HHNH Planning & Tips (The 2014 Edition)

Hunnylvr,

With a VIP pass even on the most packed night, you will be able to do EVERY maze 6 times if you wanted.

Couple of important things you need to understand about Hollywood vs Orlando -

1) The "Gate A" line is never more than a couple of minutes, whereas Orlando's Express line can easily be 30 minutes as you know.

2) With the exception of the house in the JP queue, the walks from exit to entrance for any Hollywood house are very short, compared to the 1/4 mile walk to do the soundstage/tents at Orlando.

Coming from such a long way, you have chosen wisely to do the VIP. You do realize that your FOTL the next night will be single-entry per house? That may be a bit of a letdown compared to the full access you will have the night before.

If you are going to be in LA an extra day, might I suggest you visit Delusion - the tickets JUST went on sale and believe me - it will be will be the best part of your trip. Honestly - consider even leaving HHN early on Sat to catch a late entry to Delusion. It's not that far from HHN.

• Like 2

Hey guys - did you ever come up with an official "phrase" or whatever you call it? I can't seem to find that thread.. I want to make sure that when we finally get to Hollywood, we know what we're supposed to be screaming -if anything.

My dad who's friends with John Murdy said that it's going to be TwoTonTick.

Yaay! You're back! Great to see you back on the forums again!

• Like 3

Hunnylvr,

With a VIP pass even on the most packed night, you will be able to do EVERY maze 6 times if you wanted.

Couple of important things you need to understand about Hollywood vs Orlando -

1) The "Gate A" line is never more than a couple of minutes, whereas Orlando's Express line can easily be 30 minutes as you know.

2) With the exception of the house in the JP queue, the walks from exit to entrance for any Hollywood house are very short, compared to the 1/4 mile walk to do the soundstage/tents at Orlando.

Coming from such a long way, you have chosen wisely to do the VIP. You do realize that your FOTL the next night will be single-entry per house? That may be a bit of a letdown compared to the full access you will have the night before.

If you are going to be in LA an extra day, might I suggest you visit Delusion - the tickets JUST went on sale and believe me - it will be will be the best part of your trip. Honestly - consider even leaving HHN early on Sat to catch a late entry to Delusion. It's not that far from HHN.

Wow! Thank you, kind sir! I appreciate the extra tips. And yes, I know that the FOTL pass on Saturday is one time use. That's ok though - I'm used to that as that's how Express works in Orlando. I can plan around it.

Thanks for the idea on Delusion. I will have to check that out.

HAHAHAH! Ok - I thought TwoTonTick would be it. So, please, enlighten me. When is one supposed to scream this wonderful little name? Does it have Beetlejuice type results?

Thanks for the idea on Delusion. I will have to check that out.

Don't take my word for it about Delusion. Check out Yelp. I don't think there's a rating less than 4 for the past three years they've been doing it. It is simply perfection - a haunt not only with a story, but you participate in the story. The tickets will be sold out in a couple of days, so act now.

• Like 2

How plausible is my schedule this year for Friday the 26th? I cut out dinner in order to repeat the lower lot mazes. And since Bill and Ted is gone, I have time to repeat the backlot mazes. BTW, SR means single rider.

Early Entrance: 6:30pm

Skullz Scarezone

Backlot Tram (If we have to walk, it screws this all up FYI)

Walking Dead: Welcome to Terminus Scarezone

Walking Dead: End of the Line: 6:50pm – 6:55pm

Alien Vs. Predator: 6:55pm – 7:05pm

From Dusk Till Dawn: 7:05pm – 7:15pm

(Repeat all mazes on BL from most popular to least?)

Lower Lot Tram

Transformers: The Ride (SR?): 8:00pm – 8:10pm

An American Werewolf in London: 8:10pm – 8:25pm

The Mummy (SR?): 8:25pm – 8:35pm

Clowns 3D: 8:35pm – 8:55pm

Jurassic Park in the Dark (SR?): 8:55pm – 9:05pm

(Repeat all mazes on LL from most popular to least?)

Walking Dead Terror Tram: 9:45pm – 11:40pm

Dark Christmas Scarezone

Dracula Untold: 11:45pm – 12:45am

Despicable Me (SR?): 12:45am – 1:00am

The Purge: Anarchy Scarezone

Face Off (HoH) 1:00am– 1:15am

(Repeat UL mazes?)

Chainsaw Chaseout 1:50am

Sounds like a good plan. I don't think you'll need SR for Transformers at 8 though. It'll prob say 15 mins, but it'll most likely be a walk on.

That explains the question mark. Last year I walked right on, too. Just not sure if it will be different because I'll be spending more time on the backlot this year.

Do you guys think it would be reasonable to do Terror Tram last on a Sunday? Last year we were able to leave the park at 11:30 after doing the upper lot mazes, we had done TT already, but with the possible walk this year and a 7th maze, do you think it would be possible?

I really wouldn't recommend it. Lines get bad right before it closes up there, so I think you'd be better off being safe rather than sorry.

Do you more knowledgable guys know if with VIP this plan would be possible or would I have to cut stuff down? And this is with no early entry. I'm bringing a newbie and want him to go through the scaramonies. And I'm just assuming with this high goal I'm cutting out rides. I've done them all a lot before so I'm not missing much.

TWD-x3

FDTD-x4

AVP-x4

AWIL-x6

C3D-x4

DU-x3

TT-x1

FO-x1

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

Do you more knowledgable guys know if with VIP this plan would be possible or would I have to cut stuff down? And this is with no early entry. I'm bringing a newbie and want him to go through the scaramonies. And I'm just assuming with this high goal I'm cutting out rides. I've done them all a lot before so I'm not missing much.

TWD-x0

FDTD-x0

AVP-x0

AWIL-x0

C3D-x0

DU-x0

TT-x0

FO-x26

FTFY.

Definitely manageable.

TWD-x3

FDTD-x4

AVP-x4

AWIL-x6

C3D-x4

DU-x3

TT-x1

FO-x1

only 1 time on the terror tram and not 5............you got to be kidding me

Do you guys think it would be reasonable to do Terror Tram last on a Sunday? Last year we were able to leave the park at 11:30 after doing the upper lot mazes, we had done TT already, but with the possible walk this year and a 7th maze, do you think it would be possible?

Terror Tram closes at 11pm on sundays so take that into consideration.

If you are doing the backlot to upper lot plan i would hit the terror tram first before you do the other mazes on the upper lot.

Sounds similar to the plan we are doing, Except the only rides we are doing is Jurassic Park and MAYBE Despicable me because it is new. i wouldn't be too worried about that walk, i remember when we went to the backlot last year i told myself "why couldn't we just walk here" thats coming from a fat guy btw

Edited by Doctor Jeffula