HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Is it still safe to say it's happening this week?

It better be this week. You don't set the fans up and then crush their expectations. In this case, it is annoying that we're waiting for them to make an extremely obvious announcement while we're waiting for the less obvious ones.

^ um... so?

They recycle walls. This happens every year.

And as some of us know... 2010. We didn't get a single announcement until AUGUST after being promised things would be happening "this week" since late June.

Honestly, they don't owe the fans anything until the event even begins, and even than, they don't gotta do squat to make us happy. :-/

• Like 1

I actually had never seen AWiL until late last year after seeing Orlando's maze. I still had heard of the movie though. Anyway, the nazi scenes confused the hell out of me and I thought they were just being "creative" with the story, but the puppets were so intense that it more than made up for my confusion due to unfamiliarity. And in any case, with Hollywood's makeup and fabrication skills, I'm sure the nazis will look freaky enough that people won't care. Tl;dr: it's not the most popular IP but the maze can be so well made that it won't matter.

Honestly I think AvP gets announced at Scare LA. It would make sense given the closeness to the original release date which was August 12 in international markets & the 13th in the U.S. I think The Purge scarezone will be announced next weekend to coincide with the opening of Anarchy. Just my thoughts though.

James Wan finished principal photography on Fast 7 so he will be working on post production. My guess would be revealing The Conjuring and have James at the Panel with them. Say what you want about the film itself but that would be a big announcement and would make the GP go nuts. What better way to do it in a live setting at a haunt convention... not to mention it would take some attention away from a certain Farm that will be hot off the wheels of their big reveal event.

• Like 2

Wait... I thought Conjuring was a shared IP and that's where all the spec was coming from? Ya mean to tell me y'all been speakin nonsense?!

On the flipside of the coin, Silent Hill was announced at Comic-Con. If Aiello goes to ScareLA (would make less sense but possible), they very well could be announcing a shared IP.

Wait... I thought Conjuring was a shared IP and that's where all the spec was coming from? Ya mean to tell me y'all been speakin nonsense?!

Well no... a Bunny came to me one night and said "Tonight I shall reveal that The Conjuring is coming to Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood, now run my little Kit. Spread the word!"