HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

If it seems unlikely, it could be the property that was the "Oh yeah maybe this could work" maze IP. Or it's something else.

If the soundstage gets used again, it seems unlikely to be another rock maze. It's pretty prime real estate. Black Sabbath got it since they were very time sensitive, this year they won't be and Cooper sure as Hell isn't time sensitive. Cooper would be going back to something that was less successful than Black Sabbath. While it's not impossible, it seems unlikely that if they appear that a non time sensitive maze would get the same billing a time sensitive maze would.

If the soundstage gets used again, it seems unlikely to be another rock maze. It's pretty prime real estate. Black Sabbath got it since they were very time sensitive, this year they won't be and Cooper sure as Hell isn't time sensitive. Cooper would be going back to something that was less successful than Black Sabbath. While it's not impossible, it seems unlikely that if they appear that a non time sensitive maze would get the same billing a time sensitive maze would.

The sound stage is prime real estate for the really good/hot properties and I agree with that. The problem is I don't think Murdy sees it that way, The sound stage could be helpful in controlling the lighting in that the ultra violet glare would be distracting or wouldn't work in the other venues except maybe the Mummy. It appears to be Uni's policy that there has to be a 3D maze every year; I can't imagine how that would be any different knowing how successful Black Sabbath was. Also, every 3D maze we've had has been in a large venue. If Murdy were to relocate the maze into say the Mummy venue (Where 3D would work best IMO), he would consider that a downgrade to the next 3D maze. Because they were all rated so highly. As long as we have Murdy in charge. I don't foresee the sound stage being used for anything else other than a 3D maze.

There is one band that would be time-sensitive that could be the next candidate. This year happens to be the 40th anniversary of KISS and they did just get accepted into the Rock Hall of Fame.Maybe the person that Murdy has been wanting to talk to for a while was Gene Simmons.

• Like 1

jay_SayonaraKISS.jpg

If they decide bring sweet transvestites back to HHN, they should just have a Rocky Horror maze. It even has horror in the name.

Really though, if they went that route it would be the cheesiest music maze they've done and the exact opposite of what Murdy looks for in soundtrack.

Edited by ferox

The sound stage is prime real estate for the really good/hot properties and I agree with that. The problem is I don't think Murdy sees it that way, The sound stage could be helpful in controlling the lighting in that the ultra violet glare would be distracting or wouldn't work in the other venues except maybe the Mummy. It appears to be Uni's policy that there has to be a 3D maze every year; I can't imagine how that would be any different knowing how successful Black Sabbath was. Also, every 3D maze we've had has been in a large venue. If Murdy were to relocate the maze into say the Mummy venue (Where 3D would work best IMO), he would consider that a downgrade to the next 3D maze. Because they were all rated so highly. As long as we have Murdy in charge. I don't foresee the sound stage being used for anything else other than a 3D maze.

There is one band that would be time-sensitive that could be the next candidate. This year happens to be the 40th anniversary of KISS and they did just get accepted into the Rock Hall of Fame.Maybe the person that Murdy has been wanting to talk to for a while was Gene Simmons.

Not to mention that "Monster" which was their latest studio album, was released on Universal Music Group which is how we also got Cooper I and II as well as Sabbath.. and once again, congratulations to the Hottest Band in the World for FINALLY earning their rightful place in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!! :D Now if they can lay off trying to induct hip-hop acts and start inducting real rock bands like Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister and Def Leppard, that would be much, much appreciated!!

and I agree with Freak on how the SoundStage 747 seems to be our primary 3D location until A) They can find another SS or B) They grow bored of 3D mazes

jay_SayonaraKISS.jpg

If they decide bring sweet transvestites back to HHN, they should just have a Rocky Horror maze. It even has horror in the name.

Really though, if they went that route it would be the cheesiest music maze they've done and the exact opposite of what Murdy looks for in soundtrack.

My thoughts exactly. I think it would be silly and flat-out stupid, but I've heard rumors that Murdy has been trying to get a hold if Gene Simmons for a while.

If The Purge gets a terror tram (which I would say seems relatively likely) I could see TWD getting the front gate scarezone. There's the barker/ring leader figure which could be a Governor/type figure taking siege on HHN and using the guests as walker bait.

My only wish for TWD this year is to try and integrate the characters into the event more. Otherwise its just "zombies and that really cool theme music from that one show."

Supposedly when we first got the rights to TWD, the rights did not extend to getting the actors' likenesses... Maybe that changed? But yeah, that would be a really cool idea..

is that the official reason?

I remember Murdy's whole reasoning was he wanted us to be the survivors, I'd do know too much about that but it's kinda weird considering we use movies all the time that use specific named human characters (non make up) Spence and Tucker, Human Mia, David (Evil Dead), Hewitt Family, Dr. Loomis just to name a few. Plus the characters (minus Daryl) have existed for a good number of years outside of the shows separate from the actor's portrayal so the actors do hold the rights to the characters at most AMC and Robert Kirkman do and I don't see why they wouldn't let them use the characters since AMC back up both HHN's a hell of a lot this and last year wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to "AMC's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios" (I kid) but then again I'm not 100% sure how this works just my 2 cents.

I don't see why they wouldn't let them use the characters since AMC back up both HHN's a hell of a lot this and last year wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to "AMC's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios" (I kid) but then again I'm not 100% sure how this works just my 2 cents.

Actually, that doesn't sound pretty far-fetched at this point. I could totally see that happening. >.>

I'm just going by the fact that they've been on the HHN surveys before, the fact that 2014 would be "time-sensitive" for a KISS based maze, and the fact that a couple years ago, I took a Behind The Scenes tour of La Llorona and I mentioned to Murdy how well done I thought that LL and AC were the previous year and how AC: WTMN got me into Alice Cooper when previously I was more of a KISS fan, as soon as I mentioned me being a KISS fan, Murdy said something along the lines of "I've talked to their people before" or something like that..