Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

I guess at this stage it just isn't that important to me either way if it's an IP - moreso the execution. I've pretty much loved all the Universal Classic Monster houses, the All Night Die-Ins and Silver Screams, Alice Cooper (of course) - heck, I even enjoyed Saw. OTOH, I really didn't like some of our other IP houses last year, and I can think of several other IP's over the years that really didn't float my boat. And then I can say the same thing about the original houses - many I've loved to near-death; some gave me the meh's.

I have faith in Orlando's creative team - just not so much faith in those that hold the purse strings, and therefore the whips. I understand the issues with presenting similar product to two different markets, so my concern I think comes more from Hollywood mis-judging marketing to Orlando (as Ryan has suggested before).

As always, this is only one woman's opinion, and YMMV :)

THIS!!!!!

I really don't care as long as I walk out of a house and say "holy sh1t that was good!" That's all I want to say. Don't care if its an IP or and original house. IP's can be fun to go through also bc you can look around and see how much detail you can point out from the movie. That's cool too. But I would welcome with open arms an AWIL house...

ok this probably isnt the best thread for this question but this gets a lot fo traffic so I'll ask...

who all do you guys follow on FB and twitter that pertains to HHN? I dont have twitter but I think im gonna make one just to follow some HHN related info.

So some names would be great if you could help me out!

(mods if this is moved I dont blame you)

Still watching the first part, but I'll be damned if this isn't making me excited. I really hope at least some of this is true. I'm a huge fan of Universal horror, particularly the early stuff.

Oh, and like the t-shirt, btw! :)

EDIT: Just got to the first house in Pt. 2. I really want this event to happen now just as you're describing...

EDIT 2: Just finished all four parts. Not gonna lie, if this turned out to be our event, I'd be pretty happy...

• Like 1

love the vids, doc. I like the way you think. I'd be happy with any or all of that being true. The horror host scare zone, Cindy & Eddie scare zones, horror unearthed house, shark in the dark, and hitchcock house are my favorite parts.

Only thing missing for me is Halloween. Michael Myers and Halloween haven't ever really been featured at HHN. I only remember seeing the movie represented in a room in one of The Director's houses. Even though the original is a Universal picture, I've always assumed it was a rights issue. We've had other "modern" monsters/slashers several times, Carnival of Carnage was one of my favorite years, but still Michael Myers gets snubbed. If they go with the century of screams concept, which I think is great, I think it would be a mistake to leave out Halloween. At least The Thing has gotten plenty of love over the past decade, lol.

• Like 1

I think its more than reasonable to assume eight houses, withstanding no sudden demolitions. I also enjoy the century of fear angle. I'd like for there to be at least three or four scare zones if possible, and then if they wanted to give the roaming hoarded another go have at it. I would adore the dual park concept but very much doubt it. I would also enjoy a play or call or return or nod off back to the fear arch, closed or not I'd like to see him done properly. Also this may be the wrong thread but, did anyone catch a "battle" between Darkness and the Nightmare back in xiii? Or is that just something made up on the wiki... Sorry for any irrelevance.

• Like 1

So I bring you some news from the world of HHN...

Today I checked out the Universal Orlando UK site and saw this...
https://www.universalorlando.co.uk/Annual_Events/Halloween-Horror-Nights.aspx

N
ow here is the United States version...
https://www.universalorlando.com/Events/Halloween-Horror-Nights.aspx

B
efore you say anything.. this hasn't always been there on the UK site.. Just went up over the last couple days.

• Like 2

Now here is the United States version...

Before you say anything.. this hasn't always been there on the UK site.. Just went up over the last couple days.

Confirmation of Location? Is that what I'm seeing?

Both sites state Universal Studios Florida. Or am I missing something because I'm on my phone?

Yay, joke time is over!!!!

Balloons, hmmmm.

Balloons makes me think of Macy's, birthday parties, the circus.....

Or is it a hot air balloon reference? Is it verb form instead of noun? Could it be something that balloons/expands.

Can we at least get hot, cold, warm? Pretty, pretty please.... *ggls*

This is going to be fun.

