Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

... What about a broader Stephen King house?...

*GASP* :wub:

My wishes....They can come true...

...oh wait wrong company. :blush:

A Stephen King house would be phenomenal though! Though I'm not sure the whole "balloons" idea would apply to the entire house...and idk if Dr. J would give such a particular clue concerning just one facet of King's work. But any guess is a good one...and I love entertaining the Stephen King idea every year anyway....even if it's just a pipe dream.

*GASP* :wub:

My wishes....They can come true...

...oh wait wrong company. :blush:

A Stephen King house would be phenomenal though! Though I'm not sure the whole "balloons" idea would apply to the entire house...and idk if Dr. J would give such a particular clue concerning just one facet of King's work. But any guess is a good one...and I love entertaining the Stephen King idea every year anyway....even if it's just a pipe dream.

I'm right with you, woman! I would do just about anything for an SK house..

However, I think "balloons" as a reference to Pennywise would be WAY too obvious.. Ol' Dr. Jimmy is too sneaky for that.

• Like 2

The balloon clue obviously points to a Killer Clowns from Outer Space maze... :)

Wasn't klowns from the 2007 Hollywood HHN? And even though Dr. J loves his april fools jokes...I can't help but think that maybe taking inspiration from Hollywood isn't what they want to do this year...as much as corporate will allow, anyway.

Edited by justchristy
  • Like 1

Wasn't klowns from the 2007 Hollywood HHN? And even though Dr. J loves his april fools jokes...I can't help but think that maybe taking inspiration from Hollywood isn't what they want to do this year...as much as corporate will allow, anyway.

I do love my April Fool's jokes. Which is why I held back on any actual Cryptic Comments until April 2nd - to clearly distinguish the jokes from the serious statements.

• Like 2

I don't know what the "balloons" is getting at but if I know the doc, It isn't the obvious answers.

I agree, which is why I'm thinking clowns, circuses, and the like are the wrong direction. Wasn't his clue for Gothic last year waterspouts? I'd be very surprised if it was the obvious answer.

• Like 1

I agree, which is why I'm thinking clowns, circuses, and the like are the wrong direction. Wasn't his clue for Gothic last year waterspouts? I'd be very surprised if it was the obvious answer.

Waterspouts was Gothic.

If I remember correctly, everyone was guessing based on the weather phenomenon of a waterspout (tornado over water).

Or water spouts as in the water pluming from a fountain.

Balloon is a noun or verb.

Synonyms for the noun: airship bladder blimp dirigible zeppelin

Verb definition: billow out; bloat

Verb Synonyms: belly blow up bulge dilate distend enlarge expand inflate puff out swell

Balloons if used in verb form could refer to The Blob. The Blob, as we know, bulges, swells, expands, and enlarges.

Add Slither due to the inflating and bulging of the initial character who is infected.

EDIT: It was actually a female character and I don't think she was the first person infected. It's been forever since I saw that movie.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Hello. I haven't really posted on here and though I've always come to these forums for fun HHN speculation and information over the years I'm still new to how all of this works. That being said if I'm doing this wrong please let me know, thanks!

When I saw balloons as Dr. Jimmy's "Cryptic Comment Number One" the first logical thing for me to do was research balloons. I found out the inventor was a scientist from 19th Century London by the name of Professor Michael Faraday who used pig and other animal intestines as the first balloons in his experiments with hydrogen at the Royal Institute in London . After a few hours of fascinating insight into electricity and magnetism I had nothing. Oh! He's credited with inventing an early form of what would become the Bunsen burner, but I digress (LOL).

So I did a quick google of the Professors name as it relates to horror (movies/books/etc) and fascinatingly enough, I got a hit! What came up was the Universal picture, "The Invisible Man's Revenge" from June 9, 1944. I couldn't find anywhere how or why Michael Faraday came up in that search other than the fact that one of the main character's in this feature was a scientist. So, maybe no relation... But I thought I'd put my two cents in!

• Like 3

Omg, Doc added my guess to the video! -fanboying everywhere- but back to the guessing... Bioshock as a series has inspired house before right or was the Saws and Steam house just very similar? Because I believe the Columbia angle could be quite interesting. Also, let me see, Balloons. I really like your digging Chadley. Hmm... Balloons... I still always go back to IT and then go back to Stephen King. Haha in my dreams it will happen! Or nightmares...

Word of advice.. Dont over think his clues.. Just saying.

But I WANT them to overthink!!!! Think as much as possible!!!

Not that you really need to in order to solve the comment's meaning, but just that thinking is good for you. Many people hardly ever think at all.

• Like 10