HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

In one room she can vomit and the other she can tell us about our mothers sucking **** in hell...boom maze half done!

Sarcasm btw.

but that's why I would imagine they would have to use scenes from the sequels and prequels despite their reception as long as the bed scene and "The Exorcists" plastered all over don't see why it would be that big of a problem or at least no less then taking liberties.

Like what? What could they do with the bed scene more than once?

One scene could be the projectile vomit scene which could use a live actor or re use the evil dead vomit prop. The other scene could be the part after the levitation scene when the statue of pazazu appears behind her...they could do the usual living statue act while Regan spazzes out on the bed. As far as what goes between those scenes i honestly don't know. They could use the sequels like Grind said or they could do scenes inspired by the film.

True, I was just thinking since usually he says older films would need something recent to come out to boost its popularity. There've been alien games before, but this new one looks really good and apparently may be more accurate to the films than the other games.

Hopefully its good and boosts up its popularity because Colonial Marines was one of the worst games I've played!

• Like 1

Just saw Marked Ones. Wasn't a great movie, nor was it a terrible film. I do think that after this installment, there is enough material to lend as a maze. If they ever do the maze, I think it would start off with the house at the end of the third installment (As it is the prequel), the fifth one (Would play a major role as it has the most environments), then end with the first film (Read the spoilers).

I would prefer to not have a PA maze at the event. There are MUCH better properties out there. But they could reuse a lot of Insidious sets and do this. If they do a PA house, I would imagine that the Coven would play a major role in the house.

SPOILERS BELOW

-The basement in the apartment building with the ritual stuff and the two creepy girls could be the scarers.

-The apartment where all of that ritual commotion is going on (They could use the electronic beeping thingy and possessed Jesse could be the actor).

-The house where they try to find Jesse and the Coven would be the scareactors (The room with the big pentagram on the floor, the main room, etc.)

-Katie's house after going through the time warp door.

Nothing good happened in that religious store.

They are doing the whole picture research thing and have came to the conclusion that it would be a good maze.

I don't think that Sinister 2 would have much to look at because the script was just finished...but that's maybe what he wants us to think.

There's Purge 2, maybe the sequel would be a better maze than the original. He hasn't seen the script but he said nothing about production pics.

Paranormal Activity 5, which would be the first time a HHN maze had two movies from the same year to work from. If Paranormal 5 has less of the slamming doors/spooky shadow scares it could do well.

And of course all of the other 2014 movies (Poltergeist, Town that Dreaded Sundown) would apply as well. Especially for Poltergeist, since the original didn't have too much maze material.

Edited by ferox

They are doing the whole picture research thing and have came to the conclusion that it would be a good maze.

I don't think that Sinister 2 would have much to look at because the script was just finished...but that's maybe what he wants us to think.

There's Purge 2, maybe the sequel would be a better maze than the original. He hasn't seen the script but he said nothing about production pics.

Paranormal Activity 5, which would be the first time a HHN maze had two movies from the same year to work from. If Paranormal 5 has less of the slamming doors/spooky shadow scares it could do well.

And of course all of the other 2014 movies (Poltergeist, Town that Dreaded Sundown) would apply as well. Especially for Poltergeist, since the original didn't have too much maze material.

Don't forget Dracula: Untold. That sounds like it would have plenty of good environments it's set for late 2014. Better yet, it's a Universal production. I think this could be this first promotional maze Uni has done since the Thing three years ago (Holy crap, its been three years already!?). Knowing history, the film will probably flop. :P

• Like 1

Don't forget Dracula: Untold. That sounds like it would have plenty of good environments it's set for late 2014. Better yet, it's a Universal production. I think this could be this first promotional maze Uni has done since the Thing three years ago (Holy crap, its been three years already!?). Knowing history, the film will probably flop. :P

Or their gonna go wolfman on it and throw it away in the house of horrors.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I did forget that one.

Release date for Dracula Untold is October 17th. This was decided in November. Interesting. So far much isn't known about the movie, so as press gets out we'll see. It's not listed as horror movie on IMDB though, it's action/fantasy/drama. But, not much to go off of, we'll see.

Edited by ferox

If these properties (besides polterguist) become mazes I sense this will be a dark year for HHN.