• Like 1

Omg! I religiously watched "Svengoolie" here in Chicago when I was a kid. I even wrote him a fan letter, and was thrilled when I got a return postcard from him. Loved my "Creature Feature" Friday nights.. <sigh>

Ok, so I'm new to Dr. Jimmy's "annual reveal". On average how much comes true??? I would friggin DIE for all of this as laid out. And a Horror Unearthed house? OMG!! Bonus with my beloved Iniquitus at the end??!! I so miss them..

Fill me in.. will we actually get any of this??

The first thing thing that popped in my head when Dr. Jimmy mentioned balloons were clowns. I for one would love to have a house that's entirely clown or circus themed this year because we haven't really had one of those in a while. Or maybe that's a bit too obvious?

Omg! I religiously watched "Svengoolie" here in Chicago when I was a kid. I even wrote him a fan letter, and was thrilled when I got a return postcard from him. Loved my "Creature Feature" Friday nights.. <sigh>

Ok, so I'm new to Dr. Jimmy's "annual reveal". On average how much comes true??? I would friggin DIE for all of this as laid out. And a Horror Unearthed house? OMG!! Bonus with my beloved Iniquitus at the end??!! I so miss them..

Fill me in.. will we actually get any of this??

No one knows. Doc has always put rumors in that people thought were outlandish and dismissed them. I believe Doc, himself, was surprised when P&T actually came to be. (P&T were speculated on before April last year).

He could have slipped real clues or hints in this time, but there has been this strange occurrence with the Doc. When he's joking, as in he actually thinks he's making a joke, the speculation or reveal comes partially or fully to fruition.

EDIT: BALLOONS!!!!

Good Doctor, until proven otherwise, Balloons shall refer to Pennywise

They all float down here, after all.

*runs off to her Delusion corner and grasps her dreams and hopes with a death grip*

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 4

"balloons" makes me think of American werewolf in London as well. After David turns, he wakes up in a zoo. He steals this kid's balloons to cover himself because he's naked.

in other news,I just caught a commercial for a Friday night horror host show on Epix Drive-In hosted by Tom Savini as The Amazing Savini! He's all done up looking like Mr. Hyde turned vampire. I just realized that this is it's own channel that plays B movies all day, lol.

Edited by dave
  • Like 2

No one knows. Doc has always put rumors in that people thought were outlandish and dismissed them. I believe Doc, himself, was surprised when P&T actually came to be. (P&T were speculated on before April last year).

He could have slipped real clues or hints in this time, but there has been this strange occurrence with the Doc. When he's joking, as in he actually thinks he's making a joke, the speculation or reveal comes partially or fully to fruition.

EDIT: BALLOONS!!!!

Good Doctor, until proven otherwise, Balloons shall refer to Pennywise

They all float down here, after all.

*runs off to her Delusion corner and grasps her dreams and hopes with a death grip*

Pennywise indeed!! That's exactly what I thought! Yes.. they all float.

Balloon... Hmmm... The obvious to me is something to do with clowns, but dave has a good point. We know the AWIL house was supposed to happen last year, and I don't think it would surprise anyone if it resurfaced this year. Particularly if there were some kernels of truth in Dr. Jimmy's videos yesterday. If Universal does go with a 100 years of horror theme (which is a marketing gold mine, so I hope they do), it makes perfect sense for the AWIL house to be used this year.

• Like 1

Now here is the United States version...

Before you say anything.. this hasn't always been there on the UK site.. Just went up over the last couple days.

Can someone point out to me what is significant on these pages cause I am clearly missing something haha

Can someone point out to me what is significant on these pages cause I am clearly missing something haha

I asked above, in case I was missing something as well.

The only significant thing I can see is:

"On select nights in September and October, your worst nightmares will take shape as Universal Studios Florida® theme park is transformed into the award-winning Halloween Horror Nights®."

This seems to confirm the event will take place inside the Studios.

• Like 1

That's the standard text that we see pop up every year. I don't think there was any significance there, other than that copy is new to the UK site. I wouldn't use it to confirm or deny anything yet.

I asked above, in case I was missing something as well.

The only significant thing I can see is:

"On select nights in September and October, your worst nightmares will take shape as Universal Studios Florida® theme park is transformed into the award-winning Halloween Horror Nights®."

This seems to confirm the event will take place inside the Studios.

I saw at the right side of the page that it mentions both IOA and USF but I dont know if that is something that happens on all the pages