Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in. Jeramy or Mark feel free to move!!

From Cassilda:

2yls8r5.jpg

This doesn't seem like a hint, it more seems like Cassi is making fun of people who don't want TWD back.

Anyways, turning the brightness down and the contrast up, this is youtube comments layered over the putrefaction hint.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

As the Doc said elsewhere she is revealing her clues. I said:

I agree with doc. The clue is the reveal... being crowded out by the negativity.... and she likes it.

Remember she is constantly saying how she feeds on pain and disappointment.

• Like 1

Mike said some things on Twitter about TWD but also said a couple other general things about announcement season and the event.

"To clear up some info.. TWD is a maze only in Orlando. It's a big one, but only a maze.. There's so much more to come.."
"We've got 7 more mazes to announce. Original ideas and IP's."
"Streets are in the zone. ;)"
"Keep right here in the coming weeks to get news about the Orlando event, straight from the source. I'll keep posting some BTS content. -mike"

An excerpt of this article: http://www.usatoday.com/experience/america/theme-parks/universal-orlando-halloween-horror-nights-walking-dead/10087447/

"As for the other seven mazes, as is tradition, Universal is playing it close to the vest ... for now.

"The one thing we always strive for is a good blend of horror," says Aiello, who says fans can expect "more recognizable [genre brands] from the past year or two ... and at least one maze that keys into horror's roots and where it all started." And as is a horror fan's true joy, some exciting - "and really, really, really creepy" - original content."

So it seems like the most likely guesses we've made so far are Halloween and Alien, which aren't recent at all. What IPs have been guessed that are recent? Sleepy Hollow? Something with Dracula? Conjuring?

Edited by foREVer56

I'm going to guess that the Native Indian looking cat is tied to the Cassi clue 14 (feast in Massachusetts) and Dr. Jimmy clue 13a (Food, Glorious Food). There was mention of the Lost Colony of Roanoke earlier, and Dr. Jimmy put the picture of the Indian children cooking a couple people on a rotisserie on June 5th. To be honest, I was a little concerned that the event was going to take an awful turn if they were going to blame the Native Indians for eating the colony. I refused to believe it could be. Then I remembered a remembered a pretty cool character from Indian mythology called the Wendigo. There are a few different versions of it, but the one I have in mind could fit this scenario fairly well. The TV series Fear Itself had a pretty decent 1 hour short story that involved a version of the Wendigo. The episode (season 1 ep. 8) was called Skin & Bones.

See info here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo#Human_Wendigos

A couple versions of a Wendigo...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120319203649/cryptidz/images/9/9c/Deer.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/062/d/3/jasonfelix_wendigo_04_by_jason_felix-d78u7fz.jpg

I'm going to guess that the Native Indian looking cat is tied to the Cassi clue 14 (feast in Massachusetts) and Dr. Jimmy clue 13a (Food, Glorious Food). There was mention of the Lost Colony of Roanoke earlier, and Dr. Jimmy put the picture of the Indian children cooking a couple people on a rotisserie on June 5th. To be honest, I was a little concerned that the event was going to take an awful turn if they were going to blame the Native Indians for eating the colony. I refused to believe it could be. Then I remembered a remembered a pretty cool character from Indian mythology called the Wendigo. There are a few different versions of it, but the one I have in mind could fit this scenario fairly well. The TV series Fear Itself had a pretty decent 1 hour short story that involved a version of the Wendigo. The episode (season 1 ep. 8) was called Skin & Bones.

See info here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo#Human_Wendigos

A couple versions of a Wendigo...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120319203649/cryptidz/images/9/9c/Deer.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/062/d/3/jasonfelix_wendigo_04_by_jason_felix-d78u7fz.jpg

If CC #14 "A feast in Massachusetts" and Dr. Jimmy's #13A is for the Wendigo (I think you may be on to something there), then perhaps Dr. Jimmy's #13B clue (Sunrise Sunset) corresponds to the "A show in Mexico" part from CC #14.

Maybe in the same way that Hollywood is being given a choice to vote on which scare zone they want, Orlando will be given a vote of which house/scare zone they want: Wendigo or an urban legend/myth from Mexico (El Cucuy?). El Cucuy fits with the "Sunrise Sunset" clue in that he comes out at night and he's known for perching on top of roof tops (Fiddler on the Roof).

Another guess for the Mexico part which I can't really link to Dr. J's #13B, since Wendigo is all about cannibalism, perhaps something involving the Aztecs?

Another note: the Wendigo is an Algonquin myth, and the Algonquins were the tribe associated with the Roanoke Colony. The basic idea was that if a person turned to cannibalism they turned into a Wendigo. Perhaps the backstory of this house is that the Roanoke Colony turned to cannibalism over a particularly rough winter, despite the warnings of the Algonquins, and thus all turned into Wendigos.

Another thought, have we had any ideas as to what the scare zone outside of the Garden Of Allah Villas might be? Because a Wendigo/Roanoke Colony scare zone would really fit right at home in that forrest-y area. Maybe even we could see this and the Mexico/Aztec scare zone together, where if you take the path under the trees you get one theme, but if you cut close to the water you get the other.

Has any one figured out where that topographical map in CC#14 is hinting at?

Edited by 12monkeys

Getting away from wendigos (wendigi?), what other early American history is there that is ripe for the picking? Here's a quick list I thought up:

Roanoke

Haunted ships (USS Constellation or USS Constitution being my first thoughts)

The Donner Party

Deerfield, Massachusetts (I only know this because I live in MA)

Now to try to connect these to Jimmy and Cassilda.

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 1

Roanoke connects to Croatoa and there are quite a few famous people associated with the word Croatoa: Ambrose Bierce, Black Bart, Amelia Earhart, and Edgar Allen Poe. More interesting, though, is that it was the last entry in a ship's logbook that ran aground of Cape Hattaras (which was formerly Croatoan Island). I am still trying to figure out the horror bent to this.

Mike said some things on Twitter about TWD but also said a couple other general things about announcement season and the event.

"To clear up some info.. TWD is a maze only in Orlando. It's a big one, but only a maze.. There's so much more to come.."
"We've got 7 more mazes to announce. Original ideas and IP's."
"Streets are in the zone. ;)"
"Keep right here in the coming weeks to get news about the Orlando event, straight from the source. I'll keep posting some BTS content. -mike"

I was paying close attention to Mike's tweets last night and when he said TWD is a maze only in Orlando, I tweeted back and said, "Please let this mean we get our scare zones back, for the love of god and everything holy".. lo and behold, he sent "Streets are in the zone ;)". Totally made my day. My TWD anxiety is over. Snoopy happy dance resumes for scare zones and whatever else they are bringing.. I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions, but that response sure says "scare zones are back" to me.

• Like 1