HHNH Planning & Tips (The 2014 Edition)

5 min at the most. There are hold ups, sometimes, but usually its a literal walk in. You may have to wait for a celeb to go through, an emergency situation, etc..

All night, even on the busiest nights?? In Orlando they can get up to 30 min, sometimes more. Lol

• Like 1

I think imma do this plan since i got GA..........let me know what you guys think.

Eat at Camachos before event so we don't eat during event

Opt for early access

Backlot mazes and repeat any mazes we really like.

Lower Lot mazes and repeats

Jurassic Park (my girlfriends favorite ride we have to do it)

Terror Tram

Dracula

Despicable Me

Face Off

Any other repeats depending on time

Buy shirts!

That seems pretty solid to me. Getting your repeats out of the way before you leave a specific lot is a good idea, especially if you don't really care about hitting the upper lot stuff.

Wow, DTH, you put a LOT of time into this - it's very much appreciated. I mentioned before that I only attended your event once. It was a few years ago, and we happened to be in LA the weekend before Halloween. Our business there was during the day, and we were contemplating what to do that night.. and I was like - OH MY GOD WE CAN GO TO HORROR NIGHTS! It was a last minute decision. Because of this, we got in on a VIP tour (thank god). However, I do have a few comments on all the info you gave here compared to our experience..

1. I wish I would've known you before we went to the event. What GREAT advice

2. I hope to NEVER do the opening scaremonies again - I didn't realize that's what it was called at the time. I just know we were smooshed in with a whole lot of people waiting for the gates to open, and all of a sudden, there were all these guys with chainsaws and it was fuckin pandemonium. Honestly, I thought we were going to be trampled to death. It scared me more than anything else did the rest of the night. It was so claustrophobic and chaotic.. Omg. NO.

3. It's extremely important to get a map and also to pay attention here in order to know where you're going. I mean, we got the VIP tour, but when it was over and we were on our own, we were kind of clueless. The Hollywood park is SO different from Orlando, and it can be disorienting if you don't know it. For example, for some reason I thought the Terror Tram was the thing that brought you to the "back lot". I'm glad you were very specific on where to find the trams for the back lot and everything else. Your generosity in spending the time to write all this is very much appreciated.

4. You talk about nights that "aren't as crowded".. so let me get really specific.... we literally only have 2 nights to attend this event: Opening night and the next night which is a Saturday. How crowded do you think either night will be? Do you think Opening Night will be crazy and then Saturday night not so much cuz the "opening night" excitement is over and it's way too early for Halloween? Do tell. I'd really like your opinions so we have an idea of what to expect.

5. We already bought VIP for Opening Night and FOL for Saturday. Why? Because we are flying in from Chicago for this, and I'm not going to pay all the travel costs to get there and get cheap on the tickets only to stand in lines for hours. However, your plan still makes sense as to what order to do it all in. I'm specifically coming to your event just to see AWIL - and my goal is to get thru that house a MINIMUM of six times in two nights. Think I can do it?

Any other advise would be more than welcomed. You guys are rock stars

• Like 1

^if you're going two times, first two weekends, with VIP and FOL you can be sure you'll see almost everything at least twice. The first few weeks can get crowded there no comparison to later in the events run. I think a lot of the GP aren't in the halloween mood that early. Just be smart about your plan getting around the park and you'll have a terrific time, I can guarantee that :)

• Like 1

I've gone opening night for the last 3 years and it isn't that bad compared to the things I've heard later in Oct. Then again, I'm always ahead of the crowd and getting 0 lines for the first 2 hours of my night, and I look at the time board, and imagine it must be hell for the people who were "behind me." The worse opening night was '12 when celebs were stopping up Alice Cooper and TWD, and I waited in both of those for 80 mins, which is unusual to wait that long twice in a row with the "back of the park first" method. You're only supposed to get caught in one line like that, but oh well.

AWIL 6 times will be easy since VIP gets you unlimited FOL. I suggest doing a route of all the mazes (1 time) and once you're done, do AWIL 3 times in a row (4 times). Then come back the next night, route around once more without using the FOL (5 times), and then come back around with your FOL for your final run (6 times). I will say the exit/FOL entry area for AWIL/JP queue is VERRRRRY long, but I'm sure you could literally exit and hop over the rope and get back in the FOL line without having to do the walk over again (you'll see what I mean when you go, but watch videos by SharpProductions for our Insidious, TCM and Alice Cooper Welcome to my Nightmare mazes and they actually show you the FOL line next to the exit in one of them)

And forever56, yeah, our FOL is nowhere near as bad as Orlando's FOL situation! Unless they oversell FOL this year or something, but I've never seen the FOL line more than 20 ppl deep.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 4

That seems pretty solid to me. Getting your repeats out of the way before you leave a specific lot is a good idea, especially if you don't really care about hitting the upper lot stuff.

The longer i spend at the backlot and lower lot the less time i wait in lines at the upper lot is what i think....but yeah the stuff on the upper lot is the low priority. Dracula and Despicable Me are the two things I'm most looking forward to on the upper lot. The Terror Tram I've been through since 2009 and its pretty much the same thing every year and Face Off is in HOH and it SHOULDNT be a long wait.

Hahah, HoH, gosh. The first time I went through it was also the last time, the line was INSANELY PACKED (more than the TWD for some reason!) and I remember being so stoked, thinking "THIS MAZE MUST BE BADASS!!" And then we went through it and it was mostly just long and we were all like...

Oh.

And by the time we got out of it, the wait was nothing! It was crazy.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how much parking is? I think remeber it being almost $20 or maybe it was $20. And also is there somewhere you can park for free?

Parking for free.........i don't think so, unless maybe parking at the hotel and hiking up to universal but i don't if the hotels make you have a pass...which they probably do.

Hey guys...I know a lot of Orlando folks also participate on this forum....and a lot of them want to experience both events (back to back preferably). Well, I just booked a flight from Orlando--->Burbank then from Orange county--->Columbia SC for JUST 447.00! Flights seems to be reasonable right now. My travel dates are oct 11th-15th to give you an idea. Seems the best time to buy flights is NOW!!!

• Like 1

I've never been on a Friday before. How bad do you think September 26th is going to be? Don't most nights, even Thursdays sell out anyway?

Actually last year the first two weekends the attendance was surprisingly low compared to their projected attendance. You should be good to go on the 26th!

Actually last year the first two weekends the attendance was surprisingly low compared to their projected attendance. You should be good to go on the 26th!

Well, with Killer Deal Nights, the 4 night pass, special $43 tickets via this link: Ushtix.com/hhnearlydeal, I think there is gonna be a much larger influx of people for the first 2 weekends this year. I guess we'll see.