HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

- The Backlot will be utilized in a different way. (How different depends on if the Springfield Expansion is finished in time for the Haunt Season.)

- Orlando is rumored (take this with a grain of salt as you should with any rumor) to have another House based on Resident Evil this year and another video game franchise. So could we see one of those two come here? Maybe not but who knows, hopefully Murdy stumbles across Dead Space's great source material.

- Despicable Me:Minion Mayhem will never house a maze not now, not ever as there is a new structure behind Gru's House, a que line running through the Cookie Cutter houses and a new structure behind the theater cutting off access to the back from Super Silly Fun Land.

Different way? If you can, would you care to elaborate?
from what I have heard they want to utilize the space better to have better crowd control than the contested nightmare it was last year. I honestly don't know how they would plan to do that, maybe more footprint?

And check out the box office, and think about how many people who go to HHN know that those lousy sequels even exist. The page for Exorcist III includes an excuse from the producer as why it tanked at the box office, and it had a better box office than Exorcist II.

Edited by ferox

And check out the box office, and think about how many people who go to HHN know that those lousy sequels even exist. The page for Exorcist III includes an excuse from the producer as why it tanked at the box office, and it had a better box office than Exorcist II.

yea I agree. Most HHN guests probably wouldn't know that those sequels exist.

as long as "The Exorcist" is labeled and key scenes like the Regan tied to the bed scene reception of the sequels and prequel is does not really matter if they need to borrow scenes.

They could also do the underground demonic church which was in The Beginning, complete with the giant Pazuzu statue. I think that'd be really creepy and it could lead to the McNeill home where scenes from the first film like the famous bed sequence.

as long as "The Exorcist" is labeled and key scenes like the Regan tied to the bed scene reception of the sequels and prequel is does not really matter if they need to borrow scenes.

Unless people say "Wtf was that, there was only one scene from The Exorcist."

they'll probably do multiple bedroom scenes and something else. I guess they can have some creative freedom and do some scenes inspired by the film. Scenes from the sequels would be just as recognizable as original scenes anyway. I guess they could do outside the house with possessed Karras (we can ignore that he died on impact right?)

BTW, why do you guys think we're closer to getting the exorcist anyway? We kinda say that every year

Edited by Ridesandstuff

I think it might be a possibility seeing Walking Dead again, but at the same time, Resident Evil will be having a new movie, so there would have to be a decision made. I mean, I don't think you can do both houses that have the same theme (which is, of course, zombies.) I think Hollywood even proved that in 2013 that you can't do it.

Orlando had 5 houses to at least feature zombies last year (TWD, RE, Afterlife, Evil Dead, Cabin in the Woods). I think they'd do 2 houses with zombies in it no problem.

There are rumors surfacing about Orlando getting RE 2.0 (for some ridiculous reason), so i can see the 2 coasts sharing it this time since you guys didn't get it last year.

There's also rumors of us bringing over Insidious so i can see that being shared as well.

AHS is also being discussed again this year after it was scrapped last year for "creative differences" then replaced by ED. If they can make it happen and isn't replaced, i can see that maze being shared too, unless Hollywood doesn't want 2 TV houses (which i don't see as a big deal honestly.)

If you count TWD for Hollywood (i really can't see Orlando using it again), there's 3 or 4 of your 6 mazes. Based off previous years, i'd say throw in a HoH overlay and a new movie or two and you've got your 6. Although with the ridiculous lines you guys always have, throwing in a 7th maze and a second show would

A. raise capacity and profits

B. even out the crowds a little more.

6 mazes and one show 8 years into coming back from hiatus just isn't enough.

Edited by foREVer56