HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

It prob wouldn't matter much. Might even be an improvement. Our scarezones just ain't what they use to be.

I think Cirque and Chucky were good for what they were, but the park felt so empty. We just need scareactors and zones and decorations in wayyy more places.

I agree, i believe the scare zones were a lot better in (09-10) than recent years though last year was an improvement from 2012.

From the twitter front...

Somebody said the timing for TRT is right, Murdy said the sequel is 2015. So I wouldn't expect it this year.

Murdy would love to do Dead Space Alien, but it would be very expensive. So (again) don't expect it...probably ever unless it gets a huge surge in popularity and/or a very time sensitive promo opportunity.

Edited by ferox

1. I think he is referring to Alien about being expensive.

Only thing Tarantino has done horror related is From Dusk Til Dawn, which he wrote and Rodriguez directed. Then there's Death Proof, but I mean, c'mon, not maze material and i'd hardly call it horror-material. Again, Tarantino was involved with the other Grindhouse project, Planet Terror, but again that was directed by Rodriguez.

If anything, we should be talking to Robert Rodriguez!... The Faculty maze anyone? :)

• Like 1

Ah, my mistake. Although Dead Space would also be pretty expensive. Also, really, Tarantino?

You never know. Dead Space is also a rumor in Orlando for this year. But yeah, it would be pretty expensive.

Also, John Murdy mentioned that American Werewolf in already fully designed. I think he even implied that the werewolf puppets are just sitting there waiting. He replied by my tweet by saying that "they looked great". My only concern is that the puppets scares aren't just in a separate hallway with a big gaping hole in the wall like he's done with virtually every puppet scare (Snake in Cooper, ALL of the Thing puppet scares, and La Llorona 2012). I hope the puppets blends with the surrounds well like in Orlando's if they do AWiL.

What part of that implies anything other than Murdy complimenting Orlando's great work?

I must have misread his tweet then. Nevermind.

Here's a film to toss into the speculation pot. The Quiet Ones comes out this April. It all depends on how well it does in the box office, so we'll see.

• Like 1

Here's a film to toss into the speculation pot. The Quiet Ones comes out this April. It all depends on how well it does in the box office, so we'll see.

That has to be a tough balancing act. Out long enough that it has a proven GP response yet recent enough to have a hype that still exists. Deals are made really early in the year and space is precious yknow?

You never know. Dead Space is also a rumor in Orlando for this year. But yeah, it would be pretty expensive.

Dead Space, Resident Evil 2.0, and the rumored third video Game house. Might have to make my back to Orlando this year.

Edited by Zero56

Are you kidding me Murdy? Awareness? Does EVERY maze have to be something everyone knows about? I understand you needs at least a few properties that are hot to draw people in, but I honestly am convinced that's an excuse to be creatively lazy.

Also, something that may help our speculation quite a bit is that HHN has developed a pattern in their line-up the past couple of years.

1. House of Horrors maze (UMR)

2. Mexican legend (La Llorona, El Cucuy)

3. A property with a release this year (Silent Hill, Evil Dead)

4. An "older" property (TCM, Insidious).

5. The really current and hot property (Walking Dead)

6. A 3D rocker maze (Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath)

Because last year was so successful, I don't see why they would change it. Depending on how the senarios go, our speculation could very well be narrowed down to this:

1. Universal Monsters Remix (The lighting is already installed and what else would they put in there?)

2. El Chupacabra/Santa Maria

3. Sinister/ Dracula: Untold/The Purge

4. The Conjuring/American Werewolf in London/Cabin in the Woods.

5. Walking Dead (It's coming back, who are we kidding? It's more popular than ever.)

6. Alice Cooper/KISS

If you exclude the Mexican legend and Monsters Remix, that's ten; exactly the length of Murdy's shortlist. Obviously, if Sinister gets chosen then we'll get AWiL or Cabin and if Conjuring gets chosen, we'll get Dracula. I think this may help narrow things down (a lot).

• Like 1

Are you kidding me Murdy? Awareness? Does EVERY maze have to be something everyone knows about? .

Do you honestly expect something that they put that much money into to be treated otherwise? Even the much cheaper Six Flags/KSF mazes go with generally recognizable maze themes that everyone knows about.

It's almost as if they are trying to get people into the park or something.

• Like 2