HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Yeah, that's the rub with unreleased movies. The answer to is it going to work for a maze has to be "I don't know" since we haven't seen it.

Aside from Murdy saying the awareness was at the bottom of the heap and Black Sabbath turning out to be a success. Nobody wants AWIL at HHN more than Murdy, if it's not at the event there's good reason for it. You can say that Murdy doesn't care about quality Halloween event, but HHN 2013 broke ticket and satisfaction records.

my bad I forget to put "But there were no room".

I still Personally don't think it has that big of an awareness problem but compared to everything else present at HHN I can see why they choose the bigger names that they did. To me honestly I don't get the hate for this year, sure I hate the fact that B&T dropped the ball, and the overuse of static figure was a bit of a buzzkill but the event itself was the most solid it has been in years and my favorite so far.

Even if you really hated 2013, how are people already on board for the 2014 is going to suck train? If you're so sure that it's going to be a bummer wouldn't you be better off...not on a speculation forum?

Edited by ferox
  • Like 2

I don't think we will see a "Dracula Untold" maze, i think its based more on "Vlad The Impaler" not the Bram Stoker version.

I HIGHLY believe that we will see a Resident Evil maze this year due to the new movie coming out mid September

We are having I Frankenstein released this year and Frankenstein released next january......will we see some sort of Frankenstein maze in the HOH

Amityville is also being released in January 2015......i can imagine the facade right now

I believe we will see an Excorcist maze, yes a lot of the movie took place in a bedroom but a few scenes in El Cucuy took place in a bedroom

Well with Poltergeist going against Insidious 3...Poltergeist stands about as much chance in 2015 as it does in 2014.

The most logical "can we do this?" 2014 movies to me Marked Ones/PA5, Purge 2 and Sinister 2. Of course the problem is I don't know if either of those movies could work as a maze. Good one Murdy, good one.

Too bad about Dracula Untold. I would go crazy for a Vlad Tepes themed maze, but it doesn't look like it wants to be a horror movie.

It just dawned on me...

The premise of the Purge 2 is supposed to be the characters getting from point A to point B while in the middle of the Purge (That's the premise it should've been in the first place. lol). Being that it would take place in a city, I think it would be an ideal maze for the Persian Square scarezone. You know, with the city-like surroundings. I'm thinking that could be the property Murdy is previewing.

Why not just make the Purge the whole theme of the event? Have a Purge maze, Terror Tram, and every single scarezone devoted to the Purge. At least it would be a step back into overall theme.

I can only see Purge 2 (going by the "War Zone" description they are going by) working as a Revamped SZ or (Can't believe I'm saying this) Terror Tram. I have a feeling the masks will not be present in the 2 since they seem to be unique to the Polite Stranger's upper class posse and now the story is shifting to lower class unprotected areas.

IDK why I got that vibe about Dracula untold not being a horror movie for a while.

I always believed a PA could be pulled of without resorting to just doors closing by themselves but then again it could throw people off so plus really not much to go off and Marked Ones did not really reinvent the series so I'm counting that out.

It just dawned on me...

The premise of the Purge 2 is supposed to be the characters getting from point A to point B while in the middle of the Purge (That's the premise it should've been in the first place. lol). Being that it would take place in a city, I think it would be an ideal maze for the Persian Square scarezone. You know, with the city-like surroundings. I'm thinking that could be the property Murdy is previewing.

Why not just make the Purge the whole theme of the event? Have a Purge maze, Terror Tram, and every single scarezone devoted to the Purge. At least it would be a step back into overall theme.

I would rather see the Purge on the terror tram and/or scare zone. I wouldn't want to see it as a maze.

• Like 3

It just dawned on me...

That would be cool and a good idea to start the no safe zone feeling around the park.

The Purge will probably be there in some form, a maze is likely if the movie is usable. Maybe chainsaws in the lower lot (plz) leading to a Mummy venue? Or like Freak said, it would be something that would fit in a city, in theory.

It prob wouldn't matter much. Might even be an improvement. Our scarezones just ain't what they use to be.

I think Cirque and Chucky were good for what they were, but the park felt so empty. We just need scareactors and zones and decorations in wayyy more places.