HHNH Planning & Tips (The 2014 Edition)

So for those who went, how did the backlot-first plan hold up? Were the wait times short?

Also, are the maze entrances in the same places as last year?

Wait Times

Walking Dead- 1st Walkthrough was a walk on, 2nd was about 5-10 minutes

AVP- Walk On

From Dusk Till Dawn- 1st wt a few minutes 2nd was about 15-25 mins

AWIL- 1st time Over an hour 2nd about a half hour

Clowns- 1 hour

Dracula- A few Minutes

Face Off- Walk On

Terror Tram- Walk On

The maze entrances for everything is the same, FDTD in a new location by the exit of the backlot

Doing the backlot first with early entry was a good idea for general admission. We gone through all the mazes once and repeated walking dead and from dusk till dawn and left the backlot a little after 8. We did the 2nd walkthrough of FDTD last and after we left thats when the wait times started to build up

The first walkthrough of AWIL and Clowns were over an hour and the upper lot was not busy. Seemed to be a crowded night though.

NEW GAME PLAN EVERYONE:

Backlot first. RETURN to the Upper Lot. Go back down to the lower lot.

This will seriously work.

Backlot and Upper Lot are jammed for the first 2 hours.

Lower Lot gets jammed starting at around 9, while the Upper Lot people are finally moving down.

At around 11, the backlot and lower lot people are finally coming back up and the upper lot gets jammed again.

By the end of the night, the lower lot has really short waits.

It seems after last year, everyone caught wise and are doing backlot first. However, with Early Entry, you'll be ahead of the crowd.

So again...

BACKLOT

UPPER LOT

LOWER LOT

Edited by DTH316

NEW GAME PLAN EVERYONE:

Backlot first. RETURN to the Upper Lot. Go back down to the lower lot.

This will seriously work.

Backlot and Upper Lot are jammed for the first 2 hours.

Lower Lot gets jammed starting at around 9, while the Upper Lot people are finally moving down.

At around 11, the backlot and lower lot people are finally coming back up and the upper lot gets jammed again.

By the end of the night, the lower lot has really short waits.

It seems after last year, everyone caught wise and are doing backlot first. However, with Early Entry, you'll be ahead of the crowd.

So again...

BACKLOT

UPPER LOT

LOWER LOT

I'm a bit hesitant about this game plan. Are you sure it will work?

I'm not sure of anything this year. Haha

And just like that, the stress slowly settled in Josh's bloodstream. Will he listen to the new plan and be thrust out of his comfort zone or be forced to wade through the crowds of the lower lot in a vain quest for normality? Find out next week on The HHN Chronicles.....

I dont know if this will work technically I dont ever look atopening night for a gameplan too many factors mess all of it up (eyegore, celebs, lines being held up, etc.) So for saturday at 7:30 all wait times were 10 min except for the backlot and simpsons ride... which the backlot were 25-40 min and by about 8:30 on til almost 1030/11 awil wait time was 75+ and clowns was 60+ so unless your gonna wait and do those at complete last which means you have to waste 2 hours on the upperlot (which cant really happen). Again like I always say everyone can do what they want you dont have to follow what I say just my opinion...

Has anyone ever tried using Uber to get back home during HHN?

Yes, I used Friday night, it was obnoxious, something happened unrelated to universal (I think) that had tons of cop cars, holding up traffic, etc etc but that aside, even if there hadn't been a mess at the bottom of the hill, I can imagine the traffic just to get to where the cabs/limos/etc pick up off city walk is a nightmare, unless you stay THROUGH chainsaw chaseout and essentially give those crowds time to leave the parking structure and city walk, or if you tell uber/lyft to meet you elsewhere.

• Like 1

The original plan worked perfectly. I got to the backlot with early entry by 6:45pm, did everything other than Simpsons and Despicable Me, waited in up to 35 minute waits for all our first runs, and then repeated Face Off since it was a walk on, and repeated AvP with an 80 minute wait at the end of the night.

Check my review for more specifics, but we did everything except for Despicable Me and the Mummy.

We easily could've done Mummy at the top of the night while it had no line but our friend was scared.

And we could've easily done DM but we decided to repeat AWIL instead.

Edited by DTH316

For those of you doubting the importance of having a solid plan, allow me to recount the atrocity that was last night:

I was going to follow the plan that I had created last year, which worked wonderfully.

However, my brother had not informed me that he wanted to take a detour to Rodeo Drive (he likes cars) so I was not able to account for that when we departed at 1:30.

I objected very vocally, reasoning that it would mess with my plan, but my dad just said "Go with the flow, it doesn't matter."

We arrived at the park at 7:30.

I was able to do AWiL, Clowns, and AvP (Which, by the way, I waited 140 mintues for.)

Everyone bitched about how long the line was.

I want so bad right now to slap everyone in my family and scream "I TOLD YOU SO"

So if you haven't yet, make a plan RIGHT NOW. Or else HHN will be hell.

• Like 1

I objected very vocally, reasoning that it would mess with my plan, but my dad just said "Go with the flow, it doesn't matter."

We arrived at the park at 7:30.

That really goes to show how important the first 30 minutes are. That and not traveling with people that are going to mess up your plans.

Seriously, that sounds awful.

• Like 1