I don't like movies that rely on jump scares to scare you. I can see when they use it once in a while (F13). I HATE when movies only use jump scares (Sinister, PA 2- MO). It isn't scary it's only startling andit only startles me 10% of the time. The PA franchise has been ran to the ground and it isn't as nearly iconic as the classic 70s/80s classics. Insidious worked though because it was a fresher franchise and there were actually scary figures unlike moving doors, little girls, and witches.

As for Sinister

The only scary part of Sinister was the Swimming Pool scene. The rest was pathetic jumps cares that the modern mainstream industry seems to be obsessed with. Also the antagonist doesn't even look scary even Darth Maul was scarier. The very ending pissed me off with the jump scare. REALLY?!

The Purge 2 - keep as a scarezone the environments don't fit a maze.

Why does Hollywood get constrained on good maze material? I understand we only have 5 mazes but cmon there is no excuse for why we didn't get AWiL/CitW (but we get an old rocker maze in a SS). It seems as though Murdy is more interested in meeting his childhood musicians than making a great halloween event. I have almost no doubt we'll get the short end of the straw by not getting a long desired property but Orlando does.

• Like 2

Goddamnit, here I was hoping for a "OMG GUYS DARTH MAUL GET IT?" free 2014 or to be free from "fanatics" complaining about how the event is going to suck, 8 months or so in advance. That's what I get for having hope.

Nobody here has seen Purge 2, so we can't really say if it's maze worthy, can we?

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

If these properties (besides polterguist) become mazes I sense this will be a dark year for HHN.

I don't like movies that rely on jump scares to scare you. I can see when they use it once in a while (F13). I HATE when movies only use jump scares (Sinister, PA 2- MO). It isn't scary it's only startling andit only startles me 10% of the time. The PA franchise has been ran to the ground and it isn't as nearly iconic as the classic 70s/80s classics. Insidious worked though because it was a fresher franchise and there were actually scary figures unlike moving doors, little girls, and witches.

As for Sinister

The only scary part of Sinister was the Swimming Pool scene. The rest was pathetic jumps cares that the modern mainstream industry seems to be obsessed with. Also the antagonist doesn't even look scary even Darth Maul was scarier. The very ending pissed me off with the jump scare. REALLY?!

The Purge 2 - keep as a scarezone the environments don't fit a maze.

Why does Hollywood get constrained on good maze material? I understand we only have 5 mazes but cmon there is no excuse for why we didn't get AWiL/CitW (but we get an old rocker maze in a SS). It seems as though Murdy is more interested in meeting his childhood musicians than making a great halloween event. I have almost no doubt we'll get the short end of the straw by not getting a long desired property but Orlando does.

Lol HHNH mazes are basically one big jumpscare. Every room has a large strobe flashing usually with a loud CH CH CH CH CH sound. I don't mind te film as long as it has cool looking usable characters

Oh yeah, I did forget that one.

Release date for Dracula Untold is October 17th. This was decided in November. Interesting. So far much isn't known about the movie, so as press gets out we'll see. It's not listed as horror movie on IMDB though, it's action/fantasy/drama. But, not much to go off of, we'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Dracula overlay in HOH.

Jump scare in a movie and jump scare in real life are two way different things, besides without them every maze would just be hey look at how disturbing that is...THIS IS THE RIDE!!! Besides the ratio on how scary the source material is and the maze scare factor are not always on the same level..I dont find Insidious scary mainly because of Darth Maul (1st) and the second movie was good but not anyway scary the maze though had to of been the first time I really been scared at HHN since TCM:BIB. AWIL had no excuse but I can understand why CITW was given the boot.

Did somebody say Maul???

pariscine.com_.jpg

....again!

I kid I kid.

side note looks like Eli Roth's Funhouse Clown is finally in production

http://www.fangoria.com/new/fake-trailer-to-feature-film-the-first-look-at-clown-is-here/

• Like 1

Yeah, that's the rub with unreleased movies. The answer to is it going to work for a maze has to be "I don't know" since we haven't seen it.

AWIL had no excuse

Aside from Murdy saying the awareness was at the bottom of the heap and Black Sabbath turning out to be a success. Nobody wants AWIL at HHN more than Murdy, if it's not at the event there's good reason for it. You can say that Murdy doesn't care about quality Halloween event, but HHN 2013 broke ticket and satisfaction records.