HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Silent Hill wasn't originally planned to be a shared IP, and I'm not sure of the timeline but I imagine Hollywood planned the reveal date before Orlando used that as a backup after AWIL fell through on June 5th. So they would prefer not to do a joint annoucement at an event, but sometimes stuff happens.

• Like 1

Orlando replaced AWiL with Silent Hill and we replaced it with TCM.

and as to why people think The Conjuring is possibility, I have a nice post on page 124 that explains it pretty well.

I think it's crazy not to even consider it. But enough of that. :P

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

Orlando replaced AWiL with Silent Hill and we replaced it with TCM.

and as to why people think The Conjuring is possibility, I have a nice post on page 124 that explains it pretty well.

I think it's crazy not to even consider it. But enough of that. :P

I think people aren't considering it because it doesn't link very solidly to any codename. But remember, there's 7 mazes and 5 codenames (I think theres 5 right?) so it's still a possibility. I personally would love a Conjuring house.

I think people aren't considering it because it doesn't link very solidly to any codename. But remember, there's 7 mazes and 5 codenames (I think theres 5 right?) so it's still a possibility. I personally would love a Conjuring house.

Some people have linked it to Teen Spirit. (Yes I know that is also rumored to be CitW)

I know I hardly post on here just adding my 2 cents here but we all know AWIL will be here in the JP venue but for something in the back of my mind is telling me that its not especially looking at the facade too me it looks a lil to Michael Myers-ish and it looks alot like the facade thats being built in Orlando. Idk if you guys feel the same way but thats just me

I know I hardly post on here just adding my 2 cents here but we all know AWIL will be here in the JP venue but for something in the back of my mind is telling me that its not especially looking at the facade too me it looks a lil to Michael Myers-ish and it looks alot like the facade thats being built in Orlando. Idk if you guys feel the same way but thats just me

John has stated that we aren't getting any mazes that we've had in previous years, and we've had Halloween.

Plus our facade doesn't have a porch.

WomMfUE.jpg

If they start adding a porch (which seems unlikely at this point) then we'll have to rethink our spec a bit.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal
  • Like 4

John has stated that we aren't getting any mazes that we've had in previous years, and we've had Halloween.

Plus our facade doesn't have a porch.

WomMfUE.jpg

If they start adding a porch (which seems unlikely at this point) then we'll have to rethink our spec a bit.

Also, the 2 top windows are double wide on the Myers house as opposed to 4 single sized on The Slaughtered Lamb.

As Murdy has already said he's not going to Comic-Con, I highly doubt any type of "hype" announcement would be made, you can't really make a bug announcement if the man behind it all isn't there.

And as for ScareLA, I'll be there working, and I was able to work during the HHN panel so I'm excited to be front and center fir the unveiling, whatever it may be, as I've said before, they have large shoes to fill after announcing insidious last year during the panel. It's definitely a possibility that it'll be the conjuring since James Wan is now in post for Fast 7, BUT, it's also a possibility we'll get a maze full of unicorns and gnomes at this point, lots of mind-mucking going on.

Someone said earlier that they don't owe us anything, which is COMPLETELY true, places like Fright Fest at six flags make absolutely ZERO maze announcements until the week of the event, having worked behind the scenes for several years with them, WE (as the artists, talent etc) get informed about mazes and such in mid-late September, the fact that HHN does drop us hints and gives away mazes is something we should just be thankful for as fans.

• Like 1

True^ Honestly, he could promise to make an announcement on a specific day at a specific time and it still wouldn't be odd for him to postpone the reveal. He's not some guy making mazes in his garage after all. Universal pushes back announcements and such for movies all the time... HHN mazes are pretty much movies to them.

You are Satan

You got me. You figured it out. I was the one who got rid of Bill and Ted, I was the one had Taco Bell start serving breakfast, I was the one who allowed the existence of Westborro, I was the one who allowed the movie "After Earth" to be made. Well, shoot. I said too much now. :unsure:

That just goes to show that the whole AWiL business doesn't seem to be as obvious as we would imagine to everyone else.

"No, you don't understand! Murdy got drunk and told me everything! Just to prove how wrong you are about that, I'm going to randomly yell, 'I FARTED!'"

Yeah, TTT was a great source. Too bad we voluntarily lost him. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

You got me. You figured it out. I was the one who got rid of Bill and Ted, I was the one had Taco Bell start serving breakfast, I was the one who allowed the existence of Westborro, I was the one who allowed the movie "After Earth" to be made. Well, shoot. I said too much now. :unsure:

Did you also allow Taco Bell's food to cause explosions?

The Conjuring could still be a share but that would make Orlando's living doll house that we think is an original is actually The Conjuring which I did speculate personally might be the case but it appears it might only come to Hollywood & Orlando would get it down the line.

I still think The Purge is our only shared scarezone announcement & I believe they make it next week when Anarchy comes out.

Ferox, can you remind me & us all just what TTT said was coming to both events, I was trying to remember & completely forgot.