. When does the park close, do you know?

Edit: Park closes at 6. My understanding of this is that, during Daytime operation AP holders may line up. That would explain why you need a daytime pass to enter. I doubt General Admission Early Access will be changed.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

My god I hope this is misinformation. I hope that enough people complain and they change it, or that it's only for the first few weekends.

Or maybe AP holders get to go in the mazes during daytime op? Because HHN doesn't start until 7 and I don't see them changing the hours. When does the park close, do you know?

Nope, according to that link, it's just a replication of early entry, just for those with an AP pass. And it's the entire year it seems.

Let me get this straight....early entry is only for AP holders (Which there are a LOT), they're apparently selling a lot more KDN passes than they probably should, and there are no shows this year (Apparently). Get ready for the apocalypse.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight....early entry is only for AP holders (Which there are a LOT), they're apparently selling a lot more KDN passes than they probably should, and there are no shows this year (Apparently). Get ready for the apocalypse.

We just need to avoid the KDN days and go on a Thursday or Sunday. Not sure if there will be many days like that, but that's how I'll plan it.

Yes, solid tips that are mainly based on hitting Early Access. I know I'll be able to do everything probably, but I'll end up giving up on dinner, Despicable Me, and going through any maze more than once. The first and the last of which I've done every year. I just don't think there will be time for that anymore.

Moving this discussion over on the right thread now!

Anyway, I think DTH's tips are still good to apply even in the case that you don't get early access.

Go on a night that's not usually so busy. That's obviously crucial.

Eat a good sized dinner before you go into the park (I rec Saddle Ranch because the entrees are so big that people can easily split entrees there and be completely full for hours). Also, bathroom. Eating and using the restroom before you get to the park is really just common sense for any theme park trip, for any occasion.

Book it to the backlot and over the night, make your way back to the upper lot, hitting everything on the way.

The crowd you go with is also definitely a huge factor on whether or not you see everything or even see things multiple times. If your group is like-minded, agreeable, and pumped up enough, you should be fine. I don't know about you, but both times I went last year, my groups were so excited, nobody needed to be a drill sergeant. Someone would randomly shout out a maze name and everyone else would just go, "Yeah! Yeah! Let's do it!" And then we'd power-walk to our destination like a bunch of really well-organized toddlers juiced up on... well, Halloween candy. Not everyone in my groups were athletic and fit either. Adrenaline kind of did the work for everyone those nights. We did take little rests and we did take snack and restroom breaks too.

Don't panic. Just get the essentials out of the way before you get there, know where you're going, and remember the important thing is to have a good time.

• Like 1

This obviously doesn't mean it will be the same for you guys, but in Orlando, Despicable Me has always been <20 min wait during HHN every night, no matter how crowded. Maybe the appeal isn't there to the crowd that normally comes to HHN, but then again your Transformers gets 2+ hour waits and ours is lucky to hit an hour during HHN. However, I feel like if you guys have no show this year, there's that much less for people who don't do the houses at HHN to do (maybe they're there cuz the rest of their family went or they had to go for whatever reason etc.), so maybe they'll crowd the ride lines.

• I wanna thank everyone who contributes to this thread. Last year was my first time at HHN hollywood and if it werent for you guys I would not have enjoyed myself as much as I did! looking forward to more tips and advise as the event opens!
  • Like 3

This thread is awesome! I'll keep checking back once the event starts! I mentioned in the general discussion thread that I just purchased FOL passes for 31st (it's the only night we can attend) and I figured FOL passes would at least ensure we get as much done as possible (and potentially time for double ups). I plan on following your game plan though DTH as a general direction guide, but I do want to try and get as many (or all) of the rides in as possible, since we will not get the opportunity to visit the park during the day.

thanks for all the effort you go to to ensure others enjoy the night!

• Like 1

My game plan with FOL and 2 fast people:

-Opt for Early Access-

Walking Dead

AVP

FDTD

Clowns 3D

AWiL

Terror Tram (FOL)

Dracula

Face Off

-Break Time/Food & Drink-

Despicable Me (FOL)

Simpsons (FOL)

The Mummy (FOL)

Jurassic Park (FOL)

Transformers (FOL)

Walking Dead (FOL)

AVP (FOL)

FDTD (FOL)

Clowns 3D (FOL)

AWiL (FOL)

DRACULA (FOL)

FACE OFF (FOL)

-Chainsaw Chaseout-

Hatchet's plan looks great, except I will be attending the opening scaremony purely because a) first time at the event. B) first time Halloween in us c) I think it will start our night off in the best fashion ;)

but I was planning on trying to follow a game plan for the initial maze/rides and then use the FOL pass for second helpings of our favourites! Can anyone shed some light on how long we can expect to wait in the FOL queue?

I think imma do this plan since i got GA..........let me know what you guys think.

Eat at Camachos before event so we don't eat during event

Opt for early access

Backlot mazes and repeat any mazes we really like.

Lower Lot mazes and repeats

Jurassic Park (my girlfriends favorite ride we have to do it)

Terror Tram

Dracula

Despicable Me

Face Off

Any other repeats depending on time

Buy shirts!