HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Do you guys think a Motley Crue house is possible to commemorate this year being the band's last? The band held a press conference today to talk about their final tour and final album. The album will be released right before the tour begins. The tour begins sometime this summer. I think it could work because Motley Crue got started in the L.A. area and John Murdy loves having bands do houses for HHN. It could be called "Motley Crue's Carnival Of Sins".

I highly doubt (at least I hope) there will ever be a Mötley Crüe maze. Remember the Rock Star maze is a tricky thin line Alice Cooper fit because of his Horror Theme of some of his work, Black Sabbath barley made the cut because they have a dark tone and slight horror like flavor yet despite a decent high rated maze people still complained about it. Only a few people like Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson have the chops to wonder into haunt territory but just like KISS I don't think it would be a wise idea to mix them into the HHN fray, and Hell I like them (unlike KISS who I wish never existed). Also lets stay on topic here guys.

Yeah, the music has to *sound* scary. Murdy said that's why certain Cooper songs weren't used and I'm assuming why a few Black Sabbath songs didn't get used. Even if the band sings about kinda dark stuff, the music has to fit. And as Grind said, the Venn Diagram has just about zero overlap.

• Like 1

More on the topic of Rock Star Mazes there is brand recognition and the artist themselves, a lot of horror themed/dark bands are either not that big or have a very small following. This eliminates a ton of bands/musicians. The only "Perfect Fits" by Murdy's standards (at least from my view are Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, and The Misfits, two of those have been done and there is a ton of issues with the misfits aside from anything Haunt related (and his name is Jerry Only). Then you get the ones who could pass under certain circumstances like Black Sabbath and Figure (The later being that they had enough dark songs to flesh out a maze, and Figure's being that he provided the sound track and the maze was not based on his music). The only other band I can see being used and this is a big "IF" is Avenged Sevenfold since they have awareness and some dark songs that could be done ala "13". Other than that most everything else is filed under "is never gonna happen" or "Should never happen".

More on the topic of Rock Star Mazes there is brand recognition and the artist themselves, a lot of horror themed/dark bands are either not that big or have a very small following. This eliminates a ton of bands/musicians. The only "Perfect Fits" by Murdy's standards (at least from my view are Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, and The Misfits, two of those have been done and there is a ton of issues with the misfits aside from anything Haunt related (and his name is Jerry Only). Then you get the ones who could pass under certain circumstances like Black Sabbath and Figure (The later being that they had enough dark songs to flesh out a maze, and Figure's being that he provided the sound track and the maze was not based on his music). The only other band I can see being used and this is a big "IF" is Avenged Sevenfold since they have awareness and some dark songs that could be done ala "13". Other than that most everything else is filed under "is never gonna happen" or "Should never happen".

I agree with this. I believe that bands like Motley Crue and KISS really have no place in horror...at all. Alice Cooper at least had everything to do with shock rock and horror; Black Sabbath had at least some tone of darkness to make it work as a potential theme. I just can't hear Detroit Rock City blasting through the maze without taking it seriously. Unless Murdy wants to finish the Alice Cooper trilogy or wants to do something with Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie, I think Murdy should lay off the rockstar mazes, especially if they're in 3D. In my opinion, they're getting a little tired out.

• Like 1

Slayer could work in theory, but it's even more unlikely now with the "raining blood" gimmick used up already. I don't think that even the next biggest pair of horror bands (The Misfits/Cannibal Corpse) would meet the awareness standards. The funny thing is for a Cannibal Corpse maze you would have to leave out a lot of the lyrics/songs for being too horrific.

On the topic of music, I think what is going to happen is that Cooper is going to return. I want to see Marlyn Manson but that is not too likely to happen as there is nothing to promote which universal of course has to do if something is going to be featured at Horror Nights. Plus he's not been to into his career lately which is quite sad as I wait for him to make a new album he's out there being stupid in acting in bad movies. Rob Zombie is no way in hell going to happen if GAN returns this year. so really just expect Cooper to return.

Yeah, right now Manson is the exact opposite of time sensitive.

I think they could do another Sabbath maze, but it would be a stretch. More of a stretch than doing Cooper OR just not doing a music maze and make room for more IPs, which seem to be bigger draws anyway.

Slayer could work in theory, but it's even more unlikely now with the "raining blood" gimmick used up already. I don't think that even the next biggest pair of horror bands (The Misfits/Cannibal Corpse) would meet the awareness standards. The funny thing is for a Cannibal Corpse maze you would have to leave out a lot of the lyrics/songs for being too horrific.

but Slayer also falls into the same category as most metal band with their lyrics and would basically just be "Oh look another band will take us to hell and see demons and sh*t".

And yeah once you get into mutilated genitals I'm out.

they should just lay off rock star mazes now honestly I loved Goes To Hell and 13 but the pot does not have enough to scrape the bottom.

but Slayer also falls into the same category as most metal band with their lyrics and would basically just be "Oh look another band will take us to hell and see demons and sh*t".

Yeah, a lot of metal bands that could maaaaybe be passable would have a war and/or hell scene.

Funny thing is, the cover of South of Heaven kinda looks like the Black Sabbath facade.

if they do AHS, would it be a mash-up of all 3 seasons as per HHN standards?

Based on a tweet murdy made...seems like it would be a best of house instea of strictly coven.

I agree that the tone of the show is different from the other two. It still has a nice grip of things that could be used. If it happens I'm mainly hoping for Papa Legba and The Minotaur Edited by Ridesandstuff

I think Murdy is still firmly in his belief that AHS and TWD can't be at the same event together, unfortunately. Murder House, Asylum and Coven have great material to draw from. Not discounting it but I won't be surprised if it doesn't show up. We don't have many spots to fill in so it wont be surprising if Murdy doesn't use a show that's receiving less than half of the viewers The Walking Dead is getting.

So we have TWO MAZES confirmed, one in concept development. The one in concept development is something that has not been released and is something they've never done.

There's a questionably original (I'm guessing music, since that's always debated) on the short list. TWD is not locked.

Edited by ferox