Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

well as much as i wish i could help on the "ballons" clue, its to broad and could mean too many different things for me to help, but last year i know Doc used "cryptic clues" and in his reveal video of what his clues meant he said that the word "cryptic" was hinting at horror unearthed so by calling it "cryptic" again this year is he telling us that HU is coming back?

• Like 1

Balloons can be used to celebrate many things... like an anniversary of sorts. It has been 20 years since the movie Jurassic Park made its theatrical debut. Maybe, A&D has decided to come up with "another" house idea with the Jurassic Park name. That's my thinking on it for now.

Charts, maps, navigation..... Did Terra Cuentas ever burn?

I wasn't thinking about that possibility, but that's interesting. To elaborate on my ideas I'll connect them to the lyrics:

Back at base, bugs in the software

Flash the message, "Some thing's out there"

Floating in the summer sky. - Continuing with the "balloons" thing, weather balloons are generally conncted to alien visitation conspiracies as a way of disproving that we... I mean they exist. "something's out there." Some speculation on this: X-files, aliens in general or potentially the franchise or something to do with conspiracies, maybe even dead space or interstellar terror. "Panic lads, it's a red alert. There's something here from somewhere else"

"The war machine springs to life

Opens up one eager eye

Focusing it on the sky."

"With orders to identify, to clarify and classify

Scrambling in the summer sky."

Simplifying even further: "Back at base, bugs in the software" could have something to do with shadowcreek labs, havoc: dogs of war.

Also, a militaristic post apocalypse might be a possibility.

Also, given the song was in German, it could potentially be a toungue in cheek reference to nazis taking over or something. That's probably some people guessed Nazi zombies.

Moving away from the song however, I had these ideas: 100 year anniversary.

Sweet 16 was another party themed hhn, could we see a return of classic icons in much the same way as that year?

The movie IT. Or potentially the book.

Balloons could be a red herring as well. What's the opposite of a reason to celebrate? Death? Undeath?

Treaks and Foons

Cindy

Other than that, that's all I've got.

About terra cruentas though: I could find nothing of burning, however this: http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/Terra_Cruentas says that the cycle of terra cruentas was broken when the Queen sacrificed herself. Unless burning is a metaphor for them losing everything, I don't think that terra cruentas has any relation to this. I could be wrong however. I didn't attend that event.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 1

I suggested 99 Luftballons, which is the original German version of 99 Red Ballons.

Both songs are about 99 balloons set free in the air that triggers a war, usually a nuclear war. The songs were released at during the Cold War. This is why I suggested a nuclear apocalypse or nuclear holocaust.

As for the ifrit:

My guess - The world clock or doomsday clock. This also suggests a nuclear holocaust, as does the quote.

The words in the image appear to be - as much as. The first to letters are either NK or OK. If OK, then I would suggest the words look or took to be the word.

• Like 2

I suggested 99 Luftballons, which is the original German version of 99 Red Ballons.

Both songs are about 99 balloons set free in the air that triggers a war, usually a nuclear war. The songs were released at during the Cold War. This is why I suggested a nuclear apocalypse or nuclear holocaust.

As for the ifrit:

My guess - The world clock or doomsday clock. This also suggests a nuclear holocaust, as does the quote.

The words in the image appear to be - as much as. The first to letters are either NK or OK. If OK, then I would suggest the words look or took to be the word.

It's also worth mentioning that the background for the image looks like a map of sorts.

I can't make out the words, but it might also be written in toungue or a real language that isn't english.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

Oh Ifrit.. I forgot about him/her/it.
Between the Doc and The Ifrit All these riddles make my head hurt >.<
It's easier for me to just to get the info :P

I did get this one:

e8e8f1a0edf211e1ad5812313804842c_7.jpg

Which is easy. Horror Unearthed.

• Like 1

Oh Ifrit.. I forgot about him/her/it.

Between the Doc and The Ifrit All these riddles make my head hurt >.<

It's easier for me to just to get the info :P

I did get this one:

e8e8f1a0edf211e1ad5812313804842c_7.jpg

Which is easy. Horror Unearthed.

Not to keep throwing things out there, as there's a point where you have so many ideas you're helping speed things up and point where you have so many that you slow things down, perhaps my 99 red balloons thing has a connection with horror unearthed? Which potentially has a connection with legendary truth? "With orders to identify, to clarify and classify."

