Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I'm thinking that Dr. Jimmy's 13A and 13B performances (Glorious Food and Sunrise, Sunset) were for Crows and Altar. The reason he did a performance for both was because he wasn't sure if the IP code named Altar was a for sure go ahead and Crows was the back up original. Thoughts?

• Like 2

Sorry one more question, since I haven't gone through all 109 pages, there hasn't been anything to hint towards another video game based house this year has there? As a video gamer I would love to see the trend of going through the video game library continue, despite how well Silent Hill and Resident Evil may have been received so I am just hopeful. If not then ok and will see when the reveals happen and if there isn't then there isn't ... and I guess if Alien works out then that could technically count towards the video game trend and satisfy me.

Sorry one more question, since I haven't gone through all 109 pages, there hasn't been anything to hint towards another video game based house this year has there? As a video gamer I would love to see the trend of going through the video game library continue, despite how well Silent Hill and Resident Evil may have been received so I am just hopeful. If not then ok and will see when the reveals happen and if there isn't then there isn't ... and I guess if Alien works out then that could technically count towards the video game trend and satisfy me.

We sort of talked about Resident Evil once, but that hint was actually the walking dead.

People also mentioned Bioshock, but... That's super highly unlikely to happen because the company that made it flat out died earlier.

Otherwise, not really. No.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 1

Ok cool thanks for the update! I think then I am mostly caught up, thanks for the assist! Bioshock would be cool and def popular enough, thanks to Infinite, to grab crowds but if it isn't happening well ... then guess we shall see!

There is a new Alien game coming out but it's not set to releas until October 7. If it was a little earlier it could have been the video game house people were looking for.

www.gametrailers.com/videos/4ue6ak/alien--isolation-e3-2014--survive-trailer

Why? That well has been drained out years ago. People get worked up over TWD not being original? No matter how good the movie may be, it is still about something I'm tired of seeing everywhere. If they are going to use this concept, why not just go original and not waste a potential ip slot?

But it's not. It's Vlad not as a vampire. A madman who impaled people and fed his enemies their own children.

Not only that but there are other types of monsters in the movie. Babba Yagga, witches... and what else I don't know.

It's Dracula in a way he really hasn't been seen. That's a fresh spin on a tired genre. I agree zombies and vampires are played out. But I can't judge the IP or the house without seeing them. The concept is untouched and there is no precedent.

• Like 6

The movie is scheduled for an Oct. 17th release as of now. So we won't really know how good the film will be until HHN is more than halfway finished. That's assuming they stick with the current release date. Considering the film has more or less been in the works for 7 years, I'm not feeling too confident in what the final product will be. Guess we'll see eventually.

I guess the idea of there only being 2 ips left to choose from is getting to me. There were so many other things I'd like to see. So what are the other 2? The more I thought about it, the more I wanted a Halloween house. I've been to haunted attractions all over where I live. No one has pulled off a Halloween house like it should be done. I think HHN Orlando surely has the potential to get it done right, but will they?

So 4 IP's and 4 original houses? That's nicely balanced and I look forward to seeing what's coming, and I won't lie, I really hope Alien is coming since that was one of the first horror films I've ever saw. The very first was American Werewolf in London, so if A&D treats Alien with the same respect and enthusiasm...it's gonna' be terrifying in the best way possible.

As for Dracula Untold being a house, it's certainly possible. An' a word to those who're worried about that since the film isn't out, Orlando has done great work with IP's that have been so-so. One of the best examples was from 2007, Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw. While the film itself was so-so, the house was awesome and quite frankly it was the biggest surprise that year.

maybe they were able to work around the issue with Disney on Alien because of the games?... or they are doing an avp house and they were able to get it that way?

Did someone mention the Great Movie Ride? It's like turning on the Niki signal!

To clarify, Disney only has the theme park rights to the first Alien film in the franchise. They've had them since the early 80s, even before GMR was a thought in the imagineers' minds. With that in mind the rest of the franchise is up for grabs!

I could really go for some popcorn right now. *disappears until she is needed next*

• Like 1