HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

How many people have already said, "what does AWiL mean???"

But c'mon... you don't think the movie has enough of a following? It may be old, but it is fairly classic.

So what??? No Resident Evil! :P

I love AWiL but even I can't deny the audience that goes to Hollywood's event is mostly Teenagers who don't really follow along with the Horror Classics.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

If foot traffic dictated line length, UMR and El Cucuy would have had the longest lines. Instead people were running past them to get to TWD, which was all the way at the back of the park.

But c'mon... you don't think the movie has enough of a following? It may be old, but it is fairly classic.

I'm going off what Murdy has said about AWIL's awareness.

@JoshtopusRex Based on past surveys, towards the bottom of the pack. Of course, I love it...does that count?

— Horror Nights (@HorrorNights)

May 29, 2013
Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

If foot traffic dictated line length, UMR and El Cucuy would have had the longest lines. Instead people were running past them to get to TWD, which was all the way at the back of the park.

^ Basically. Which is probably why Murdy put an Intellectual Property in Parisian Courtyard.

How many people have already said, "what does AWiL mean???"

So what??? No Resident Evil! :P

A quality maze will help create awareness. While a lot of the "kidz*" may not have total awareness of the film, there is still a chunk of HHN'ers who remember AWIL. The film helped usher in the new wave of monster films and, along with The Howling, became the premier werewolf films with their innovative transformation scenes.

Or so I remember.

*HHNized

Edited by AsylumSB

The fact that they're baiting it just to generate hype is annoying.

Yes haha xD they're going to way over HYPE the event this year. I hope it'll literally be different than other years.

I guess now the dates change a lot. I wonder why ...

The way I read Murdy's tweets is it seemed like the announcement might not even be this week at all!

And don't worry, hype doesn't hinder the event. 2010 was all hype for us to be all let horribly down by the announcements. And that's honestly one of my favorite years.

• Like 1

I hate how they keep saying announcement coming soon nd they wait like a week or so till they announce it. Before they would be like announcement on this day and at this time. Wtf happened?

There is a history of this happening. Could be many things; something awaiting approval, waiting to hear from the designated media outlets, trademark issues. Could be a great deal of things. I don't think it is all hype.

The way I read Murdy's tweets is it seemed like the announcement might not even be this week at all!

And don't worry, hype doesn't hinder the event. 2010 was all hype for us to be all let horribly down by the announcements. And that's honestly one of my favorite years.

I wasn't let down bu the announcements. That's my fav year as well.

I guess now the dates change a lot. I wonder why ...

Universal is a film studio with a lot of corporate execs, having to align all of those ducks that are financially invested in an event that has one of the largest budgets of any haunt in America can result in backups. Especially when those ducks have to line up with other ducks. Which is the case when you deal with other studios, like HHN does.

A while ago when the trailer for Dracula Untold was leaked online, Universal took it down even though it was released days later. Marketing for major movie studios and theme parks is insanely complex.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 2

Universal is a film studio with a lot of corporate execs, having to align all of those ducks that are financially invested in an event that has one of the largest budgets of any haunt in America can result in backups. Especially when those ducks have to line up with other ducks. Which is the case when you deal with other studios, like HHN does.

Ahh yes. That explains it well.

Imagine if another maze falls through or if one does. Oh god no.