Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Not sure if anyone else noticed but Dr. Jimmy recently posted 13 pictures of cats in different situations/clothing on his Tumblr that seem to be referencing our houses and scarezones. From what I took from it, the houses he's hinting at are Bioshock, Alien/AVP, Dracula/vampires, Boogeyman/El Cucuy, Clowns, The Conjuring or an original house on dolls, Halloween, and The Walking Dead.

I'm more upset at the fact that we're not getting American Horror Story because of The Walking Dead. I had high hopes we'd get a house based on at least Coven. Oh well, let's hope the rest of the IPs make up for it!

I don't think the event is not getting AHS due to The Walking Dead, I'd say it's more due to the fact that the creators wanted particular scenes in the house which Universal didn't want to do. Which is what happened last year and plans for AHS was shelved and replaced by Evil Dead.

Unless AHS bended to Universal's wishes, I don't see an' AHS house happening.

• Like 1

I think what Legacy is saying is it just aint happening mate. At least anytime soon.

With Irrational Games shutting down there is an even fatter chance... and Bioshock has been harped on since the game came out. S&S was there response to that. Never say never but it don't look pretty.

• Like 3

The first picture seems to be Booker Dewitt from Bioshock Infinite holding a picture. Just because you're in the know doesn't mean you have to be rude to those who aren't and are trying to speculate.

That Picture was from The Walking Dead Facebook app called Left Behind.

One of the cats on Dr. Jimmy's tumblr is wearing a red bowtie. I suppose it must have something to do with the doll theme right?

C'mon mam... why a bowtie? Just adding more salt to my wounds in regards to there being no chance for a Dr. Who house.

So I guess I was right when I said Dr. Jimmy clue #8 (Always Look on the Bright Side of Life) was tied to Cassi clue #3 (Tool lyric - Decomposition).

Which ip do you think they'll reveal next?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

My thoughts on the HHN reveal:

• At least they're still having HHN. Given October is a big vacation time for the British I'm waiting for a PG-Rated Potter Halloween Spectacular where they have "kid scary" Potter stuff throughout the park. I hope that day never comes!
  • Biggest house ever sounds interesting regardless of the theme. When they first said the house would take place in the prison and in the country club and was twice as big as any house before, made me wonder about the Dual Run houses. They were before my time, so have no idea how they really worked, but wondered about that until hearing about the travelling looking for Terminus.
  • Then I wondered if it were both inside and outside....would you do the prison scene in half of the SS, exit the "back" of the building, have a "house only scare zone" with train tracks and and a tunnel and stuff with fog machines and scareactors, before walking back into the sound stage to do the country club half and then you exit the SS into a Terminus scare zone. I think that could pretty damn cool and while it would kinda be 2 houses (since it's double size) and 2 scare zones dedicated to TWD, it shouldn't annoy the people sick of TWD too much.
  • I hope this house is part of the behind the screams tour! Just to see the helicopter coming through the roof and stuff, think it's going to be amazing.

Disclaimer - I was unable to go last year so I might not be as Walking Dead'd out as others. On the flip side, I saw the BORING first house (the second weekend no less, heard it got better later in the event) and didn't get to see the second house that my group said was much better. So I have high hopes for this year.

My thoughts on the HHN reveal:

made me wonder about the Dual Run houses. They were before my time, so have no idea how they really worked, but wondered about that until hearing about the travelling looking for Terminus.

Dual run was simply two houses with a similar theme in the same SS. A few times they would come in close to the same place and you could see the other queue. But mostly you wouldn't even know the other was there.

That's a pretty good idea for what could happen. Or it could be as you walk in and walk out. But I like your idea better.

Since it sounds like the event does have some heavy-hitters IP-wise, I'm wondering if they'll announce them soon...or wait til later as a nice surprise to finish things off.

Maybe.

Although I suspect the reason they revealed this house this early is because it came as a surprise to no one, it may be a big IP for them, but this was most likely a throw away announcement.

Maybe.

Although I suspect the reason they revealed this house this early is because it came as a surprise to no one, it may be a big IP for them, but this was most likely a throw away announcement.

That may be a matter of perspective. Personally, I'm waiting for a couple of reactions.

Might not be a surprise, but it's not really a "throwaway" announcement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(TV_series)#Ratings

(Insert "If it's on Wikipedia it must be true!" joke here)

From season 3 to season 4 the season premier ratings went up nearly 50% and the per episode nearly 30%. Granted, the season finale was only up about 20% (but I attribute that more to fact that it was a "boring" second half of the season). Those are ballpark quick estimates in my head. From season 2, all numbers basically doubled (ie increased by 100%). From a business perspective, this has to be the biggest house in their minds. Attendance numbers have been way up, I'd assume merch spending as well, so with the "regular viewership" doubling and increasing the number of potential attendees, this had to be a MAJOR announcement for them. The fact that it's the largest house ever seems to back this up.

Granted, for us die hards it's "been there, done that"...but for Joe Q. Public this is big. And I expect a steady drumbeat/rollout of TWD details and "leaks" and photos all the way up to the event to increase the interest by those people.

That's all fine and good...but I expect the next announcement, to make "us" happy, to be some big WOW for a new/unique house...or the "triumphant return of the traditional scare zone" or something else to appease the other revenue channel of the die hard attendees.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

Scarezones will likely be one of the final announcements.

That said, if we reach for the Stars, there is a chance our next announcement could bring us Home.

A scare zone in the ET House!?!? Ha ha ha, that was actually one of my "dream lineup" things from years ago....

I wasn't thinking about actual zones (or hordes)...just a "We love our die hard fans and we've listened to you, so we've brought back 6 individual/themed scare zones scattered throughout the park!"

That's probably just wishful thinking since the Scare Zones were always my favorite part of the event.