So to get in a bit more of straight wishful thinking before all the hardcore speculation for the year consumes our time, I was listening to my Halloween playlist on the way to class last night, and came across a song for an IP that could be a fun house. It's not owned by Universal so far as I know, but would be fun in a 100 years of horror theme: The Blob.

I'm thinking the queue line could play the song from the 50's version with a queue video showing scenes from it, and then you get hit with visuals from the much gorier 80's version in the house. Scareactors could be half melted victims, you could use blob animatronics or prosthetics. Put in scenes like the sewer, movie theater, church, doctor's office, and crash site, and it could be a pretty cool house. You could even make the last room look like you've been absorbed into the blob, which various pieces of debris, bones, remains, and other stuff. Pump in acrid odors and use squishing and slushing noises, purple lights, all that good stuff. It could be an interesting house.

The theme song for the 50's version:

The trailer for the 80's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyuWJ-7jeGY

• Like 1

IMy guess - The world clock or doomsday clock. This also suggests a nuclear holocaust, as does the quote.

It is the doomsday clock, you're right.

the message: "think as much as..."???

Perhaps the Ifrit posting this soon after the Doc posted the above is not coincidence....

could there be a link between "balloons" and the doomsday clock?

• Like 1

I think the ifrit is quoting dr. jimmy...in his video from yesterday, he said a sentence including the phrase "thinking as much as you can"....so maybe it's a variation of that: "think as much as (you can)". Plus, J has been telling us to THINK repeatedly. Maybe it's about that....or maybe this is just a teaser from ifrit to get us psyched.

In my case, it totally worked :)

Now that I think about it. Perhaps the word "think" is a bit of a key word. I'm trying to find out if anyone who had relation to the creation of the nuclear bomb had any quotes regarding thinking. All I could find was this Einstein quote: "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." I don't think it has much relevance, if any. However, I would certainly start looking into what they both mean by thinking. And about what.

Wishful Thinking: Scarezone, location-Grown Evil back in 2010 or 2011, Coulrophobic it is near where Classic Monsters house was from last year, related and linked to the house. House called Phobic or Phobia or some iteration of it, could easily have Fear himself in the house but could work just the same without him.

The facade would be an old worn looking hospital, the entrance room has passerby activated sounds, the room could easily be reused or resembling the opening of Walking Dead. You enter through the hospital and on the ground are flashlights (bolted down) that illuminate dimly, a sign above the door reads, patients subject to experimentation. You enter a hall with glass cells, all are seemingly empty and bolted with bloody walls and decrepit accommodations.

You get to the end of the hall and there is an open cell and inside it a poor soul who has hanged himself. You must walk under his legs to proceed,I'd like to think some nights they use a prop and others a scareactor with a special harness to be suspended in the air.

Anyway before I go way past the point of too much detail, the premise is you enter as a visitor to the hospital, and are bombarded with a strangely sweet scent, you walk in and investigate further the first hall is full of cells for the test subjects. You must continue through the only open cell, where a scrim would momentarily pop up with a silhouette standing there before a sound cue and blast of air scare you directing your attention while a scareactor hidden in debris attacks. As you advance to the surgeons center you fund a bloody body and a voice is heard through an intercom "Subject after being thoroughly induced with the inhalant tore away his own skin. It interests me then to what will happen to you?" (nod back to the sweet inhalant) the ground vibrates and projections display a distortion effect. You end up going through the chambers and halls of the maze and each is demonstrating another subject and a phobia, a room built like an Aquarian with water dripping and "tanks" of water above you for those with fear of drowning. So on and so forth for each room the area is more severe and the exit is claustrophobia entering an elevator one at a time and having the walls slowly close in on you as you reach your final destination and exit.

(beyond wishful thinking there but still)

• Like 1

Perhaps the word "think" is a bit of a key word.

Yes, so let's think balloon. Think balloon...thought bubble? Thought Bubble Comic Convention at which Image Comics played a role last year. Image Comics is responsible for The Walking Dead...so, the Walking Dead returns this year. How's that for overthinking?

Speaking of films coming out....what about an evil dead house? It's a Sony movie...the re-make that came out this month, that is...idk what the universal/sony relationship is off the top of my head, though. But anyway...evil dead is an amaaaazing franchise to take advantage of in terms of creating an original house. Total wishful thinking.

We can just sit back and read all the speculation people are coming up with *grabs some popcorn and watches*
This. I already know too much...so watching everyone speculate and see how close/far off they are is kind of entertaining *mooches off of Charles' popcorn* haha
  • Like 1